Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Fergie's mam write that?

No, worse, it was CT

Pages stuck together ,are they?

CT's missus has given up complaining about being called "Little Shane" in bed, it's the only way she can get him to show her any kind of warmth :(

;)

• 3 months later...

I don't see this with Ferguson..Never seen anything which makes me think this guy is going to be a great player. Surely if he was breaking through he would of had a more prominent role in pre-season with the likes of Abeid, Ameobi and Vuckic?

We are missing out by having a right footed player playing on the left.The play slows down,so Jonas needs shifting from the left.Remember Scot Sellers.Him and Beresford kept things ticking over down the left due to both of them being left footed.The same when Sheedy played.Santon is right footed so nowt is going to happen on a regular basis with neebody left footed on the left.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

I don't see this with Ferguson..Never seen anything which makes me think this guy is going to be a great player. Surely if he was breaking through he would of had a more prominent role in pre-season with the likes of Abeid, Ameobi and Vuckic?

me either bit headless and clumsy for me, just too eager so gives away a load of fouls, that and he looks/is the size of a child, i know full backs can be lightweight'ish but he's a midget and lightweight

Shane Ferguson is raw but has potential as we have seen yet he isn't someone I'd start ahead of Jonas who works his bollocks off for the team and is more of an asset than he gets credit for.

We all know Jonas should be able to deliver a better end product but the energy he expends in helping out the team defensive wise can nullify his attacking options a lot.

Ferguson still needs to be slowly pitched into the team in sub roles I think, for this season at least so he can get to proper grips with the rigours of regular energy zapping physical premier games.

Jonas does a lot of helping out at the back when he's played on the left of midfield and is the reason why Enrique coped so well and he will make it easier for Santon as well if that's the left side of next seasons team.

Ferguson looks tidy going forward but will he have Jonas's energy to get back quickly when play breaks down. I haven;t seen nowhere near enough of him to say he warrants a regular Premier start but I'm sure he will get his cup run out's to stake his claim.

Jonas is a bloody quality player. Give him the ball and he'll either keep hold of it, pass it to a B&W shirt or win a free kick. He is rarely wasteful with the ball.

I don't buy the "no end product" argument. Football has moved on from having out and out wingers who whip balls into the box for a burly, bustling striker. It's about ball retention, possession football and a team player. Love him to bits.

The challenge for Shane, Sammy or any young player at the club is to be able to "keep up" as the quality at the club rises. Being on the cusp of the first team this year will be a lot harder than last year.

Good of course for the club and the fans but some youngsters will need to move on as the club out grows them.

• 2 weeks later...

Jonas is a bloody quality player. Give him the ball and he'll either keep hold of it, pass it to a B&W shirt or win a free kick. He is rarely wasteful with the ball.

I don't buy the "no end product" argument. Football has moved on from having out and out wingers who whip balls into the box for a burly, bustling striker. It's about ball retention, possession football and a team player. Love him to bits.

I agree.

We have quality in our side but we need a work ethic or we'll just end up like a team of big time Charlies. Jonas is a great outlet and gets us time and deadballs and can also thread a good ball through.

_62306628_150812dk001.jpg

Pleased for him but that's the first time I've seen that kit. Looks canny. :good: