Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as he and Mike despise it. I also saw on the BBC that we were "in the hunt for the dubious prize of a Europa League place."

I don't consider it a dubious prize at all. I would love us to compete in it every year and think winning it is not beyond us (or any decent PL side like us) with the proper investment and ambition. You only had to see how well our second team did in it last time round to know if we qualify we're in with a shout of making the quarterfinals or beyond.

To be fair more clubs should speak out about the disparity between risk and reward in the Europa and try to force a change in the format.

:lol: Platini has just decided that France will compete in the qualifying stages of Euro 2016 (!) whilst expanding the actual finals so that vast swathes of the matches in qualifying and in the competition are rendered meaningless filler.

Disparity between risk and reward is the direction of travel for UEFA.

“I can’t argue where we are in the table. Eighth. That’s probably top of the league for us. We've got to try and maintain that position in the second half, that’s what we intend to do.”

Oh shut up man.

:lol: What a fucking shambles, we all pretty much realize this is the case after recent windows but to come out and say it just kills even the slightest hope that they have a little more ambition.

The disparity in the league is shocking. All we can hope for, if we want to sustain a higher position, is someone as rich as the Man City owners to buy Ashley out.

Still seems to be rumours that Pardew is off to West Ham once Allardyce gets the boot, so we could end up with Joe Kinnear taking on extra responsibilities.

In fairness that isn't the full quote, he did go on to say that 8th is our average PL finish and he wanted to improve on that.

At the same time he knows the squad will never be strengthened enough to cope with playing in Europe and still hold a decent position in the league. In that way 8th really is top of the league for us.

A have defended him loads and in other derbies, I've thought he was unlucky, especially the last one. That today was horrendous tactically, got everything wrong. The only mitigating factor I can think of is that a new system of playing has been imposed on him by selling the player the old system was built around. As he didn't get a replacement he had to change the way we played. Got it massively wrong.

When plan A doesn't work he's fucked. I wouldn't have the same sympathy for Pardew if he got the bullet tonight as I did for Hughton as I think Pardew's been more than happy to dance with the devil. Fuck him to be honest.

Agreed HMHM, and now that Cabaye is gone plan A is hoofball basically. He should surely be able to come up with a better approach then just opting for long balls, teams with far lesser players than us don't do that.