How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

I'd wager they had a better diet than you've had throughout your life though - less reliance on processed foods, more meat and two veg type meals.

Anyway do some exercise. End off.

Of! Not off!

:angry2:

;)

There really aren't any excuses not to find time to exercise.

Aye right, says the minted guy with the gym membership and the cleaner. Get real, there's plenty of reasons why it's hard to get the time to exercise.

You really don't have to have money to find time to keep fit and healthy

No, but you need time to exercise though, which not everyone has. And realistically, you do need money. Ridiculous to say there's no excuse not to exercise IMO.

:lol: Renton taking time out from the Times crossword to rail against the middle classes.

Help me out on 16 across?

Clue: Gemmill.

4 letters:

-u-t

;)

Edited by Renton

No, but you need time to exercise though, which not everyone has. And realistically, you do need money. Ridiculous to say there's no excuse not to exercise IMO.

Walk out the front door and run for half an hour. Very little time or money spent on that.

Of course it isn't. All you need is a healthy body and 15-20 minutes a day. Anyone can spare that time. Money for a gym membership is just a bonus.

I went for what was probably my most enjoyable run ever this morning. :D 10.77 miles, comfortable pace, a couple of podcasts to listen to. I hope that's earned me the right to slob about and watch football for the rest of the day. And eat. A lot.

Of course it isn't. All you need is a healthy body and 15-20 minutes a day. Anyone can spare that time. Money for a gym membership is just a bonus.

Well there's already one (non trivial) prerequisite there. And, for instance, if you're a single parent, what do you do?

Well there's already one (non trivial) prerequisite there. And, for instance, if you're a single parent, what do you do?

If they're in a pram or buggy you go for long walks. If they walk you go for walks/take them to a field and play football/have races on the beach/have dancing competitions in your front room/leave them with grandma or daddy for an hour while you do something active/go on the way home from work/do something while they're at school or nursery.

If they're in a pram or buggy you go for long walks. If they walk you go for walks/take them to a field and play football/have races on the beach/have dancing competitions in your front room/leave them with grandma or daddy for an hour while you do something active/go on the way home from work/do something while they're at school or nursery.

What about the kettle bells though?

I completely agree with you I think (looking after kids IS exercise), but my response was to Dan I think.

Take them for a walk. Play sport with them. Exercise when they're napping/at school/in bed etc etc.

Again, there's never really an excuse not to exercise. It basically boils down to whether you can be arsed to make time to exercise.

Keeping fit isnt all about going to the gym like and everyone should be doing something. "I havent got time" you need to add "to live" to the end of that ;) a 30min walk a few times a week at a fast pace is one of the best things you can do at a minimal. As said, if you have kids they are a brilliant source of keeping yourself (and them) healthy. They were my reason for turning a corner in my own health and now I see

being healthy as a lifestyle choice. Works for me, though I realise its not for everyone.