Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to be very dangerous when he is back, fit and up'n'runnin.

---Ba---

---Ben Arfa---

Jonas-------------------------Barton

---Tiote-------Cabaye---

Marveaux and Obertan off the bench.

lol i'm only new :razz: i've still to get my diplomatic badge from PP

and i've a raging hangover, and ireland lost to france, and my first class train ride home turned into a "special service" with a non working bog and a stench of urine.

sending off a sarccy complaints letter now

Get a grip. You not got anything better to do like?

:lol:

We are going to be very dangerous when he is back, fit and up'n'runnin.

---Ba---

---Marveaux---

Ben Arfa-------------------------Obertan

---Tiote-------Cabaye---

Jonas and Barton off the bench.

Now everyone speaks french :lol:

And I'm pretty sure Mong can't see straight.

Welcome to NUFC :lol: FFS! One game and Mong's been written off already. Just because he didn't cost £15m, you have to slag him off. You people make me sick.

:razz:

Yeah but I've got a mate who's seen all of Mong's games in the eredivisian escudo ligua and he says he's shit innit

• 2 weeks later...

The only issue I can see about his return is your "average fan" who goes to SJP, may not show him the patience that he'll need to get his game back to full swing. As there's very few footballers I've seen who were able to come straight out of the blocks after being out for so long. Shearer was a rare breed, as when he'd normally return after such a long lay-off, he'd get back into things straight away as he was so strong mentally. Owen was a totally different example, even when he was at Liverpool. It normally took him a while to find his form and confidence again.

So I do hope the fans get him time, and don't expect too much too soon from him. Especially as he's the type of player we love up here. We certainly haven't had anybody in our team for a while who could get the fans on their feet every time they had the ball. Martins in his first season, could do that to an extent, but not consistently or to the same standard that players like Robert, Ginola or Beardsley could.

Hopefully he comes back and player that we only saw glimpses of. As even when he came on against Blackpool, he looked a class apart.

Christ I cant wait for him to return.

As others have said though, it's doubtful hes gonna be firing at 100% for quite some time, even in that everton video you can see how close he was running/tricking past players and tacking clips/kicks/tackles.

He's always gonna be taking knocks and mis-timed tackles, all we can hope is that when he comes back his leg is strong enough to operate at that level of pace/intricacy whilst taking those kind of knocks

If he regains full fitness and if he chips in with a few goals then I would be content enough seeing him play off one striker. But that requires another 'if' - if said striker (Ba, Best, one of the Ameobi brothers) scores on a consistent basis.

There are far too many 'ifs' in this squad and comfortably my biggest worry is how many goals we'll score. If it all comes together, then fine - and Ben Arfa getting a few matches in for us would be a supremely positive thing. But I can't see him or anyone else matching Nolan's goal tally from last season for instance.

I'm still not buying this shite about him being prone to injuries cos he can dribble a bit

Aye. He's not even injury prone anyway, he's had two nasty injuries that have been caused by poor tackles from opposition players. His style of play will inevitably invite those sort of challenges. People said it about Messi earlier on in his career as well, as he picked up quite a few injuries caused by him being taken out by opponents. Although now, nobody can actually get that close to him. B)

The only issue I can see about his return is your "average fan" who goes to SJP, may not show him the patience that he'll need to get his game back to full swing.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, theres fans who wrote Cabaye off after one match and who've decided Ba is beyond shite despite the fact he's clearly not fit yet, not eating food during the day and hasn't played a full game yet! He may or may not end up good here (Ba that is) but writing players off before they've started is the modern way sadly. Look at Wenger (before he lost it a bit!) he wouldn't judge players in their first season, he always expected them to need that to settle and show what they could do, and look at Dzeko at City, worse than shite last season, but they knew what they had and didn't worry.

And i agree with you that Ben Arfa is made for our fans, so if they allow him time to get back to speed we'll have a cracking player who plays just how we want...until he does well enough to eb sold of course!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

We could certainly use Ben Arfa's creativity and flair - especially after losing Barton, Jonny was right about the crowd on Sunday getting on players backs but luckily we pulled through.

With a squad as threadbare as ours we need to be 100% behind the players.