Everton 0-1 NUFC

maggiespaws

Howard, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines, Pienaar, Fellaini, Arteta, Yakubu, Cahill and Saha would all get in your team.

:)

Krul, Enrique, Coloccini, Tiote, Barton, Ben Arfa, Carroll would all get in your team.

Edited by Nobby

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines, Pienaar, Fellaini, Arteta, Yakubu, Cahill and Saha would all get in your team.

I'd rather have Enrique than Baines any day but tbh I don't think there's much to argue with there (although Saha's fitness would probably suggest Yakubu as a parter for Carroll).

Arteta and Cahill would get in most teams in the country tbf.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

There's no way on earth Baines is anywhere near as good as Enrique, Fellaini is wank, Saha been a great player in his day, him or Yakubu in front of Carroll, nar I don't think so. As for Heintinga I think he's went right down hill since he went to Everton but I'd have him at right back.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
I can only think of Ashley Cole who is significantly better than Enrique at left back, he's one of the best in the country at the moment.

He should be in the Spain team without any doubt, I don't think that's being biased neither. He's the only good legacy from the FSA reign.

His defending reminds me of Woodgate a little, in the fact that he doesn't seem to have to try he just effortllessly takes the ball off people and makes them look stupid.

That's more to do with his physical dominance than his reading of the game like Woodgate though. I bet Xisco couldn't wait to come back off loan and see Jose's chiseled physique in the locker room.

the only thing enrique needs to do differently is to stop trying to pass the ball out every time he's under pressure. he's a top player sometimes he makes the wrong decision and will play ashort p[ass that isn't on or a hospital ball across our own box when a better option would be to put his laces though it.

still, it's nice that we've got a couple of ball playing defenders these days so we can't complain too much. we're defending well as a unit too. our organisation at the back is as good as it's been for years, which must be largely down to hughton and calderwood - two former defenders - cocching the team.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
He's one of the most under rated players in the league, he got slated by the media in his first season. Hope we keep hold of him till he retires tbh, cracking player. I reckon one of the big Spanish teams might come in for him within a few years though, especially if he starts getting caps.

There's only Barca or Real he'd go to imo.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
the only thing enrique needs to do differently is to stop trying to pass the ball out every time he's under pressure. he's a top player sometimes he makes the wrong decision and will play ashort p[ass that isn't on or a hospital ball across our own box when a better option would be to put his laces though it.

still, it's nice that we've got a couple of ball playing defenders these days so we can't complain too much. we're defending well as a unit too. our organisation at the back is as good as it's been for years, which must be largely down to hughton and calderwood - two former defenders - cocching the team.

I think you're talking shite, one of the best things about the left side is how composed he is under pressure rather than just hoofing it. It's not the English way but it's his way. Can you think of a goal what you're talking about has cost us? Nope neither can I. 6 lines and nothing to say as usual.

I think you're talking shite, one of the best things about the left side is how composed he is under pressure rather than just hoofing it. It's not the English way but it's his way. Can you think of a goal what you're talking about has cost us? Nope neither can I. 6 lines and nothing to say as usual.

off the top of my head no, i can't. i've seen him play us into trouble on more than a few occasions mind.

i like the fact that he's a ball playing defender. he just needs to learn that sometimes the best option is to clear the ball.

and when it comes to talking shite, do you not think he'd go to man u or chelsea if they came in for him?

is that succinct enough for you?

Edited by Dr Gloom

Didn't he cost us a goal against ManU doing that?

Regardless, I heart Jose.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

off the top of my head no, i can't. i've seen him play us into trouble on more than a few occasions mind.

i like the fact that he's a ball playing defender. he just needs to learn that sometimes the best option is to clear the ball.

and when it comes to talking shite, do you not think he'd go to man u or chelsea if they came in for him?

is that succinct enough for you?

I was replying to ONE OF THE BIG SPANISH TEAMS coming in for him? Can you not read?

Think he was doing step overs at one point. :)

i think some people are getting a bit ahead of themselves here.

good result for you lot on saturday. first time we've been beat at home in almost a year. it was also the worst game iv seen us play in a long, long time. don't forget, this is pretty much the same team that went 24 games without defeat last season, beating man city twice, man united and chelsea along the way.

you played well, im not taking that away from you. you were helped massively by a disgraceful performance by us though.

chill the fuck out

good result for you lot on saturday. first time we've been beat at home in almost a year. it was also the worst game iv seen us play in a long, long time. don't forget, this is pretty much the same team that went 24 games without defeat last season, beating man city twice, man united and chelsea along the way.

you played well, im not taking that away from you. you were helped massively by a disgraceful performance by us though.

chill the fuck out

Point to the people who're getting ahead of themselves?

Nobody (other than CT) has said anything other than they think we'll be safe this season and to be fair on the showings so far this season I think that's reasonable, especially given the performances of teams like Wigan and West Ham.

so pipe down dipper, it's not your turn

chill the fuck out

Point to the people who're getting ahead of themselves?

Nobody (other than CT) has said anything other than they think we'll be safe this season and to be fair on the showings so far this season I think that's reasonable, especially given the performances of teams like Wigan and West Ham.

so pipe down dipper, it's not your turn

its early days. good result against us, terrible result against blackpool

i was talking more about tuco already writing teams off and suggesting they are on the decline. its quite ridiculous