Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

French media reckon he will sign for us permanently in the next few days. Not getting my hopes up but it would be fantastic news.

before we find out just how well he has recovered from the injury..... wise lad.................

Signing for us for £5 Million in the next week.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Oy! #NUFC fans - Hatem Ben Arfa will sign for the club on a permanent basis for approx £5m next week. Good news, no? In the paper tomorrow.

Good news this.

One of the most exciting players I've ever seen play for us. £5m is a steal if he comes back half the player after his injury, physically I think he will be fine and his recovery has been going well. I believe most of his game is his mental game as he's so sharp.

What we need now is a poacher. We have Ben Arfa and Barton for creativity/quality delivery respectively; we have Carroll who can lead the line and is a pillar up front; now we need a poacher, a deadly finisher. Sure we have Alan Smith, but he is more suited to a midfield role now. Lovenkrands is like a left-footed shit version of Inzaghi without any athleticism, but he is not a threat at this level anymore. Nolan is a good poacher, but he is too immobile to contribute effectively to the midfield and be a threat in the box - he seems to only do one or the other.

We need a striker who is reasonably mobile and has decent finishing instincts to compliment Carroll's target man play. I can't think of anyone we'd realistically get, presuming we won't be spending any significant amounts of money.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Left-footed shit version of Inzaghi without any athleticism; it is an apt description imo. He makes darting runs all the time into offside positions, his technique is poor, he is unfit and injury-prone, and he has got a big willy according to Ryan Taylor. He was a good threat last year but now he is unable to contribute much unfortunately.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Left-footed shit version of Inzaghi without any athleticism; it is an apt description imo. He makes darting runs all the time into offside positions, his technique is poor, he is unfit and injury-prone, and he has got a big willy according to Ryan Taylor. He was a good threat last year but now he is unable to contribute much unfortunately.

inzaghi's technique is poor? unfit and injury prone? ;)

What Excellent news on Ben Arfa. 5 million as well and the window hasn't even opened yet.

Can't wait for the doom mongers to get spinning on this news. All year they've said we should but wouldn't and now that we have there will be all sorts of conspiracy theories flying around. That or just silence

What Excellent news on Ben Arfa. 5 million as well and the window hasn't even opened yet.

Can't wait for the doom mongers to get spinning on this news. All year they've said we should but wouldn't and now that we have there will be all sorts of conspiracy theories flying around. That or just silence

5m + resale value = 'Good Business', using a soundbite from Ashley's other spin-doctor [Mort].

Ashley has the tremendous support offered towards the lad [from the terraces, before & after the injury] to thank for this. We love our flair players, and they likewise warm to the support. An optimistic side in me hopes that the lad has fallen under the same spell.

But now for a dose of realism. It will only be a matter of time before the lad realizes this is no longer the same club [with a sizeable gap in the way of ambition] watched by the next generation of French players, when a trademark player like Ginola graced the shirt. It was the club's repute & level of ambition [with a top manager on the books which delivered Robert here [when a move to Barca was in the offering], and Wenger offered a personal reccomendation to the lad. It's a starkly different picture now. Realism, and a move away for sake of career progression & personal ambition, will eventually kick in as it did re Milner, Zoggy & Bassong, and a loyal club stalwart in Given.

At least [if there's truth to the story] Ashley hasn't attempted to stuff another club on a transfer fee, given that HBA's injury effectively vetoed the current appearance-based deal, and opened up another route of signing ie. lower fee, possible Webster move in the summer as HBA is eligible to do so come Summer.

Perhaps there's a new-found alertness [a conscience maybe] as to how we're perceived in the transfer market. This is moot though if the story turns out to be rubbish.

Edited by Year Zero

I've only seen his goal v Everton tbh, though I have read both the rave reviews and reports of his 'antics'. However, I'm guessing that if he does sign it will only be a matter of time before he finds himself very impressed with our current 'big club' manager.