The Twitter Thread

peasepud

The problem is CT, even when someone on twitter is proven to be full of shit (Cwarr07 or whatever he is called for example) you still quote their tweets with something like 'well you never know'.. :gettin:

The best place for Newcastle news is checking foreign google from what I have seen, there's a lad who posts on another forum that just has a check of french google (or something like that) and he finds out these stories before the English press as he did with Cabaye.

Twitter will obviously have the odd person doing similar, they aren't ITK and normally don't act as so. The problem with Twitter is for every one of these tweeters (?) there are 10 dickheads making stuff up, people like Warris tend to go with stories that have been reported in the press for weeks/months but add "Done deal" to it, then backpeddle or just ignore when it turns out it isn't a "done deal". Apparently he blocks anyway who questions him too :o

Would much rather go with the journalists even if they do get beaten by the avid foreign press reader at times.

Douglas was the one who brokes the Marveaux story, funnily enough Warris and nufc1892 (or whatever he is called) didn't know a thing about it, could be something to do with it not being recently reported in the press that we weren't interested.

It's been quiet on here lately due to the majority of the regular posters not bothering their hole posting anywhere near as much in the football section of the forums, because it's been overrun with spastics and rumours and no one can be arsed debating pointless threads with them, it's bad enough during the season let alone off-season.

Basically this is how they go

Thread started: Player X On his way??

Poster: Ooooo looks like we're linked with PlayerX

Poster2: SpasticITK on twitter says he's signing tonight!!

Poster: ZOMG Really this is brilliant, i mean i've never heard of him and his career stats are a bit shit but i bet he's like Tiote!

Poster3: Oh Hai gaiz we're linked with ChampionsLeaguePlayer.Y!! our squads going be awesome

Poster4: You're all cunts

Poster5: I wish these spastics would leave

Poster6: I miss Shepherd

Poster7: ChampionsLeaguePlayer.Y on pay as you play maybe??

Poster5: Wise up

Poster: hey hey look at me, stop paying attention to other people *waves arms frantically* i have a garden you bastards!

Poster6: I still miss Shepherd

Poster8-from-Krakow: I have created a poll on whether Essien is better than Tiote.

(i'm bored now but you get the gist)

But depressingly accurate. Though you forgot

Poster 9: He's mint on Fifa11/FM get him in now!!!111

The problem is CT, even when someone on twitter is proven to be full of shit (Cwarr07 or whatever he is called for example) you still quote their tweets with something like 'well you never know'.. :gettin:

The best place for Newcastle news is checking foreign google from what I have seen, there's a lad who posts on another forum that just has a check of french google (or something like that) and he finds out these stories before the English press as he did with Cabaye.

Twitter will obviously have the odd person doing similar, they aren't ITK and normally don't act as so. The problem with Twitter is for every one of these tweeters (?) there are 10 dickheads making stuff up, people like Warris tend to go with stories that have been reported in the press for weeks/months but add "Done deal" to it, then backpeddle or just ignore when it turns out it isn't a "done deal". Apparently he blocks anyway who questions him too :o

Would much rather go with the journalists even if they do get beaten by the avid foreign press reader at times.

Douglas was the one who brokes the Marveaux story, funnily enough Warris and nufc1892 (or whatever he is called) didn't know a thing about it, could be something to do with it not being recently reported in the press that we weren't interested.

I fully understand if you or others dont want to get involved in gossip about possible incomings. Thats fair enough and you can avoid the papers, talk sport etc etc and ignore the odd post or two on the internet but basically in close season I dont think its a big deal and imo has always been part of the fun of close season.

We might get this one, we've been linked with that one..... etc etc

And yes Douglas broke the Marveaux transfer (I think) but Cabaye was broken on Twitter and Nolan to West Ham was broken on Toontastic!

It's been quiet on here lately due to the majority of the regular posters not bothering their hole posting anywhere near as much in the football section of the forums, because it's been overrun with spastics and rumours and no one can be arsed debating pointless threads with them, it's bad enough during the season let alone off-season.

Poster: ZOMG Really this is brilliant, i mean i've never heard of him and his career stats are a bit shit but i bet he's like Tiote!

Poster3: Oh Hai gaiz we're linked with ChampionsLeaguePlayer.Y!! our squads going be awesome

Poster: hey hey look at me, stop paying attention to other people *waves arms frantically* i have a garden you bastards!

