How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

i found that other style of fasting much much easier where you did it from 8 at night till lunch the following day

That's just basically skipping breakfast, I do that all the time!

I used the 16hr / 8hr fasting (8pm to 12noon). Might not sound like much but before I lost all my weight I wouldn't think twice about eating at 11pm, breakfast at 6am and snack at 10am so cutting all of that out made a big difference. That combined with much cleaner eating and harder training was how I done so well.

Ill prob focus on fat loss again in 6months but prob not with IF as I don't need to be as aggressive this time. Then again I don't eat after 8pm any more anyway.

Weird, this is completely contradictory to dietician advice to never miss breakfast. I'm coming more to the conclusion that it all boils down to calorie intake and calories burnt. This would explain the 5:2 diet as that would lead to a 25% reduction in calorie intake without any recourse for more complex metabolic theories. I've always suspected that going into 'starvation mode' etc was a load of bollocks like.

Edited by Renton

Jelly has always seemed suspiciously good to me, like the non-fat ice cream on Jerry Seinfeld :lol: one day someone will reveal it to be the horrifically calorific treat it really is :lol:

Giving this 8 til 12 thing a bash and I already want to nut somebody. Trying to come to terms with the fact I'm just a right greedy cunt.

Do yourself a favour and just eat healthier. You don't have to feel hungry 2 days a week then

:lol:

I did take that photo last night but as I had just exited the bath my feet looked very wrinkled and I instantly visualised them being photoshopped everywhere!

Here is the censored version :lol:

supuveqy.jpg

nice work :good:

Jelly has always seemed suspiciously good to me, like the non-fat ice cream on Jerry Seinfeld :lol: one day someone will reveal it to be the horrifically calorific treat it really is :lol:

this is how I feel about coke zero etc, very suspicious <_<

I've somehow managed to end up the fittest I've been in 8 years by NOT going to the gym

No more protein shakes, no more breaking my back on the weights for £55 pm

Just a 2 mile run 3 or 4 times a week, push ups and pull ups on a morning and cutting down on the pizzas/chocolate. I'm currently 18lbs down on what I was 6 months ago. Some of that is probably muscle loss but some of it is definitely off the waist as well

That wasn't a dig at anyone who goes to gyms btw. I've been a member at gyms for ten years. While my lifting gains were good my physique never altered that much, probably as a result of a fairly poor diet/zero cardio

That's what I've been saying to my brother who's starting the weights/shitey protein shakes.

It's pointless having muscles like thor and calling yourself fit if you can't run a 5k or whatever without being sick

You need cardio or it's pointless.

Aye I've just given notice at my gym, much happier going out running or in my bike. In terms of strength training I just stop at every third lamppost and do a human flag for 30 seconds.

Went out and did a 10k last night. The heat wasn't as bad as it's been, but it still didn't feel great. It started spitting at one point and I was hoping for the heavens to open but no luck.

Aye I've just given notice at my gym, much happier going out running or in my bike. In terms of strength training I just stop at every third lamppost and do a human flag for 30 seconds.

:lol:

I would pay good money to watch CT try to attempt that

bd52122d-2565-476e-a823-af70e95e6f50_zps

Aye there's no right or wrong, depends on what someone wants. Personally I use the gym for strength training ensuring I'm hitting everything and I do cardio there if the weather is shite or dark mornings. Otherwise I run/cycle/hill & fell walk outside. I want decent cardio fitness on top of decent aesthetics & strength etc.

As for cost, we may I think £64 a month for me and wor lass plus the bairn swims there once a week.

As for how much cardio, I do 50mins once a week with a mix of treadmill, bike, stairclimb, swim etc and then HIIT for 10mins after Ive been lifting if I have time. Odd cycle at weekends.

Aye there's no right or wrong, depends on what someone wants. Personally I use the gym for strength training ensuring I'm hitting everything and I do cardio there if the weather is shite or dark mornings. Otherwise I run/cycle/hill & fell walk outside. I want decent cardio fitness on top of decent aesthetics & strength etc.

As for cost, we may I think £64 a month for me and wor lass plus the bairn swims there once a week.

As for how much cardio, I do 50mins once a week with a mix of treadmill, bike, stairclimb, swim etc and then HIIT for 10mins after Ive been lifting if I have time. Odd cycle at weekends.

You're clearly insane.

£16 a month for my gym. I'm going around 3 times a week at the moment (2 weights, 1 cardio) and trying to run outside once a week or do a kettlebell session at home as well as generally being more active with long walks etc as the weather's canny. In the winter that'll be more like 4-5 times a week in the gym and naff all outside because I'm soft as shite.

It's not always exciting spending my time in the gym but I find it easier just to head straight there from work instead of pretending I'll go for a run when I get home, and talking myself out of it by the time I've sat on the bus for half an hour.

holy fuck £55pm for your gym? there's a few places here like that (virgin and david loydd) but they're gym/spa type places, really nice but yeah you're paying £50-70pm for it, i just use that puregym chain at £17 a month.

Aye, its the biggest Bannatynes in the North East so they charge a premium. All the local z list celebs use it.

If you see how much I run on a football pitch you would understand why it doesnt count as cardio :lol: I liked to dress it up as playing on the shoulder of the last man but in reality I was a lazy twat and didnt chase a ball if it was more than 10 yards from me. Luckily I scored a few goals to compensate for it. Bit like Ginola, without the flair.

My gym is £36 a month with a half price discount through work.

It's whatever works for you. I hate going running on my own, my least favourite form of cardio. Much prefer classes at the gym, from kettle bells to grit, boxing and spinning.

Plus they've got a way better selection of free weights than my home set up, plus squat rack, pull up and dip bars, Olympic platform, boxing ring, climbing wall, pool, spa etc etc.

Each to their own like but my gym is right next to my office and is much rather nip out for an hour during the day than pound the pavement after work. Home life's too hectic for that.

jfc, I pay 85 for my gym, but that's london.  is that fairly normal for here?  it's nothing special.

Over a grand a year? Christ, i'd buy whatever equipment I was using at the gym for that kind of money.