Goalkeepers

Deano

Sounds like Harper will be out for 2-3 months, for all its sad i am quietly pleased that Krul is going to get his chance now.

So if Krul is going to be starting for next few months, who will be on the bench? Soderberg? Or will we recall Forster?

Whats the odds we didnt put a "call back" clause in the loan agreement!?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season long loans normally can't be recalled see Hart last season when Given got injured. Celtic probably paid a fee for him as well.

Only concern is if Krul gets an injury now but we could then always get a emergency keeper in. (Given :))

Season long loans normally can't be recalled see Hart last season when Given got injured. Celtic probably paid a fee for him as well.

Only concern is if Krul gets an injury now but we could then always get a emergency keeper in. (Given :))

I did think that.

Sods law aint it!

Im confident that Krul will be more than able though.

It's the perfect opportunity for him, let's hope he takes it....he certainly seems to be quite able to step in at short notice and do an excellent job. :)

My only concern is that he can be prone to the rash decision to be a hero, like coming for a cross he should probably leave. Rate him very highly and hope he'll iron out any impetuosity with experience.

Krul looks solid and commands his box well and in his limited appearances he hasn't conceded. Soderberg will warm the bench as we can't get Forster back from Celtic.

he conceded 3 against Huddersfield, 2 Against Peterborough and another 2 against Accrington Stanley :)

And after solderberg who is it? Jak Alnwick or your dude Ben robinson.

You keep saying stuff like this, I am sure you are a mackem wum :spinwank:

If I was a mackem wum would i not wind you up about newcastle as opposed to general life?

Anyway, when's keegan back?

:):omgwank::bloodywank: I joke, i joke :spinwank:

After given

If the Mail's to be believed you may we be right...

Newcastle plea for permission to re-sign Shay Given as Roberto Mancini says he is free to leave

Newcastle are set to ask the Premier League for permission to re-sign Shay Given in an emergency loan deal after Roberto Mancini confirmed the goalkeeper is free to leave Manchester City.

A shoulder injury to Steve Harper has ruled him out for up to three months and left Newcastle short of cover for youngster Tim Krul.

They want to bring Given back to Tyneside where he spent 12 years before joining City for £8million in February 2009.

Given revealed his frustration at losing his place to Joe Hart, saying: ‘If I’m flying around like Clark Kent all week I still won’t play on a Saturday — that can be demoralising. I wouldn’t mind where a loan was.’

Although the 34-year-old could play his first game of the season in the Carling Cup at West Bromwich on Wednesday, Mancini confirmed that he will not stand in his way.

‘If he wants to leave he can,’ said Mancini.

‘If he decided to leave he could have left a month ago. Now we must wait until January.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ester-City.html

Can't see it myself. He said too much about the ownership of this club after he left and I doubt he'll do an about turn...