How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

CT, go to this link:

www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/#offline

And go to the bit where it says dowload a PDF version. I am not taking the piss, I reckon if you read that you'll want to knock WW on the head, AND weight wise you'll be better off in the short and more importantly the long term from doing so.

Okay so had a 10 minute power read through a few chapters tonight.

Tbh, I couldn't really see anything different to the weight watchers plan.

Too many calories going in and not burned by the body leads to weight gain, too little leads to weight loss.

Start watching what you eat, eat better foods, control portion size and life will be champion.

Throw some regular exercise in and you might even live longer as well.

Once you've reached your goal weight, keep monitoring or it will creep back on.

All pretty much common sense stuff. Is there some big bit Im missing (as I will never get round to reading a 338 page ebook online).

The weight watchers major attarction is that you are going to a meeting to get weighed. We all at times might tell ourselves a little lie or cheat ourselves on a diet or exercise regime, however when its not just you you are cheating, but also doing it publicly at a public weigh in, it makes you think a lot harder before sneaking that extra treat.

CT, go to this link:

And go to the bit where it says dowload a PDF version. I am not taking the piss, I reckon if you read that you'll want to knock WW on the head, AND weight wise you'll be better off in the short and more importantly the long term from doing so.

Too many calories going in and not burned by the body leads to weight gain, too little leads to weight loss.

Start watching what you eat, eat better foods, control portion size and life will be champion.

All pretty much common sense stuff. Is there some big bit Im missing (as I will never get round to reading a 338 page ebook online).

The weight watchers major attarction is that you are going to a meeting to get weighed. We all at times might tell ourselves a little lie or cheat ourselves on a diet or exercise regime, however when its not just you you are cheating, but also doing it publicly at a public weigh in, it makes you think a lot harder before sneaking that extra treat.

Aye, nothing worse than a room full of fat people judging you on weight.

CT, go to this link:

The problem I see with WW is the fucked up logic it breeds. "Ooooh, I'm off out on Wednesday so I'll starve myself today so I can have a pile of Pâté, a steak and cheese pie, a slab of chocolate gateaux and a wheel of cheese with biscuits, plus ten beers and a waffer theeeen meeent"

Seems it's the same as it ever was; better, more balanced diet and exercise. Weight loss and body tone, Done.

Edited by The Fish

CT, go to this link:

No offence like CT, but you've basically admitted that you can't be bothered to read the book so I'm afraid I can't be bothered to type out what you can't be bothered to read. ;)

If you'd continued reading the book, you'd understand that losing 7 pounds in one week is basically impossible. The fact that you genuinely believe you've lost 7 pounds basically shows that you don't understand weight loss (if you read the book you would). You'd have to have had a massive calorie deficit over the last week (if you read the book, you'd know exactly how much :blush: ), and the only way you could have done that is by eating a hugely restricted diet and put in a phenomenal amount of exercise - you admit yourself you've been on the treadmill once in the last week.

The reason you've "lost" 7 pounds is cos you played the Weightwatchers game. You admitted yourself that before your first weigh-in, you stuffed your face so that you could achieve greater losses in future weeks. :lol: Then I would imagine on the day of your latest weigh in you basically ate next to fuck all, drank next to nothing so you were suitably dehydrated, you've told us that this was the one day you went on the treadmill, and so you've ended up registering a Biggest Loser-esque "weight loss". It wouldn't surprise me if you wore a thick wooly jumper and cords last week, and shorts and t-shirt this. :lol:

It's this Weightwatchers game that is the difference between what you're doing and what that book would have you doing - if you'd read on in the book, it teaches you a way of knowing your actual weight by removing the "noise" created by being dehydrated/not dehydrated, having had a big meal the night before weighing yourself etc. Once you know this actual weight, you can work out what your calorie surplus/deficit is without even having to count calories. Then you can just tweak your intake as you see your deficit shrinking, or a surplus turning up. All of this is done for you, for free, by just entering your daily weight on the website. And don't respond with the "OMG WW says not to weigh yourself daily!" cos the point is that by weighing yourself daily you can work out a rolling average which is your "true weight". WW don't want you weighing yourself daily cos it's not in their interests - if you did you'd discover that you're actually taking the piss out of yourself by playing this daft game.

