How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

• 2 weeks later...

New major European study out today says that waist to height ration (whr) is now a better indicator of fat related illnesses and life expectancy than BMI or simply waist measurement alone.

Nobody's WHR should be over 50%

So if your 6th high your waist should be no more than 36

An WHR of 70% can reduce your life expectancy by 25%

Nice are deciding whether to roll out the new guidelines.

so at 6'1 i can be 36" waist but at nearly half a foot shorter you can be spot on at 34"? seems a bit off like.

I'm only 5'4" !! :lol: I don't think I've ever had a 27" waist - even as a child :razz:

Try again, maths spaz. :razz:

shes hungover :D but in that hangover state where she thinks she's alright " it's a beautiful day, the birds are swaying the trees are singing, might go for a walk"

Shut up, you two :lol: I'm not hungover, my eyes are just tired... :razz::lol:

• 1 month later...

i'm bulking up at the moment. been eating about 3500k calories a day, lifting heavy weights and only doing high intensity intervals and boxing as cardio. putting on a a nice amount of muscle - the downside is i'm gaining an impressive girth around the waist. up to just shy of 15 stone after six weeks of training and eating like a beast.

the bulking phase of training is far more fun than the fat cutting. i'm burning so many calories i'm eating like a trooper. had two lunches the other day within the space of about an hour.

Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-simpsons-7414427-320-240.gif

I had my body fat tested by my trainer the other day, was rather happy at 10.3%.

That's Impressive. Pretty hard to maintain at that level I find, unless you're blessed in the genetics department - I'm not.

I must be up at about 15-16% at the moment. Love handles are back but I'm feeling fit.

• 1 month later...

In light of Fan Cam a trip to the scales was needed.

14 - 0 (Wearing a watch and with a few pound coins in my pocket so probably 13 something)

Is your watch made of lead like? :lol:

Just started a 8/16 fasting diet. Basically eat good protein, complex fibrous carbs and fats only between 12noon and 8pm. Out with milk from coffee etc as well. Gym 3-4 days a week as norm. Try for a few months and review.

google periodic fasting, plenty of benefits. Think about how cavemen and paleolithic humans ate, its how we were engineered to eat.

Modern society has us binging 24/7. Not necessarily optimal for intestines and digestive systems etc etc...

The logic in the fasting diet is that it's how early humans would eat which encourages the body to store energy in a 'better' way. Something to do with storing the energy in muscle rather than fat which happens when you eat too frequently. If you fast regularly the body thinks it needs to store energy differently than when it gets 3 meals a day. Combining it with low carb is meant to be good for weight loss and muscle development. I think J is right but if you have let yourself go a bit, it's meant to be an efficient way to get back into shape.