Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ashley was never going to cede control to Pardew when it came to signing players and it is believed a conversation which suggested no transfer funds would be forthcoming this January - unless of course midfielder Moussa Sissoko was sold - was part of the process that led up to this move.

Not at all shocking from Ashley, but still puzzled as to why Pardew would want the move to a relegation fight.

More money, more control, more love, less expectation, less abuse.

He won't have even considered relegation as a possibility. The man is absolutely sure that he's good enough to save them. Self-confidence has never been a problem for Alan Pardew.

I have a small notion watching Pardew relegating Crystal Palace, after their board backed him with a neat January transfer budget, will be more entertaining than watching our rest of the season. Especially if Carver is still in charge.

Edited by TheGoslingBeast

Knowing our luck, the fact the Palace board will probably back him in the market given the timing of this, the fact Ashley wont, and we'll have Carver in charge till the summer; at the moment its not completely inconceivable that they'll finish above us :whistling:

Knowing our luck, the fact the Palace board will probably back him in the market given the timing of this, the fact Ashley wont, and we'll have Carver in charge till the summer; at the moment its not completely inconceivable that they'll finish above us :whistling:

I am fairly confident that if they give him money to spend he will spunk it on shit. They haven't got time to wait 3 years for his signings to have a decent run of form.

Aye if Carver's in charge till the summer then I wouldnt want him backed in this window, we'd struggle regardless.

Of course, Ashley could go for a decent manager now, back him in the market so that he can use the remainder of the season to build his team for next season. But thats the more ambitious, risky and exciting option so it'll never happen. Thats what I was getting at.

The reason he decided to leave was because he knew we planned to sell Sissoko and spend a quarter of the money on someone who may or may not be a similar player. Final straw basically.

Don't get me wrong, an happy he is going and would have gladly seen him sacked after the start of the season. Not a moment of hope or a reason to celebrate though, that would be pathetically naive.

We can at least hope the new guy isn't a total prick though. So I'm celebrating for the time being.

I don't think player transfers got to him. It was probably the constant criticism from us and the fact he'll get more money and respect at palace. Until they get relegated that is.

The reason he decided to leave was because he knew we planned to sell Sissoko and spend a quarter of the money on someone who may or may not be a similar player. Final straw basically.

Don't get me wrong, an happy he is going and would have gladly seen him sacked after the start of the season. Not a moment of hope or a reason to celebrate though, that would be pathetically naive.

I don't believe this is the case for 1 second.

He's been happy eating shit for 4 years. Cabaye sold without a single signing in all of 13/14 was worse than the loss of Sissoko having just spent £30m.

The major factors here are solely:

1. another club came in for him.

2. the other club offered him far more wages

3. the other club offered him a far better severance package in his contract

4. He has been utterly shit at Newcastle for 3 years and knows from experience at other clubs that once the fans are convinced of his limitations, he's fucked and best find another club to sell his snake oil.

Sissoko potentially leaving, no. Pay rise, London, old club, feeling appreciated and wanted, expectations matching his mediocre state of managing a football club, yes. In addition Ashley saw the money coming in, and pushed him the unnecessary step further when already well on his way out of the club.

Palace need about 8 wins from 17 games. From the beginning of last December till October this year we won 6 from 30 under Pardew with a hugely more talented squad. Good luck Palace, you'll need it :good:

He inherits a squad far more suited to his brand of football. That plus the momentum a new manager brings will probably see them through this season. It's the long term they should worry about.

Janmaat seemingly hates Pardew. Good.

I don't believe this is the case for 1 second.

He's been happy eating shit for 4 years. Cabaye sold without a single signing in all of 13/14 was worse than the loss of Sissoko having just spent £30m.

The major factors here are solely:

1. another club came in for him.

2. the other club offered him far more wages

3. the other club offered him a far better severance package in his contract

4. He has been utterly shit at Newcastle for 3 years and knows from experience at other clubs that once the fans are convinced of his limitations, he's fucked and best find another club to sell his snake oil.

You have it points 1 to 4 but only made 2, one of which is simple (money) which is true for any job change and the second one contrives some sort of point about him knowing he is a charlatan or something.

Sissoko is going and he won't be replaced. I reckon he has had enough.