Gunman In Whitehaven

TicTacWoe

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The death toll is still rising.

Very fucking too soon, scores have people have been attacked and murdered for no reason.

So people may be a bit shit scared.

Guest Barrack Road
Too soon ;)?

You're a total nob. I bet you weren't taking the piss out of dead people after the Omagh bombing.

Apparently one of the dead was a famous (in those circles) Rugby league player for Workington.

Some lass reading in the paper here, went over to his car as she thought he was asking for directions (a bloke in a taxi asking for directions fuck knows how that works) and he fired two shots at her one went through her ponytail. She commented "I'm pleased he missed." :icon_lol: pmsl am not laughing at what's happened it's pure saddened me, but am pleased he fuckin missed, great comment.

Edited by Barrack Road

Too soon ;)?

You're a total nob. I bet you weren't taking the piss out of dead people after the Omagh bombing.

Apparently one of the dead was a famous (in those circles) Rugby league player for Workington.

Some lass reading in the paper here, went over to his car as she thought he was asking for directions (a bloke in a taxi asking for directions fuck knows how that works) and he fired two shots at her one went through her ponytail. She commented "I'm pleased he missed." :icon_lol: pmsl am not laughing at what's happened it's pure saddened me, but am pleased he fuckin missed, great comment.

Hope this is a signal to the authorities to have another crackdown on all types of guns - the proliferation of these things is a greater threat to society than any amount of drugs or alchohol - stricter regulation required

Too soon ;)?

Hes also the brother of the Harlequins captain.

Has there been any reports on why this bloke had a mental? It does seem very sudden.

Sounds like a pure meltdown job.

Apparently their was a family dispute between him and his brother over a will and the first two shot were his brother and the solicitor.

Once the ball was rolling it looks as though he's decided to settle a few scores on the way out as well as some randoms.

I would guess he was pissed.

Cumbria Massacre: 'Family Feud' Probe

Police are investigating whether a family feud led to a cab driver killing 12 people, including his twin brother, in a gun rampage in Cumbria.

Derrick Bird, 52, opened fire on his victims as he drove through the countryside over a three-hour period, before taking his own life.

Bird's first victim was his twin brother David who he had rowed with over a will, reports say.

It was also claimed another of the victims was the family's solicitor, Kevin J Commons. He was reportedly shot in the village of Frizington.

Bird shot dead at least one fellow cabbie in the town of Whitehaven.

The divorced father of two then drove his car south, opening fire on people through the window, apparently at random.

Following a manhunt, police found his body 20 miles away from Whitehaven in woods near the hamlet of Boot.

Officers said they had recovered two weapons, a shotgun and a .22 rifle with a telescopic sight.

They said Bird was believed to have taken his own life and there were 30 separate crime scenes.

More than 100 detectives from Cumbria CID are working to retrace his steps and identify the exact sequence of events which led to the 12 deaths.

The Queen has said she was "deeply shocked" by the shootings and shared the country's "grief and horror".

Eleven people were injured - three are in a critical condition and five are described as serious.

The gunman's friend Peter Leder said Bird had told him on Tuesday night: "You won't see me again."

Mr Leder told CNN the taxi driver was known as "Birdy" to his friends and was "an outgoing, well-known guy, who everyone liked".

Officers think Bird started his journey in Lamplugh, where his mother and brother have homes.

They believe he travelled down the A5086 to Whitehaven, and then drove along the coast in a Citroen Picasso.

Police said he made his way through Egremont, Gosforth and Seascale before turning inland and ending up in Boot, where he abandoned his car.

Two people are thought to have been killed in Egremont.

It is understood 57-year-old Susan Hughes was shot while on her way home from a local shop.

Kenneth Fishburn, a retired security worker, is also believed to have been killed in the town. It is thought he was on his way to a betting shop.

One man was shot dead in Gosforth. He was apparently in a field trimming hedges with his uncle when Bird drove past, wound down the car window and blasted him.

The dead man was named as Garry Purdham, son of farmer John Purdham and the brother of Harlequins rugby player Rob Purdham.

Two people were killed in Seascale. Jane Robinson, 66, is understood to have been shot while delivering catalogues just yards from the home she shared with her twin sister.

