The Secret Diary of Lee Ryder (aged 44 and a half)

Craig

Thanks to the fish for posting that for paraffins like me who aren't on the times website. Make it a daily thing if you like.

Don't mind doing that, Caulkin usually tweets a link to his stuff before it goes behind the pay-wall as well.

JFK: "Which one's Mark Douglas of the Journal?"

Douglas: "Me."

JFK: "You're a cunt and banned. Which one's Neil Cameron of The Sunday Sun?"

Neil Cameron: "Me."

JFK: " You're a cunt and banned. Which one's Lee Ryder of The Chronicle?"

Ryder: "Me."

JFK: "You're banned."

Ryder: "Am I not a cunt?"

JFK: "No, you're a tit."

Remember as well, there was a bit of a hoohaa about the Chronicle's coverage of the open W*nga debate they had in the city. The coverage was seen as very pro NUFC and those who opposed the sponsorship were given very little coverage. That would be the Chronicle who went into a partnership with W*nga shortly before that debate.

Let's face it, the Chronicle has been shit from time immemorial and the Journal worse again. But.........anything that helps shine a bad light on our owners should be exploited, (which is a bit ironic as that's what journalists should've been doing in the first place).

nufc.com

The Newcastle United Supporters Trust report that their invitation to attend quarterly meetings of the NUFC fan forum has been withdrawn after just one event.

That comes in the wake of the recent NUST-inspired football finance seminar on Tyneside and publicity following the online publication of minutes by the Trust's representative at the inaugural forum.
The latter attracted attention for noting that the club weren't prioritising cup success and confirming that no additional revenue was gained from the display of Sports Direct branding with SJP

Spat their dummies out over the nust publishing the minutes of the forum meeting as well. It seems that keeping their members and the general support informed of a FANS forum isn't on.

Seriously people need to stop supporting this regime. If you're giving them your money, you're supporting. I don't give a fuck how much a part of your life going to the match is, stop letting this cunt take the piss out of you.

Seriously people need to stop supporting this regime. If you're giving them your money, you're supporting. I don't give a fuck how much a part of your life going to the match is, stop letting this cunt take the piss out of you.

On spot. :thumbsup:

It's just not getting through to them is it.

Since I stopped going (and consciously not buying any tat) I feel my connection to the club gets pushed away daily. I do some stuff through work for their foundation and thats the only real link I have at the min. One half of my says I shouldnt let them stop my enjoyment and the other says I wont let them keep taking the piss.

Thing is, I still push my kids to make sure they support the right team and thats working fine, I just hope by the time they come to go this shower of shit is long gone.

The way I'm starting to look at is like this. I rightly or wrongly regard myself as someone who has been part of the hardcore of this club before even Sir John Hall got involved. I love Newcastle United, but my love is fading. For the first time I'm thinking about jacking it, but if the likes of me leaves we're going to be left with no one, but I'm sick to death of it and being told we need to lower ambitions, and how far we are behind the big boys. It's even worse when clubs like Southampton and Cardiff dwarf you in the transfer market. If everyone leaves next season, will we ever get the support back?

Would financially withdrawing support for the club contribute to Ashley selling it?.....and in answer to Stevies question and linked to this is it would very much depend on the regime which buys it.

I'm having to ask myself some serious questions too...if someone could put forward a theory as to how ditching a season ticket I've had for over 20 years and 200+ "loyalty" points would help drive the fucker from the club then im all ears...

My 3 years are up next summer. Think I'll go match by match after that.

It'll probably turn out cheaper as well.

Is the right answer*. The vast majority will simply not need a season ticket. (Obviously PL has a very valid reason regarding keeping his ST for his away loyalty points).

*Is the answer for those who will struggle not to go. The right answer is not going at all while things remain as they are with him as our owner.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Would financially withdrawing support for the club contribute to Ashley selling it?.....

He's not going to budge until he's got all his money back. Ironically we might be better off all buying a set of strips, six half time pints and a tour of the stadium.

He's not going to budge until he's got all his money back. Ironically we might be better off all buying a set of strips, six half time pints and a tour of the stadium.

No because then he will think he can put up with the hassle for the cash coming in. Only when it stops being a cash cow will he get rid and lack of support is one step toward that.

See thats what I think...he's not going to go till he gets his money back and starving him of money will just prolong the suffering. He's got us where he wants us, the fat cunt.

So you're happy to serve as Mike Ashley's loan repayments vehicle? :razz:

I don't understand continuing to hand over your money in these circumstances.

Well if it was a simple as that we'd be getting around 20k as we speak. Explain to me how ditching my ST will get rid of him?

Am jealous that youve got ice in your veins,and are a normal functioning grown up adult.

I'm not, and neither are 1000s of others.

I havent given up at either of our last two relegations, or when Freddy Shepherd borrowed millions we didnt have and trousered a large portion of it. I do have time for the ambition he showed but not for the way he went about it, which is as bad as what Ashley is currently doing iyam.