You're basically doing what boxers do between fights - starving yourself immediately before weigh-ins so that you can "make the weight" in front of a room full of people. Which is unsustainable. We've all seen what happens to Ricky Hatton when he doesn't need to get on scales in front of a room full of people. ;)

Do yourself a favour and read the book. Then stop playing silly weekly weigh-in games. :o

the weight watchers diet isn't built on sensible nutrition and excercise. it's basically, eat lots of crap as long as you maintain a calorie deficit. that is not sustainable.

and by the way, losing 7 pounds in a week is not a good idea. it isn't healthy, nor is it sustainable.

CT, and i say the following with the utmost level of sincerity. If you're dead set serious about shedding pounds [which i don't doubt] the best thing you could do is consider a change in profession.

Taxi drivers [with the periods of physical inactivity over a shift, and eating fast food on the go] are almost predisposed to being overweight. It's a hazard that comes with the job.

Mind you, i'm fortunate that i'm a tradie, an average working week helps keep me fit & i get paid for it.

Edited by Year Zero

CT, and i say the following with the utmost level of sincerity. If you're dead set serious about shedding pounds [which i don't doubt] the best thing you could do is consider a change in profession.

Taxi drivers [with the periods of physical inactivity over a shift, and eating fast food on the go] are almost predisposed to being overweight. It's a hazard that comes with the job.

Mind you, i'm fortunate that i'm a tradie, an average working week helps keep me fit & i get paid for it.

Qu'est-ce que c'est? :lol:

CT, go to this link:

The problem I see with WW is the fucked up logic it breeds. "Ooooh, I'm off out on Wednesday so I'll starve myself today so I can have a pile of Pâté, a steak and cheese pie, a slab of chocolate gateaux and a wheel of cheese with biscuits, plus ten beers and a waffer theeeen meeent"

Seems it's the same as it ever was; better, more balanced diet and exercise. Weight loss and body tone, Done.

Not at all. :lol: The logic is all about encouraging a change from a bad diet to a balanced healthy diet and encouraging exercise.

A brief description here if you want to view.

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/i...mp;art_ID=50951

To a degree you are right in what you say, the same old truth is the same old truth. But different people learn and get motivated in different ways. Like learning a language, some might go to night school, some might buy a book, others might buy an audio tape.

CT, as long as we get a Weight Watchers slimmer of the year photo posted up here of you holding your size 46" elasticated jeans with a triumphalist smile on your face, you can diet however you fucking want. Hat optional.

CT, go to this link:

No offence like CT, but you've basically admitted that you can't be bothered to read the book so I'm afraid I can't be bothered to type out what you can't be bothered to read. ;)

If you'd continued reading the book, you'd understand that losing 7 pounds in one week is basically impossible. The fact that you genuinely believe you've lost 7 pounds basically shows that you don't understand weight loss (if you read the book you would). You'd have to have had a massive calorie deficit over the last week (if you read the book, you'd know exactly how much :D ), and the only way you could have done that is by eating a hugely restricted diet and put in a phenomenal amount of exercise - you admit yourself you've been on the treadmill once in the last week.

The reason you've "lost" 7 pounds is cos you played the Weightwatchers game. You admitted yourself that before your first weigh-in, you stuffed your face so that you could achieve greater losses in future weeks. :lol: Then I would imagine on the day of your latest weigh in you basically ate next to fuck all, drank next to nothing so you were suitably dehydrated, you've told us that this was the one day you went on the treadmill, and so you've ended up registering a Biggest Loser-esque "weight loss". It wouldn't surprise me if you wore a thick wooly jumper and cords last week, and shorts and t-shirt this. :o

It's this Weightwatchers game that is the difference between what you're doing and what that book would have you doing - if you'd read on in the book, it teaches you a way of knowing your actual weight by removing the "noise" created by being dehydrated/not dehydrated, having had a big meal the night before weighing yourself etc. Once you know this actual weight, you can work out what your calorie surplus/deficit is without even having to count calories. Then you can just tweak your intake as you see your deficit shrinking, or a surplus turning up. All of this is done for you, for free, by just entering your daily weight on the website. And don't respond with the "OMG WW says not to weigh yourself daily!" cos the point is that by weighing yourself daily you can work out a rolling average which is your "true weight". WW don't want you weighing yourself daily cos it's not in their interests - if you did you'd discover that you're actually taking the piss out of yourself by playing this daft game.

