Taylor new deal.

Park Life

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd keep him. He seems to have stuttered in progression in the last year or so. I dont like hwo easy he goes to ground (not as bad as smith like) and seems to give away too many fouls. But, is he any better or worse than Williamson? I thought the latter started this season very well but I've not been that impressed with him in his last few games. I usually look at what it would cost to replace the player when deciding if they should go. In this case, Id say get him signed up and hopefully he can develop (too late?) or iron the worse parts of his game out. As this next game shows, we need four decent centre halves. I'd still give him a punt at RB as well and think he offers more than Perch.

I reckon Williamson showed he was at least as good last season (and Williamson isn't great). I know I've said this before but the only time he's looked PL class to me was his spell post-Xmas at RB two seasons ago. Agree with JawD's comments on Perch. Incidentally, he was already out injured prior to the Carroll incident ;)

Defintely keep. Its a shame how a lot have turned against him in recent times especially as he was quite of ten one of the ones who did give a shit.

Also put in quite a few decent displays at right back so worth keeping for that alone.

I don't think anyone's turned against him recently tbh. He's very devisive though but some seem to have always rated him whereas a lot never seem to have.

I think its possible he could develop into a decent player. if he came back and stepped up the way the other members of the back four seem to have done (Simpson not Perch obv) then I think he would definitely be of value to the squad.

I don't hate him as much as Alex, but I do think Alex has him nailed. A better full back than centre half, bigger on the gob than the talent, and a bit of a coward.

Having said that though I do think he has a bit of potential, and I think he might have the desire to make it. It's possilble he has already been taken down a peg or two by Carrol, and the clubs response to the jaw breaking. And maybe now he is obviously not the local hero anymore it might focus his mind.

Actually a thought that has just occurred to me, and this supports Alex's belief that he is a coward. He might not have the guts to leave Newcastle. I was pretty surprised when he didn't leave after he got belted. maybe he hasn't got the nerve

I think its possible he could develop into a decent player. if he came back and stepped up the way the other members of the back four seem to have done (Simpson not Perch obv) then I think he would definitely be of value to the squad.

I don't hate him as much as Alex, but I do think Alex has him nailed. A better full back than centre half, bigger on the gob than the talent, and a bit of a coward.

Having said that though I do think he has a bit of potential, and I think he might have the desire to make it. It's possilble he has already been taken down a peg or two by Carrol, and the clubs response to the jaw breaking. And maybe now he is obviously not the local hero anymore it might focus his mind.

Actually a thought that has just occurred to me, and this supports Alex's belief that he is a coward. He might not have the guts to leave Newcastle. I was pretty surprised when he didn't leave after he got belted. maybe he hasn't got the nerve

Great post Spongebob. Even if you dont fully rate him you humanize players. (sounds pansy, granted)

I personally think he has the tools to succeed. Players like Jagielka didnt hit the big time until well after 24. People dont realise this. I thought Milner was good as well (not 20mil good..but a very good PL)

Edited by Holden McGroin

Resign him regardless of whether we're going to keep him or not.

If he wants to stay and fight for his position then cudos to him, if not at least this way the club will get the fee he is worth opposed to the 'undisclosed fee' he'd be worth as his arse is already halfway out the door.

Double deals done soon

It's reported that both Mike Williamson and Nile Ranger have now verbally agreed extensions to their current contracts at United. Formal confirmation of both is expected soon.

However there's no update as yet on the contractual situation involving Steven Taylor - whose current deal runs out in the summer of 2011.

Whatever your attitude to him he has the perfect chance now to come into the side and show us what he is capable of. Consecutive matches alongside Sol Campbell (assuming Sol stays fit for the entire time) is something he probably should have been getting 3 or so seasons back, but it's better late than never hey! ;)