Poster8-from-Krakow: I have created a poll on whether Essien is better than Tiote.

In the close season the single thing football fans discuss most is transfers either done deals or rumours. One or two things from so called ITK's may come off but I would say a majority ain't got a clue. Most names linked to NUFC will get debated on here as will where we need to strengthen and who should/shouldn't be sold. It would be pretty quiet on here without the twitter and transfer threads tho.

If you can think of anything that would spark a good discussion then stick it up

In the close season the single thing football fans discuss most is transfers either done deals or rumours. One or two things from so called ITK's may come off but I would say a majority ain't got a clue. Most names linked to NUFC will get debated on here as will where we need to strengthen and who should/shouldn't be sold. It would be pretty quiet on here without the twitter and transfer threads tho.

If you can think of anything that would spark a good discussion then stick it up

PM from Smooth Operator on its way....

The problem is CT, even when someone on twitter is proven to be full of shit (Cwarr07 or whatever he is called for example) you still quote their tweets with something like 'well you never know'.. :crylaughin:

Twitter will obviously have the odd person doing similar, they aren't ITK and normally don't act as so. The problem with Twitter is for every one of these tweeters (?) there are 10 dickheads making stuff up, people like Warris tend to go with stories that have been reported in the press for weeks/months but add "Done deal" to it, then backpeddle or just ignore when it turns out it isn't a "done deal". Apparently he blocks anyway who questions him too :gettin:

I fully understand if you or others dont want to get involved in gossip about possible incomings. Thats fair enough and you can avoid the papers, talk sport etc etc and ignore the odd post or two on the internet but basically in close season I dont think its a big deal and imo has always been part of the fun of close season.

We might get this one, we've been linked with that one..... etc etc

And yes Douglas broke the Marveaux transfer (I think) but Cabaye was broken on Twitter and Nolan to West Ham was broken on Toontastic!

I saw the Cabaye thing on a forum before it was on twitter (probably came from said forum but no doubt an 'ITK' was claiming it as their own). The story came from the French press and I had a little dig at Douglas about it when he was building up their big story for the next day :crylaughin:

I think I remember the Nolan one being on here...

I never said anything about avoiding papers etc.. just ignoring the idiots on twitter, ESPECIALLY the ones like Warris who surely must have lost any sort of credibility when he photoshopped the Tiote picture but it seems some are so desperate for any shit to be true they will continue to follow the likes of him no matter what he does. He could honestly just hold his hands up and say "Yeah I am a mackem and I have been making it all up to piss you mags off" and people would still post his next NUFC related tweet saying "Well you never know.." :o

There was an idea being mooted last night that we should have our own version of the Weakest Link. The idea was that the mods choose 3 people every month, and have valid reasons for it, they choose the three biggest mugs of the month. The 3 biggest mugs then face an open poll for the whole board to vote on, with the loser being banned for a month. It's because the old posters from 5/6 years ago have left or are leaving. Thoughts?

I literally think people have got to be banned from posting stuff from Twitter. Its baseless shite that's ruining the board. It's.not exciting, it's tedious and when you've got people like Craig who know their football more than most, thinking about leaving because people are posting fantasy football ramblings and acting like excited 14 year olds, it's time to change something.

Lord of the flies ring any bells?..

And the internet is supposed to be about freedom of expression...not who the cool kids think is ok. It is a bit like schoolyard bullying at times tbh.

Aye but people are leaving the school because certain pupils stink of BO and piss, and won't get a wash, kids who have been in the school 10 years.

How about we just have one transfer rumours thread that covers twitter, tabloids, inter webs etc. If people post rumours in other threads then the mods delete them. If you find the rumours tiresome you can just avoid that thread.

There was an idea being mooted last night that we should have our own version of the Weakest Link. The idea was that the mods choose 3 people every month, and have valid reasons for it, they choose the three biggest mugs of the month. The 3 biggest mugs then face an open poll for the whole board to vote on, with the loser being banned for a month. It's because the old posters from 5/6 years ago have left or are leaving. Thoughts?

Why not?

Trial it over summer

sorry but i entirley disagree with this. It immediately sends out the wrong signal that people can't say what they want and that is the whole point of a forum, however annoying some may get to others, if you don't like it use the ignore poster and move on rather than trying to get people banned!