You're basically doing what boxers do between fights - starving yourself immediately before weigh-ins so that you can "make the weight" in front of a room full of people. Which is unsustainable. We've all seen what happens to Ricky Hatton when he doesn't need to get on scales in front of a room full of people. :angry:

Do yourself a favour and read the book. Then stop playing silly weekly weigh-in games. ;)

:icon_lol: Not sure what to make of this post :lol: Its almost an "Oh Dear" . (As it was 7.07am I'll put it down to early morning grump).

Its not just a cant be bothered, but surely you'll agree a 338 page ebook on a lap top is some serious reading, hence the skip through and double hence not seeing much new or different other than tracking everything daily. If thats the big thing then its simply not for me. Not saying its not right for you, but too much detail for me.

Regards your 7 pounds moan what can I say :icon_lol: last week the scales said 14-7 this week 14-0. I put that down to totally giving up shit, eating lots of healthy fruit and veg and fish etc and trying to drink a bit more water and less alcohol????? Im sure you always get a first week "kick" so Im not expecting the same next week.

Re the treadmill, your own guru says in his chapter on exercise that you shouldnt do it too lose weight as its impossible on his plan.

Ate just the same on weigh in day with a bowl of alpen for breakfast, Smoked haddock salad for dinner, some fruit in the afternoon and absolutely gallons of water to help me recover from the treadmill. No wooly jumper. :blush:

Your author is a computer geek hence his chosen method involves computers. For me its much simpler. As Fish has pointed out, a lot of it is common sense and I am quite confident that if I continue to eat a balanced healthy diet I will lose the weight put on since packing the fags in 3 or 4 years ago.

The WW weigh in is my little conscience on my shoulder just saying "ahem" when temptation sets in.

Hope you've cheered up anyway. (The stress of daily weigh ins is obviously getting to you) :icon_lol:

the weight watchers diet isn't built on sensible nutrition and excercise. it's basically, eat lots of crap as long as you maintain a calorie deficit. that is not sustainable.

and by the way, losing 7 pounds in a week is not a good idea. it isn't healthy, nor is it sustainable.

A silly statement from someone who doesnt come across as particularly silly. Suggest you look at the link I posted for Fish.

With regard to whether seven pounds is healthy or not what can I say. All I have done is go from eating shit and skipping a few meals to eating regulalry during the day and eating more fish fruit and vegetables and less kebabs and mcdonalds.

I think its a pretty well known fact that your body retains a lot of water and if you suddenly increase your uptake of water to a more healthy level, your body then releases the retained water giving a higher weight loss than normal.

Anyway, Im happy and feeling pretty damn good. :lol:

:lol: Easier said than done.

My best mates a sparky and can eat all kinds of shit and drink what he likes and never changes weight. (The bastard). :lol:

The job definitely doesnt help, but you find me another job where you can work when you feel like it, stop in bed if you fancy a lie in, go to work for an hour and then think naaaa not today......etc etc and I'll consider it. :o

Qu'est-ce que c'est? :lol:

I assume he means like a plumber, bricky, sparky etc.......On the go.

CT, as long as we get a Weight Watchers slimmer of the year photo posted up here of you holding your size 46" elasticated jeans with a triumphalist smile on your face, you can diet however you fucking want. Hat optional.

This will have to do for now. Notice the big silver 7, thats a shiny sticker you get for your first seven pounds accompanied by the gay meeting leader squeeling "well done you" in the campest voice you've ever heard :lol: :lol:

001xwr.jpg