Where do you think we will finish?

Park Life

Too early to say.

:(

Yeah, i retract my guess, I'll tell you in May.

Not sure why waiting till the end of August is controversial.

I admire your faith that we'll be moving and shaking in the transfer market to such a degree.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too early to say.

I admire your faith that we'll be moving and shaking in the transfer market to such a degree.

Shaking maybe.

Too early to say.

its more about the other teams in that ragard for me, the ones with a bit of ambition anyway

Guest Gordon McKeag

I wonder where Birmingham fans thought they'd finish at the start of last season. I bet they didn't expect a 15 game unbeaten run....

I wonder where Birmingham fans thought they'd finish at the start of last season. I bet they didn't expect a 15 game unbeaten run....

True, but Birmingham spent quite a lot of money on a number of players and continue to do so.

Unless we spend and invest in quality players we will not progress, only survive at best and I'm not just talking about next season

Unless Hughton pulls some white rabbits out we'll be relegated.

I don't think many quality players are desperate enough to come here and I doubt if hughton has the ability to persuade them to. He's got to be viewed, quite rightly, as a prime candidate for the chop early on. I hope I'm wrong but unless things change or Andy Carroll can emulate Darren Bent then I think we are fucked.

I dont think we'll go down, I think, like wigan and readings first seasons up, that one or two signings with the core of the team and the team spirit remaining intact will see us through this season staying up, its the seasons after that I worry about

10th. Very optimistic. But with a good sense of togetherness from what the players are saying, along with a few decent signings and CH's tactics (expecting him to play 4-5-1 against stronger teams, more attacking at fortress SJP). Best feeling about the changing room atmosphere we've had since Sir Bobby days?

If we had a good start then I might allow for similar optimism. Given how the fixtures have dropped, i can't see that though. I imagine our heads will have dropped early on.

I guess it depends how we put the Man U, Villa results behind us. Because if we treat them like pre-season runabouts and stay positive, it's entirely feasible to take 15 points from the 5 home games after Villa....

Blackpool

Stoke

Wigan

Mackems

Blackburn

Which would be a solid base to work on.

• 1 month later...
Too early to say.

:lol:

Slightly premature but 'Bump' anyway :)

I'd still be pleased with 17th personally this season.

I said at the start I thought we be around 17th but would stay up. I think Id be slightly disappointed with it, only as Id have to accept just how much work still had to be done. ATM Im thinking 15th.

I think we may finish somewhere between 14th and 17th, but don't see it as any sort of success or "consolidation", because I think that for as long as Mike Ashley owns the club, this is where we will always finish until the eventual relegation again.