How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

My trainer is 46 and in better shape than most 20 year olds. Don't think age really matters.

Never been a fan of WW seeing soo many women at work on it, lose a load of weight then get even fatter than they were in the first place when they can't keep it up.

What you say about it giving you a kick start/learning things is a good point though CT. You could probably find out more looking around the net though.

Good luck.

I'd suggest binge and purge :)

Honestly, the only way I can guarantee you'll lose weight is a varied balanced diet and exercise. I do wish there was an easier way to work out what you're putting into your body... why isn't there an app where you point your phone at your plate of food and it tells you what a good lad you've been and here's a picture of a naked lass; y'know, just to inspire you.

14st 13.5 here, having been somewhere around 14st 2 to 4 in November. Part of the problem is we've got this new American boss who constantly brings sweets in. Gonna have to tell her to ram it if she starts with that again in 2011.

14st 2.5 as of this morning. Although that seems a bit light, so could be a freak low weight day, but definitely nowt like 14st 13.5 anymore.

Still going to the gym 5 days per week. Nails basically.

Edited by Gemmill

First impressions:

:) Really though? The thing is, the whole calorie counting thing isn't really necessary if you've got a vague idea about food anyway.

CT - you mentioned how you're learning about food and all that at WW, but haven't you been a member before? Didn't they teach you all this last time?

First impressions:

:) Really though? The thing is, the whole calorie counting thing isn't really necessary if you've got a vague idea about food anyway.

CT - you mentioned how you're learning about food and all that at WW, but haven't you been a member before? Didn't they teach you all this last time?

turning_goldfish.gif

:up:

First impressions:

Didnt stick it before and had the excuse of cost to give it up. Now the NHS give you 26 weeks free, that's another excuse not too, taken away.

Learnt some stuff last time will learn more this time.

It's like the biggest loser. Knowing every Monday your facing Davina on the scales means there is no hiding place and makes you think twice about that naughty snack.

:) Really though?

Got to 60 pages in before beddy-byes - interesting stuff, "plain common sense" or not, but then I've always enjoyed the nerdy/ultra-rational approach to things.

mr%20logic.jpg

Yeah there's not much to argue about with what he says. You can use the same link to sign up so you can track your daily weight, and it will do the averages for you etc.

First impressions:

Didnt stick it before and had the excuse of cost to give it up. Now the NHS give you 26 weeks free, that's another excuse not too, taken away.

It's like the biggest loser. Knowing every Monday your facing Davina on the scales means there is no hiding place and makes you think twice about that naughty snack.

But not the 4 pints of empty calories you saved your points for last night? :up:

First impressions:

But not the 4 pints of empty calories you saved your points for last night? :lol:

Just done the math...... :o

Day one on weight watchers. Points allowed 39 --- Points used 54 :up:

Had enough points for three pints, however a fourth sneaked in which also led to a drunken cheese bun for supper ;)

And its the normal pub night tonight......That treadmills going to get a good kicking this afternoon.

So true gemmill. Beer is the worst of the worst. 300 or so empty calories per pint that do nowt but go straight to the love handles because of complete lack of nutritional value.

When I was on my last serious cut, i stopped beer altogether and only drank gin and soda... How gay is that?

These days I'm less careful but still limit beer to the occasional few pints at the weekend. If I need a drink midweek it's a glass of red with dinner or a whisky nightcap - far less calorific

So true gemmill. Beer is the worst of the worst. 300 or so empty calories per pint that do nowt but go straight to the love handles because of complete lack of nutritional value.

When I was on my last serious cut, i stopped beer altogether and only drank gin and soda... How gey is that?

These days I'm less careful but still limit beer to the occasional few pints at the weekend. If I need a drink midweek it's a glass of red with dinner or a whisky nightcap - far less calorific

I'm canny lucky cos I'm just not that into drinking. I've got mates who'll consume the best part of 40 pints every week. That's one day shy of your weekly calorie intake in just beer. :) Theres no recovering from that.

One of them is in the gym every lunch. He sets the treadmill on 9.5mph and legs it for 40 minutes. And he's still basically fat.

CT, go to this link:

www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/#offline

And go to the bit where it says dowload a PDF version. I am not taking the piss, I reckon if you read that you'll want to knock WW on the head, AND weight wise you'll be better off in the short and more importantly the long term from doing so.

Had a quick look at the introductions and this does sound as though it will be right up my street. No nonsense common sense.

I'll have a proper read when Im back home.

Thanks

When I was on my last serious cut, i stopped beer altogether and only drank gin and soda... How gay is that?

I've cut down my lager intake like. I'm still young but I don't want to get into any dodgy habits with it; if I do drink, I make sure it's only about once a week and even then, I feel guilty about it.

I've seen the benefits of cutting down on cider. Used to drink loads on weekends and quite a bit during the week but I'm not so bothered these days and try to stick to vodka & diet coke when possible. I find having a good workout before going to the pub helps as it makes me think twice about what to order when I get there and I usually find I'm not bothered about alcohol as I know I'll have put in all that effort for nothing.

Will give that a read Gemmill, cheers.

When I was on my last serious cut, i stopped beer altogether and only drank gin and soda... How gey is that?

I'm canny lucky cos I'm just not that into drinking. I've got mates who'll consume the best part of 40 pints every week. That's one day shy of your weekly calorie intake in just beer. :lol: Theres no recovering from that.

One of them is in the gym every lunch. He sets the treadmill on 9.5mph and legs it for 40 minutes. And he's still basically fat.

:razz: My god, his liver must be suffering!

I drink very little thank god, just 1 small glass of Rose or Red 3 or 4 nights a week. I was wandering if Rose is as good for you as Red is supposed to be? (I doubt it somehow)