How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

i'm right back in the mix after a slobbish few weeks over christmas. so far this week have done two sessions of kettlebells, one spinning and one session of circuits. going to give my well exercised arse a day off tomorrow.

Dead easy to get back into it :) I've eaten well during the week and having a rest day today but will be in the gym at 9am when it opens tomorrow. That said, I'll be having 2 Italian meals out tomorrow so I really need a good workout in beforehand. :lol:

Had a sneaky mid week weigh in this morning which showed me at a few ounces over 14.

Clothes may have been a tad lighter but looks like I'm gearing up to be 13 something by my proper weigh in on Tuesday.

That will be around 9 or 10 pounds off in a fortnight and I feel as though I've never stopped eating.

Happy bunny.

Why 2? :lol:

Had already booked a table at tea time as we had a voucher that needed using, then my Gran wanted to go out for lunch for her birthday (how dare she).

Gym session was rotten anyway, might as well not have bothered. :lol:

I've not been a member of a proper gym since I moved house last July - just using the one in my apartment block. Whilst it's very convenient, it only has resistance machines and I've missed the feeling of shutting my legs in a car door after doing squats. Joined one of those budget gyms ('The Gym'). Also started getting the train to work and running to/from train stations (about 4 miles a day - not a lot but it's more than sitting in my car) as well. Throw in teaching twice a week and training two/three times a week and it's all go here...

Couple of iPhone apps I use if anyone interested :

Full Fitness - I use this for making weight routines, tracks what I lifted each week and so on.

iMapMyRun+ - Basic GPS run tracker - tells you your run time and pace etc (though Im going to try Nike+ GPS)

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/nike-gps/id387771637?mt=8

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/imapmyrun-running-run-jogging/id291890420?mt=8

MyFitnessPal - Enter weight goals and food consumption, includes bar scanner. Tracks calories and macro nutrients and you can add exercise etc.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/calorie-counter-diet-tracker/id341232718?mt=8

Didn't do too bad over Christmas when you consider than not only did I have the usual eating like a pig, but also a new baby to deal with. Got a few runs in here and there and then last week got back into proper running. Had a really enjoyable longer run Saturday and going to get out tonight as well. Finding that I have to just time it for when the bairn gets her head down for an hour or two.

I've not been a member of a proper gym since I moved house last July - just using the one in my apartment block. Whilst it's very convenient, it only has resistance machines and I've missed the feeling of shutting my legs in a car door after doing squats. Joined one of those budget gyms ('The Gym'). Also started getting the train to work and running to/from train stations (about 4 miles a day - not a lot but it's more than sitting in my car) as well. Throw in teaching twice a week and training two/three times a week and it's all go here...

I'm thinking of taking up Jiu Jitsu, there are a few clubs I can get to, can only manage twice a week atm. What belt are you? Or are you 7th dan now?

Guest CabayeAye

Played 2 hours of rugby today. Think I defo need to lose that stone and a half of timber, am knackered! Either that or I move from full back to flanker!

i'm feeling like a right smug git sitting at my desk this afternoon after my 5th session at the gym this week. monday - kettlebells, tuesday - spinning, wednesday - boxing, thursday - circuits, friday - kettlebells.

just did a ridiculous session of doubles on the kettlebells. swings, cleans, jerks and squats with a kb in each hand. plus some deadlifts, lunges and military press using just one. i seriously can't recommend this form of exercise enough for anyone looking to burn fat while maintaining muscle mass (the holy grail). it's short intense workouts and it works a treat. i already feel noticably tighter than i did on january 1. going to go for a bodyfat measurement next week but i feel like i've dropped a percentage point or two in just three weeks of training.

i'm absolutely buzzing. it's easy to forget how good working out makes you feel. i've been eating pretty clean all week too. can't wait for my curry and wine tonight!