Wigan Athletic 0-1 Newcastle Utd

Mac-Toon

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just on the bus coming back now. Great day out. Cracking result. Their fans are shite, tbh. Tiny little singing corner and some cunt with a drum.

Sounded like we were playing at home. Can't believe how loud our lot sounded. Brilliant support.

The home stands looked pretty much empty from the sky sports cameras - and even though they made a point of highlighting the black and white army in the stands and mentioning the loyal support - even just from passive camera shots during play, their end looked pretty much abandoned!

Kept praying for Jonas and Shola to have a blinder today what with other managers at the game, Live on telly and window just opening. :icon_lol:

Yeah, let's get rid of 2 players we don't need to sell who wouldn't bring in much at all if we were to sell them

Genius idea.

Get rid of Smith and Best, keep the rest as we need the numbers.

Back to the fresh air of the North East. It's a canny little jaunt down there, in fairness to Wigan. We went in a bar near the ground which was ALL Newcastle fans. Literally nee Latics anywhere to be seen. Imagine that at home man, say The Strawberry was full of away fans every game and none of us anywhere. Just wouldn't happen. Felt canny sorry for some of them, obviously proper football fans but so few on numbers it's quite embarrasing. 'there here, tha' there, tha' everyfuckinwhere, empty seats, empty seats'.

I'm sure I've just heard Neil Warnock say 'sholas better technically than carroll and has better feet'. And that Neil, is the reason you're managing in the championship.

We done exactly what was needed today. Didn't really play great and had to scrap through the majority but nonetheless, a vital three points towards stoppin' up. Beat West Ham on wednesdayand we'll be champion.

Simpson done well positionally whenever they pressed us, cut out what could've been a decent opportunity first half when they tried to play a thru ball into our box. Harper had nowt to do on his return.

Didn't think much of Tiote rolling aboot like a fanny near the end but he more than made up for that with his performance. Can't believe MOTD aint shown Barton's challenge. Not like them not to dive heed first onto a bandwagon. Was hardly a booking from where I was. I hear Andy Gray was saying he should've walked? The fucking stupid cunt.

Routledge, in the words of Pards 'raped' them when he came on. This week they should have him skinning people down the right then actually whipping balls in so he get's that side of his game sorted. I like him as an attacking player. Mightn't have an end product but he gains us so much in direction of play and the area of the ball (i.e taking it away from danger)

'Tio Tio Tiote, Tiote, Tiote, Tio Tio Tiote, Tio Tiote'.

A champion day al' round.

Edited by Mac-Toon

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
that shola song makes us cringe like

You say it like it's one of the first times you've heard it. You fool no one mate, who would put a picture up as a toon fan, of one of the clubs most embarrassing supporters one ridiculed by fans around the country. I've read your posts, without any doubt you're not a Newcastle fan and you fool no cunt.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Back to the fresh air of the North East. It's a canny little jaunt down there, in fairness to Wigan. We went in a bar near the ground which was ALL Newcastle fans. Literally nee Latics anywhere to be seen. Imagine that at home man, say The Strawberry was full of away fans every game and none of us anywhere. Just wouldn't happen. Felt canny sorry for some of them, obviously proper football fans but so few on numbers it's quite embarrasing. 'there here, tha' there, tha' everyfuckinwhere, empty seats, empty seats'.

I'm sure I've just heard Neil Warnock say 'sholas better technically than carroll and has better feet'. And that Neil, is the reason you're managing in the championship.

We done exactly what was needed today. Didn't really play great and had to scrap through the majority but nonetheless, a vital three points towards stoppin' up. Beat West Ham on wednesdayand we'll be champion.

Simpson done well positionally whenever they pressed us, cut out what could've been a decent opportunity first half when they tried to play a thru ball into our box. Harper had nowt to do on his return.

Didn't think much of Tiote rolling aboot like a fanny near the end but he more than made up for that with his performance. Can't believe MOTD aint shown Barton's challenge. Not like them not to dive heed first onto a bandwagon. Was hardly a booking from where I was. I hear Andy Gray was saying he should've walked? The fucking stupid cunt.

