The Labour Leadership Campaign

Christmas Tree

Because they were built with PFI which was a complete and utter fuck up which means most councils are in debt up to their eyes on schools they no longer own.

Probably because they put a lot of these into place by ludicrous PFI schemes which have crippled governments with horrific debts and contracts ever since.

They could have borrowed the money themselves at much better rates but instead chose this horrific easy option.

They went Tory with the finance? Silly thing to do.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You always resort to this sort of thing when you can't answer a straightforward question.

I answered your question. You didn't answer mine and resorted to your usual patter. :lol:

We both know you don't want a discussion, you just want to try and be clever and trip someone up. ;)

Your views are always very closely guarded and your a bit of a control freak if we're being honest.

Any time you want a proper political two way discussion...... I'm your man ;)

Edited by Christmas Tree

I answered your question. You didn't answer mine and resorted to your usual patter. :lol:

We both know you don't want a discussion, you just want to try and be clever and trip someone up. ;)

Your views are always very closely guarded and your a bit of a control freak if we're been honest.

Any time you want a proper political two way discussion...... I'm your man ;)Star

You asked for an example of a scenario which doesn't exist and never has done, didn't you? You're now attempting to take no one giving you an example as some sort of victory.

I did want a discussion as it happens. Or an answer anyway. You just rolled out your list of cliches, none of which actually addressed what I asked.

And then you try and get personal, because you're rattled. You're not even very good at that.

:lol:

I asked a question to see if there was some resemblance of the type of party you and others see as being capable as delivering what you want. I don't know if something close to it exists. Hence the question.

As for the answers I gave (twice), you could have discussed which bits fell short of your question and I could have expanded. Alas, you got personal with your put down remark.

You want to try and win all the time when is essence that is rarely achievable in political discussion. We can all pick holes in individual party's / politics but none of that achieves much.

Everyone is entitled to their views in a democracy.

I would happily vote for a party that could do all things and tick everyone's boxes, but I never seem to hear arguments for how that can be achieved.

I'm free for sensible discussion any time. :)

:lol:

I asked a question to see if there was some resemblance of the type of party you and others see as being capable as delivering what you want.

How about the working class delivering what they want without the need of a party?

The recent Syriza debacle should be the final nail in the coffin for anyone still taking representative democracy seriously.

How about the working class delivering what they want without the need of a party?

The recent Syriza debacle should be the final nail in the coffin for anyone still taking representative democracy seriously.

Syriza simply promised something they couldn't deliver.

At least the Conservatives were fairly upfront on what the public could expect.

Syriza simply promised something they couldn't deliver.

And why could they not deliver what they were voted in to do?

At least the Conservatives were fairly upfront on what the public could expect.

And what could the public expect? probably not to be governed by a party who where voted in by less than 30% of those registered to vote.

Edited by RedfernMag

They went Tory with the finance? Silly thing to do.

Contracting out the financing,construction and ongoing maintenance of facilities for education and health to private entities is about as tory as it gets...that's why Labour needs to stop trying to be the conservative party...

And why could they not deliver what they were voted in to do?

And what could the public expect? probably not to be governed by a party who where voted in by less than 30% of those registered to vote.

1. Simply they gave the public false hope.

2. That's usually they way governments are elected.

Oh dear, somebody once again has no clue of what they're talking about. And no, I'm not going to explain it to you, it's beyond your ability but more importantly your willingness to comprehend.

Oh dear, somebody once again has no clue of what they're talking about. And no, I'm not going to explain it to you, it's beyond your ability but more importantly your willingness to comprehend.

Surprise surprise :lol:

Nice cop-out.

It's pointless my spending the time because, as Alex already pointed out, you're in this thread to annoy people with your lowest common denominator tabloid chat. I could spend ten minutes typing up an explanation and you would respond with something like "If you believe that :lol:", without even having tried to read or understand it. I won't waste that time any more than I would with Leazes by the end of his time on here.

1. Simply they gave the public false hope.

2. That's usually they way governments are elected.

you know those white fluffy things that float above your house? do you point out and laugh at the ones that you think look like cartoon characters?

It's pointless my spending the time because, as Alex already pointed out, you're in this thread to annoy people with your lowest common denominator tabloid chat. I could spend ten minutes typing up an explanation and you would respond with something like "If you believe that :lol:", without even having tried to read or understand it. I won't waste that time any more than I would with Leazes by the end of his time on here.

Aye, that's your usual cop-out in this thread. :lol:

I discuss my point of view in this thread nothing more. The fact the majority of you are left leaning and find my legitimate view point "annoying", is your personal issues, not mine.

you know those white fluffy things that float above your house? do you point out and laugh at the ones that you think look like cartoon characters?

Have you been drinking? :lol:

They promised something that most onlookers realised they were never going to be able to deliver.

As for the percentages governments in the UK are elected on, that's always been the case.

Also people can't complain if they can't be arsed to vote.

Aye, that's your usual cop-out in this thread. :lol:

I discuss my point of view in this thread nothing more. The fact the majority of you are left leaning and find my legitimate view point "annoying", is your personal issues, not mine.

What then is your viewpoint on the reason why Syriza were unable to follow through with the wishes of those who voted them into power? Could you unpack your 'gave false hope' comment into something broader, something more substantial?

What then is your viewpoint on the reason why Syriza were unable to follow through with the wishes of those who voted them into power? Could you unpack your 'gave false hope' comment into something broader, something more substantial?

Why make it broader? If you know much about this then you surely know exactly what I mean.

They promised everything and the voters, fed up with austerity believed it. They promised staying in the Euro AND less austerity.

As if for one minute anyone looking in believed that the IMF and the like we're simply going to roll over.

They knew leaving the euro would lead to even worse austerity.

They had no bargaining position whatsoever.

Back to where I started, they promised something that couldn't be delivered.

Why make it broader? If you know much about this then you surely know exactly what I mean.

They promised everything and the voters, fed up with austerity believed it. They promised staying in the Euro AND less austerity.

As if for one minute anyone looking in believed that the IMF and the like we're simply going to roll over.

They knew leaving the euro would lead to even worse austerity.

They had no bargaining position whatsoever.

Back to where I started, they promised something that couldn't be delivered.

Your Slimming World Mentor knows all about doing this.

They attempted something that could of been delivered. That it wasn't reveals the bankruptcy of the whole democratic process.

In what way could it have been delivered?

Would you like to "broaden" your view on how they could have delivered staying in the Euro and less austerity?