LeazesMag

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never Mind.

Anybody like it ?

Aye, the one good album they did.

That would be In Utero. Unless the MTV Unplugged set counts, obviously.

You both should be shot with shit! :dunno:

Bleach is the equal of Nevermind, possibly even better considering the lack of money spent on it.

Leaze, stop pissing around and go buy Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger, Sonic Youth's Goo and Dinosaur Jr's Ear Bleed Country (it's a best of but the best starting point with J Masics).

Edited by sammynb

In Utero is gash compared to Bleach and Nevermind like. Bleach in particular is underrated imo

Like Mr NB says it cost about $500 to record as well. I quite liked the Incesticide compilation as well. I could never get away with In Utero either.

Makes me think of when I was 11 or 12 and living in Hong Kong............what a great time. Anyhow, In Utero is really good, but Nevermind is more accessible and rounded in my opinion. Haven't listened to Bleach that much. And I remember when I found out Kurt topped himself-one of my older sisters told me when I was playing Sensible Soccer on the Mega Drive in my bedroom. Even though I was 12 or 13, I had a 'well that's not a surprise is it?' feeling.

Faith No More were the bollocks though. Angel Dust is a fucking belter.

Difficult to chose between Bleach and Nevermind....both fantastic for different reasons.

Was lucky to see them at the long gone Calton Studios in Edinburgh in 91.....500 capacity venue for a band that had had "smells like teen spirit" played every 10 minutes on MTV for the previous 3 months....there was a near riot outside, fuckin dangerous getting in. Then saw them at Reading in 92, just as good :dunno:

Difficult to chose between Bleach and Nevermind....both fantastic for different reasons.

Was lucky to see them at the long gone Calton Studios in Edinburgh in 91.....500 capacity venue for a band that had had "smells like teen spirit" played every 10 minutes on MTV for the previous 3 months....there was a near riot outside, fuckin dangerous getting in. Then saw them at Reading in 92, just as good :dunno:

Fucking hell. The closest I came to that situation was seeing Coldplay at Esquires in Bedford before they released any singles. About 9 people turned up in a 200-300 or so capacity place, and it was as dull as a funeral for a European Scrabble Championship runner up. More people turned up for fucking Toploader, and they were super-wank.

Never Mind.

Anybody like it ?

Aye, the one good album they did.

That would be In Utero. Unless the MTV Unplugged set counts, obviously.

You both should be shot with shit! :dunno:

Bleach is the equal of Nevermind, possibly even better considering the lack of money spent on it.

Leaze, stop pissing around and go buy Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger, Sonic Youth's Goo and Dinosaur Jr's Ear Bleed Country (it's a best of but the best starting point with J Masics).

this