The other victim there was Michael Pike, 64, who died while cycling in the village where he lived with his wife, Sheena, and son, Jason, 39.

He was a retired man who used to work at the Sellafield nuclear plant.

Jason Pike said: "He was a much-loved husband, father and grandfather. He was a happy man at the time he died and satisfied with the things he achieved."

And an elderly couple are believed to have been killed while out walking in the village of Wilton.

It is not known why Bird, from Rowrah near Frizington in Cumbria, carried out the shootings.

Michelle Haigh, the landlady of Bird's local pub - The Hound Inn in Frizington - described him as a "normal bloke".

Ms Haigh said: "He was a nice guy, nothing out of the ordinary. He would come into the pub, have a couple of pints, have a chat with his friend and go home.

"This is not in character with the Derrick Bird we know. Everybody is shocked."

Bird was said to be friends with Darren Rewcastle, the taxi driver he killed in Duke Street, Whitehaven, as he started his rampage at about 10.30am.

Glenda Pears, boss of L&G Taxis, said: "The lad that's been killed was friends with him. They used to stand together having a craic on the rank.

"He was friends with everybody and used to stand and joke on Duke Street."

A Whitehaven cab driver, who did not want to be named, claimed an argument broke out between Bird and the other three men on Tuesday night at the Duke Street taxi rank.

He said: "All of the taxi drivers were friends. But I heard last night there was an argument on the taxi rank.

"I don't know what caused it, but something must have happened last night. Derrick Bird took off in his car and went home. I don't know what time of night it was."

Speaking about the shootings, Deputy Chief Constable Stuart Hyde said: "This has shocked the people of Cumbria and around the country to the core.

He went on: "Our condolences go out to families and friends of those affected by the horrific incidents that unfolded today.

"These are local people and local police who knew the people killed and injured today.

"It's been a truly exceptional and challenging incident that Cumbria Police has had to deal with today."

He added: "This has shocked the people of Cumbria and the country to the core.

"We will look into Mr Bird's history, his access to firearms and his motivation for the shootings."

Guest Barrack Road

It doesn't matter how depressed you are or down in the dumps, or lack self esteem, or whatever. It doesn't excuse even physical violence let alone mass murder. I mean supposing he's pissed off about a will maybe losing 100k, so fuck, maybe he's pissed off that at 52 he might never get married again, so fuckin what, be miserable about it but pipe down and concentrate on the positive things in life fuckin hell. If there's one thing life teaches us it's that everyone is different, every day is different, but the key rule in life is don't fuckin harm others, and I refuse to accept mental instability as an excuse for anything like this.

Maybe he's so down in the dumps he can't face another day, so, so low he can't face the world, fine if it's that bad fuckin shoot yourself or get help, or ride the circumstantial things that make you feel like that out, but WHAT, what the fuck can anyone possibly get out of shooting 30 odd innocent Cumbrians going about their daily business? The Sun today are saying people are saying he was a likable bloke by all accounts, how can you switch from that, to a murderer in one day regardless if anyones pissed you off, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU GET OUT OF IT? There's so much evil in the world it's easy to lose faith in people en masse it really is. I know it's an old saying but to my knowledge this rarely happened 50 years ago. Way of the world ;)

Dreadful when you start to hear details of the victims coming in. Some poor OAP out delivering catalogues dead. Some poor twat cutting hedges, someone out on their bike. Shame the twat killed himself before someone could get a hold of him.

Dreadful when you start to hear details of the victims coming in. Some poor OAP out delivering catalogues dead. Some poor twat cutting hedges, someone out on their bike. Shame the twat killed himself before someone could get a hold of him.

It's discusting.

Indeed. The OAP out delivering catalogs was a woman in her 70s who's lived all her life with her twin sister. And the bloke cutting his hedges was the rugby player who was the0 brother of the Harlequins captain.

Irrespective of all that, they were still innocent people whoever they were. I'm suffering with depression myself but I couldn't contemplate losing my temper with someone because of it, let alone run amok with a couple of guns. Wasn't one of them supposed to be a sniper rifle? What the fuck did he need one of those for in West Cumbria?

