The Twitter Thread

peasepud

Stevie your crack on twitter is shite like

Maybe I should learn to be more like you pmsl. I'm often commended for being the best crack on peoples timelines so I'm not crucified by your remark to be honest :lol:

Agreed.

IF (and it's a gigantic XXXL sized IF) we were to build our squad up over the next couple of years from a position of smart spending and not just flashing the chequebook and end up winning something, there's not a fan in the country who could begrudge it.

As exciting as it must be to be a Man City fan at the moment, the whole world hates them and deep down, they know they'd feel the same way if it wasn't them.

What's #ff? Seem to be getting mentioned in a lot of posts. Also, who's scarlet?

#FF is the Friday Followers hashtag. It's where you recommend who to follow on Twitter... and as the name suggests, it's only done on a Friday.

Rob Lee has joined twitter apparently....

@RobertLeeReal

Is it definitely him? I'll add him.

That Toontastic1892 is a total tool CT, all of those ITK's are, the only one you should take ANY notice of is Caulkin.

Rob Lee has joined twitter apparently....

@RobertLeeReal

Is it definitely him? I'll add him.

That Toontastic1892 is a total tool CT, all of those ITK's are, the only one you should take ANY notice of is Caulkin.

I know, but even the Journos are struggling to be first with the news these days, even via twitter.

Its just a case of who spots the news on twitter first and relays it and these "itk's" are usually watching a lot more twitter news sources than me.

Again you're totally missing the point the rest of us are trying to make - it's not about be first with the news, it's about being correct with the news!

Again you're totally missing the point the rest of us are trying to make - it's not about be first with the news, it's about being correct with the news!

No, you are missing the point. Part of the fun of close season / transfer time is the gossip, the rumour mill, the what ifs. Might not be for you, but it certainly is for a lot of us and twitter is just as unreliable as all the same gossip in the Sun, mail, express etc etc.

Thats one side of the fun of transfer time.

The other side is that any genuine transfer news will most likely break on twitter first. Therefore getting hold of the correct news means watching twitter.

It seems very simple to me that the likes of you who dont want to get involved in the possible transfers, simply avoid commenting on loose news that is posted from Twitter and wait instead until the club confirm it.

Simples.

I think more of us are concerned about those who were are going to be (or stand a chance of) signing rather than the pie in the sky shite that some bellend has thought up. Where's the fun in that? It's like playing a video game with all the cheat codes enabled - totally unrealistic.

You've finally got something right - genuine transfer news WILL appear on twitter first. But it'll be the likes of Caulkin, Bird, Winter, etc. who'll break it - not some doilum who's fucking guessing.

Watching twitter is not your problem, it's the fucking idiots you're following man! Suggest Toontastic_1892 will be just as accurate as the one you're following :o