Routledge, in the words of Pards 'raped' them when he came on. This week they should have him skinning people down the right then actually whipping balls in so he get's that side of his game sorted. I like him as an attacking player. Mightn't have an end product but he gains us so much in direction of play and the area of the ball (i.e taking it away from danger)

'Tio Tio Tiote, Tiote, Tiote, Tio Tio Tiote, Tio Tiote'.

A champion day al' round.

In fairness to Wigan it's been a rugby league town for 100 years same as St Helen's. Within 20 miles of Wigan you have the worlds biggest club, and the worlds most plastically supported club (see the crowd on Saturday), not to mention the blue dippers, and the massive club from Eastlands. On top of that and I've been to and spoken to Wiganers there is a huge rivalry between RL and football fans, and it's not that common that fans of both codes go to both. Wigan have never claimed to be a big club, to see them with 800 fans watching their little team with pride deserves praise, when you think the likes of Everton, and Man City up to this season don't bring many more. They'll never be a team I'll sing YSIFS to, it's like singing it to Mansfield, they turn up watching their unfashionable club and deserve respect for it, as opposed to fans of clubs like Liverpool, Everton, Aston Villa and Arsenal who all believe their clubs are special yet have such shit support.

Fucking hell, 100 years and they still haven't realised how shit Rugby League is.

Btw, how many yellow cards is Tiote on? Probably been mentioned, but I can't be bothered to go through the 16 pages of this thread.

Edited by StevenL

Wigan were absolute dogshit but in many ways that makes the win even more crucial. We should have had the game sewn-up by half time but although we didn't take those chances we were well worth the win and anything else would've been a bit of a travesty.

Had a lot of fun yesterday. It really should have finished 2-3 nil to us but we kept our nerve and held out for the win. It's a very important three points and makes up for the home game. We have a chance in the next few games to go in the right direction.

Fans we great crack yesterday like :icon_lol:

Enormous 3 points yesterday, broke the hoodoo and imo was a pretty decent performance for a one-nilla.

I though everyone except lovenkrands done well.

Tiote IS the nutz man.....cant wait for us to get a proper right winger out there so we can have Tiote and Barton as our central partnership.

I didn't think Taylor or Jonas were owt to write home about either. Lovenkrands is nowhere near good enough though. I agree about the performance however. We were probably a bit lucky in that if you miss that many chances in the PL, especially away, you'll more than likely get punished but we deserved the 3 points.

I didn't think Taylor or Jonas were owt to write home about either. Lovenkrands is nowhere near good enough though. I agree about the performance however. We were probably a bit lucky in that if you miss that many chances in the PL, especially away, you'll more than likely get punished but we deserved the 3 points.

I agree on taylor, dont think he was bad, just wasnt good neither....average shall we say? Coloccini on the other hand was a class act again.

I actually thought Jonas had a pretty good game for what he does.....runs with the ball and wins free kicks......should of scored but at that pace was a tough chance. I just wish he like routledge could cross then we would have two proper wingers.

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

I agree on taylor, dont think he was bad, just wasnt good neither....average shall we say? Coloccini on the other hand was a class act again.

I actually though Jonas had a pretty good game for what he does.....runs with the ball and wins free kicks......should of scored but at that pace was a tough chance. I just wish he like routledge could cross then we would have two proper wingers.

Average for him :icon_lol:

I actually though Jonas had a pretty good game for what he does.....runs with the ball and wins free kicks......should of scored but at that pace was a tough chance. I just wish he like routledge could cross then we would have two proper wingers.

Average for him :icon_lol:

You happy he signed a new deal?

Dont get me wrong i dont think he is a great CB but he is decent and like other have said, to replace him would be in the region of 5mil. I'd still be looking at getting wheater at end of season though.

Taylor, Coloccini, Williamson, Wheater and Kadar to choose from. I'd be fairly happy with that.

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

Yeah, because I think he's ok cover and a decent option as RB (I've been impressed with Simpson though this season) and I think you'd have to pay a canny wedge to replace, i.e. young, promising, English etc. I'll leave it at that as I'm in a generous mood :icon_lol:

Yeah, because I think he's ok cover and a decent option as RB (I've been impressed with Simpson though this season) and I think you'd have to pay a canny wedge to replace, i.e. young, promising, English etc. I'll leave it at that as I'm in a generous mood :icon_lol:

You've no idea how happy that makes me alex. :(:)

I said all along Simpson was a good RB.