Agree with the sentiment that I'd hope they'd got to him before he turned it on himself. Wanker should have been accountable for his actions.

Purely, purely tragic.

It doesn't matter how depressed you are or down in the dumps, or lack self esteem, or whatever. It doesn't excuse even physical violence let alone mass murder. I mean supposing he's pissed off about a will maybe losing 100k, so fuck, maybe he's pissed off that at 52 he might never get married again, so fuckin what, be miserable about it but pipe down and concentrate on the positive things in life fuckin hell. If there's one thing life teaches us it's that everyone is different, every day is different, but the key rule in life is don't fuckin harm others, and I refuse to accept mental instability as an excuse for anything like this.

Maybe he's so down in the dumps he can't face another day, so, so low he can't face the world, fine if it's that bad fuckin shoot yourself or get help, or ride the circumstantial things that make you feel like that out, but WHAT, what the fuck can anyone possibly get out of shooting 30 odd innocent Cumbrians going about their daily business? The Sun today are saying people are saying he was a likable bloke by all accounts, how can you switch from that, to a murderer in one day regardless if anyones pissed you off, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU GET OUT OF IT? There's so much evil in the world it's easy to lose faith in people en masse it really is. I know it's an old saying but to my knowledge this rarely happened 50 years ago. Way of the world ;)

Attention span culture.

Guest The Three Lions

Attention span culture.

A divvint naa what ye mean?

in Malaysia & Indonesia they have problems with people who run amok - years of smiling, agreeing, being nice and then one day................. BOOM!

I've seen it happen a couple of times and I guess it's the same thing that happened to this guy in Cumbria - they just lose it totally

In Malaysia the police don't bother trying to arrest them if they're still raving - just shoot them from a distance

in Malaysia & Indonesia they have problems with people who run amok - years of smiling, agreeing, being nice and then one day................. BOOM!

I've seen it happen a couple of times and I guess it's the same thing that happened to this guy in Cumbria - they just lose it totally

In Malaysia the police don't bother trying to arrest them if they're still raving - just shoot them from a distance

Wahey!

Tell you what... this bloke is as big, no wait, far worse of a cunt than Derrick Bird. How the fuck can anyone stab a 2 year old to death ;)

Woman in knife attack house 'screamed for help'

The neighbour of a mother who was fatally stabbed in her home along with her toddler son has said she saw her screaming for help.

The woman, 38, and the 23-month-old boy died after the incident in Holbrook, near Belper, Derbyshire, on Wednesday.

Neighbour Norma Way said the victim shouted from a window: "Norma, Norma, call the police."

The case has been referred to the IPCC after it emerged a man also found dead there had been arrested last week.

Friends of the woman said the man had been making threats in the days preceding the killings.

Derbyshire Police confirmed the man found dead at the property in Well Yard, off Town Street, on Wednesday had previously been arrested and as a result of this contact the matter had been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

After police forced their way into the house on Wednesday morning, the child was taken by air ambulance to hospital but died later.

Post-mortem examinations will be conducted later by a Home Office pathologist to determine the cause of their deaths, thought it has been confirmed all suffered knife injuries.

None of the dead has yet been formally identified.

Ms Way said she had seen the mother screaming from the window of her three-storey cottage.

The 70-year-old said: "She looked out of the side window, which is in front of my drive, and I heard her screaming in terror.

"I was the one who called the police. She started shouting to me: 'Norma, Norma, call the police.'

"The man, I couldn't see, but he had raised his arm. I went to the front door but it was locked. When the police arrived they both went in but by then the screaming had stopped."

Derbyshire police have declined to comment on reports that the man was the woman's estranged partner and the child's father.

Town Street currently remains closed to traffic and pedestrians.

Police said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/10227756.stm

Makes you wonder what goes through these peoples mind ;)

A few Shotgun pellets, just unfortunately far far too late.

The thing that really pushed me over the edge was that he apparently beckoned people over before firing at them. That says to me he wasn't simply deranged, firing wildly into crowds or anything, he was calculating, he was fucking evil.

I worry for the politicisation of it all.