Excellent idea Stevie :o

This place has about 70 active members but lets ban a few more...

Who are all these exciting posters from 5 or 6 years ago that have ridden off into the sunset because of twitter itk's?

Maybe if the mods did some moderating instead of bitching like spoilt children then these problems wouldnt arise. If they want twitter / football gossip in one place then say so and politely move any stray posts into the relevant place.

The problem with this place is too many internet warriors. Craig was been arsey and tried succesfully to pick a fight with me. Craig then goes crying onto open twitter to Stevie, Tom and Ayatollah and the four of you sit there discussing bannings while patting Craigs fevered brow ffs. :gettin:

Should really have sent Craig packing explaining there were many fun threads on here this week where we all having a good laugh.

Lord of the flies.....indeed.

Very Sad.

How about we just have one transfer rumours thread that covers twitter, tabloids, inter webs etc. If people post rumours in other threads then the mods delete them. If you find the rumours tiresome you can just avoid that thread.

Excellent idea, Should be a mod Kitman.

Excellent idea, Should be a mod Kitman.

I'm a free spirit man you can't tie me to the system :o

I've already created one thread for Twitter rumours, Kitman. You're ignoring me aren't you : :o

not at all I was suggesting we put the lot in one thread not just the twitter shizzle :gettin:

Use this thread to talk about Twitter rumours & other discussions relating to twitter - do not clutter the forums or other threads with posts in relation to twitter hearsay.

In regards to potential transfers mentioned by a newspaper or a reputable journalist or television news show please discuss it in

The Transfer Thread (2011)

Right so there's no excuses. That's that.

Agree with CT and PaddockLad. I have not once adversely reacted to weak rumours being posted on to this or any other forum. I do however react badly to the sort of chat in this thread.

Its bascially ok to be Kevin or Deadman and be stupid but the minute you have a diametrically opposed view, all hell kicks off. I dont want to sound patronising but i'm going to be anyway, when you get to a certain age you learn how to deal with a wide variety of perspectives on the world that can make no sense to you at all. Everyone likes to have their view of the world validated and someone who doesnt 'get it' is annoying, of course. You do grow out of that though.

What bemused me most recently was the absolute paucity of discussion around Ba, Cabaye, Merveaux and players like Erding who are clearly on the radar. Plenty of shite about Nolan (which is fair, the captain was sold) and Ashley but very little on the positive things that have happened and the implication for the footballing side of things. We've signed some players but you look like a dick if you post a formation including these players apparently. As i say though, everyone just wants their world view vaildated and to pounce upon any opportunity to denigrate posters they dont like, however slight the inaccuracy or difference in point of view.

I quite like twitter rumours being posted on here fwiw but as Kitman says, it would be better if they were kept in the thread dedicated to this.

Agree with CT and PaddockLad. I have not once adversely reacted to weak rumours being posted on to this or any other forum. I do however react badly to the sort of chat in this thread.

Its bascially ok to be Kevin or Deadman and be stupid but the minute you have a diametrically opposed view, all hell kicks off. I dont want to sound patronising but i'm going to be anyway, when you get to a certain age you learn how to deal with a wide variety of perspectives on the world that can make no sense to you at all. Everyone likes to have their view of the world validated and someone who doesnt 'get it' is annoying, of course. You do grow out of that though.

What bemused me most recently was the absolute paucity of discussion around Ba, Cabaye, Merveaux and players like Erding who are clearly on the radar. Plenty of shite about Nolan (which is fair, the captain was sold) and Ashley but very little on the positive things that have happened and the implication for the footballing side of things. We've signed some players but you look like a dick if you post a formation including these players apparently. As i say though, everyone just wants their world view vaildated and to pounce upon any opportunity to denigrate posters they dont like, however slight the inaccuracy or difference in point of view.

I quite like twitter rumours being posted on here fwiw but as Kitman says, it would be better if they were kept in the thread dedicated to this.

Well hold on a minute, I couldn't give a fuck about who posts what, Scottish Mag raised the point that many old posters have fucked off due to new posters. I may be one of the new posters that have made people fuck off. People don't offend me, I was just looking for solutions that would maybe entice the old posters back.

CT I wasn't specifically referring to you being in this poll it could be anyone, and you're right there's been no bitchyness on here for longer than a week which must be a fucking record.