The Labour Leadership Campaign

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree , on 04 Aug 2015 - 9:03 PM, said:

In what way could it have been delivered?

Would you like to "broaden" your view on how they could have delivered staying in the Euro and less austerity?

It could of been delivered by telling the Troika to fuck off from day one.

Obviously that was never going to happen as Syriza are not an anti-austerity party, they are reformists. The irony is that the proposals put forward by both Syriza and the Troika, which led to all the disagreements, which then led to a referendum, only differed on a few things (debt restructuring and the timing of certain pensions being the main ones).

The two proposals were pretty much the same thing, and both pro-austerity.

As for broadening what I think all this means, for your benefit, I have a feeling I would be better off cleaning my bell-end with a cheese grater.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously that was never going to happen

:lol:

So pleased you broadened the debate.

I suggest you read up on what they promised the electorate to get elected. All sorts of sweeteners and gimmicks that was based on fantasy. Everything from free electricity, Christmas bonuses for pensioners, raising of wages, raising welfare, subsidies for business etc etc.

The fact that an austerity weary public swallowed the bullshit doesn't mean democracy is damaged, it simply means they were sold a turd.

Like the grating of your bell-end, Syriza promises disappeared nearly as quickly. ;)

Obviously that was never going to happen as Syriza are not an anti-austerity party, they are reformists. The irony is that the proposals put forward by both Syriza and the Troika, which led to all the disagreements, which then led to a referendum, only differed on a few things (debt restructuring and the timing of certain pensions being the main ones).

The two proposals were pretty much the same thing, and both pro-austerity.

As for broadening what I think all this means, for your benefit, I have a feeling I would be better off cleaning my bell-end with a cheese grater.

Could have, not could of.

:lol:

So pleased you broadened the debate.

I suggest you read up on what they promised the electorate to get elected. All sorts of sweeteners and gimmicks that was based on fantasy. Everything from free electricity, Christmas bonuses for pensioners, raising of wages, raising welfare, subsidies for business etc etc.

The fact that an austerity weary public swallowed the bullshit doesn't mean democracy is damaged, it simply means they were sold a turd.

Like the grating of your bell-end, Syriza promises disappeared nearly as quickly. ;)

What is the point of broadening the debate with someone who equates a proposal to halt the privatisation of the Greek IPTO with giving everyone free electricity?

I'd be better off spending the time soaping my balls with French lacquer.

Me mate's dad (now deceased) used to be in the Navy. The only subjects they couldn't discuss at meal times were politics and religion as they were the two guaranteed to cause fights.

Dear me, the first one I clicked on, council tax, says it might rise. What's that go to do with the fact that it's been frozen for 5 years :lol:

It also virtually doubled under Labour .

Don't worry, it's pub night so done debating > ;) <

Dear me, the first one I clicked on, council tax, says it might rise. What's that go to do with the fact that it's been frozen for 5 years :lol:

It also virtually doubled under Labour .

Don't worry, it's pub night so done debating > ;) <

No it says it HAS risen...

The average level of council tax in England this financial year is £1,484 for a Band D property, a rise of £16 on last year.

He's a professional weapon. CT, this is exactly what I said you would do if I tried to engage with you on Greece yesterday. Skim read, dismiss out of hand, post smilies. That's all you're here to do.

No it says it HAS risen...

Council tax has been frozen for the last 5 years. The freeze meant that no council could raise the tax by more than 2% unless they held a referendum.

South Tyneside council (where I live) has not raised it in 5 years, as has the majority of councils.

09ce867940bc67a973c23edf0ed0d1de.jpg

I know you like to try and win an argument, but claiming there hasn't been a freeze for the last 5 years is plain stupid.

So councils had the power to raise council tax by up to 2% a year without a referendum and 40% of councils did so.

I've not claimed there hasn't been a freeze. I've provided some context as to why the "freeze" was more of a desire than an achievement. It's not kept council tax rates nationwide the same as they were 5 years back.

I'm in favour of more taxes myself, so I don't see why you portray a freeze as a good thing, not even wanting a rise in line with inflation, while councils are being forced to close libraries and that all over the shop.