Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

Newcastle United confident of luring SWP

02:30 PM 29 December, 2010

Newcastle United Football Club are said to be confident of luring Shaun Wright-Phillips.

The 29-year-old may well still be a regular on the international scene for England, but he is far from seeing his fair share of action in a Manchester City shirt.

Roberto Mancini is prepared to let the winger leave Eastlands in the New Year, and reports have linked with the player with a move to a number of clubs.

Alan Pardew, the Newcastle manager, is amongst those keen on the former Chelsea star, and he is said to be confident of beating the likes of Aston Villa and West Ham United to his signature.

Although City would prefer to offload Wright-Phillips on a permanent deal, the Magpies believe they can lure him on an initial loan deal for the rest of the season.

Once Premier League football has been secured at St James Park Pardew will be hopeful of more funds being released in the summer, when he will take the player for around £3million.

couldn't be bothered starting a new thread, nor finding the right one. If the mods/admin want to be useful, nows there chance :icon_lol:

Source?

Either way there's no chance, we can't afford his wages.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle United Football Club are said to be confident of luring Shaun Wright-Phillips.

The 29-year-old may well still be a regular on the international scene for England, but he is far from seeing his fair share of action in a Manchester City shirt.

Roberto Mancini is prepared to let the winger leave Eastlands in the New Year, and reports have linked with the player with a move to a number of clubs.

Alan Pardew, the Newcastle manager, is amongst those keen on the former Chelsea star, and he is said to be confident of beating the likes of Aston Villa and West Ham United to his signature.

Although City would prefer to offload Wright-Phillips on a permanent deal, the Magpies believe they can lure him on an initial loan deal for the rest of the season.

Once Premier League football has been secured at St James Park Pardew will be hopeful of more funds being released in the summer, when he will take the player for around £3million.

couldn't be bothered starting a new thread, nor finding the right one. If the mods/admin want to be useful, nows there chance :icon_lol:

Source?

Cardiff can't afford Bellamy's wages either. There's a chance, although we've been consistently linked with SWP over the past 3 seasons to no end.

We paid about 5 million for Jonas after arbitration - somebody fact check me if that's wrong. Getting Ben Arfa for the same price should be seen as a sign of ambition. Somehow I doubt Ashley and his cronies would fork out that kind of wedge on a permanently crocked player (and therefore one with no resale value).

Source?

a secondary link from the Beeb :icon_lol:

He's a moody bugger with a point to prove that and his mental abilities will carry him so far.

Someone said ''you can't possibly shag all of Jesmond''.

But he did.

SWP can't cross though, can he?

Barton and Enrique are our only players capable of delivering dangerous crosses consistently atm. SWP would offer more of a threat at this level than Routledge imo.

Was just thinking if he could, it might be reasonable to play four at the back, Tioté, Barton and Nolan/Gosling then SWP and Arfa as wide attackers lobbing in crosses for Carroll to attack and the other winger + Barton breaking into the box to gorge on knock downs/loose balls/deflections etc.

Barton and Enrique are our only players capable of delivering dangerous crosses consistently atm. SWP would offer more of a threat at this level than Routledge imo.

I don't think Enrique's crossing is very consistent. More often than not he puts too much purchase on the ball and they go out for a goal kick.

I don't think Enrique's crossing is very consistent. More often than not he puts too much purchase on the ball and they go out for a goal kick.

No you're right actually. I was being selective in my memory as he has occasionally whipped in some fantastic balls. I've not seen enough of Arfa to comment on his crossing, but he was markedly more creative than the rest of our squad - not difficult, granted - in his few games for us so far.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

He's a moody bugger with a point to prove that and his mental abilities will carry him so far.

Someone said ''you can't possibly shag all of Desmonds''.

But he did.

So did I :icon_lol:

Tidied that up a bit for you.

Someone said ''you can't possibly shag all of Desmonds''.

But he did.

So did I :icon_lol:

Tidied that up a bit for you.

ditto

CAUTION : Very Bitter

Apparently he's shite. Not sure what the fuss is about and apparently Wellbeck is better :icon_lol:

Just read a comment there:

"Youtube make every player look great"

Aye right, so they photoshopped the ball hitting the back of the net from 40 yards did they?

Fucking numbskull's.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

great dribbling skills on show. question is will he be allowed to do that in the premier league. de jong (unfortunately for us) did exactly what any hatchet man would be expected to do against us. switch off the creative player. when he comes back i'm hoping he's raring to go.... we will need him. big time.

I hope the Mackem claiming Welbeck is better than Ben Arfa is taking the piss because that's a fucking joke, Welbecks a decent young prospect nothing more and Man U have already told them he's not for sale so he's comparing a Manchester United player to one of ours because there's no one in their squad that comes close to Ben Arfa's talents. The nobs dismissing him because they've never heard of him are cock ends in all he's been linked with all the top clubs since a young age just his bad attitude put people off. Welbeck ffs :icon_lol:

The lad's a good player, a moody fucker but a good player none the less and he's that type of rare flair player who can just go past other players as if they weren't there something we've missed for a while. I'm very excited we're getting him permanently.