Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
So, who's going and how are you getting there? I'm probably getting the metro - trouble is how do I get past here when I arrive?

Beeb

Getting the metro, mackems already talking about an ambush, they couldn't ambush a scouts march. They'll march us up from the metro at St Peter's. We're leaving as late as possible, probably get the 1118 metro.

thers ne chance at all of an ambush

the coppers have built am 8 foot metal fence from the away end of the stadium up to st peters metro apparantly, both sides

both sets of fans wont be able to see each other never mind get at each other

Its because of all the carry on with firworks etc last time

If there was you'd get battered anyway like yous normally dee.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, who's going and how are you getting there? I'm probably getting the metro - trouble is how do I get past here when I arrive?

Beeb

Getting the metro, mackems already talking about an ambush, they couldn't ambush a scouts march. They'll march us up from the metro at St Peter's. We're leaving as late as possible, probably get the 1118 metro.

the coppers have built am 8 foot metal fence from the away end of the stadium up to st peters metro apparantly, both sides

You let yourself down sometimes Stevie

Beeb

You let yourself down sometimes Stevie

I only posted that to get a reaction, you weren't top of my list as to who it would be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...o=feeds-newsxml

Steve Bruce was so humiliated by Sunderland’s 5-1 Halloween horror show at Newcastle that he claims he has not dared show his face since at his dad’s favourite pub in Wallsend.

Sunderland suffered their worst defeat by their rivals for more than 50 years in Bruce’s first Tyne-Wear derby.

And as he prepared for Sunday’s return fixture, he admitted he went straight to bed that night and shut the world out.

Black out: Steve Bruce said that he had to close himself off from the world after Sunderland's 5-1 defeat to Newcastle United

‘I didn’t even watch the news,’ he said. ‘It was a total blackout. The next day was probably worse.

‘The 24 to 48 hours afterwards were the most difficult I have had to face in football. You have to pick yourself up and that’s when you earn your money. You can’t be down because you’ve got to lift all those around you.’

Sunderland won four of their next eight games after defeat on Tyneside, most notably at Chelsea, and Bruce says his players’ response came after a crucial team meeting in a restaurant.

The Sunderland boss, who expects Nedum Onuoha to be fit, with Lee Cattermole and Danny Welbeck rated ‘50-50’, said: ‘We all went out and had a conversation — what was said will stay private — but it was about our response, and how we could put it right.

‘Up until now we’ve waited patiently and had to put up with all the abuse. I hope it’s our turn now.’

Reports that Bruce has told the club DJ to play a specific song at the end in reply to what was played at ours. I hope we thrash them to them feel v v stupid after with the song.

'We are the champions' would be immense if we won.

Not that I or anyone should really care what he has to say, here's Lawrenson's prediction.

Sunderland v Newcastle (1200 GMT)

This is a revenge mission for Sunderland after they were completely taken apart by Newcastle when they met at St James' Park at the end of October and their players will be motivated by memories of that match - it could be quite a fiery encounter.

Newcastle could do with having Andy Carroll back but, after a few weeks out, I cannot see how he will be 100% fit even if he does return. Their confidence also might have taken a knock after their FA Cup defeat at the hands of non-league Stevenage last weekend.

Sunderland were on the wrong end of a Cup upset too, at home to League One side Notts County, but they have had a few injuries to contend with and their line-up was not as strong as the one Newcastle put out.

Prediction: 2-0

Er, they were a.) at home and b.) started with Gyan and Bent amongst others.

Edited by Tecato

Aye you're bang on Tecato tbh, he's an utter cock. I just hope Carroll's back like, they're sweating on Cattermole, Onhuha and Danny 'better than Ben Arfa' Welbeck, so at least they're not full strength either.

Aye you're bang on Tecato tbh, he's an utter cock. I just hope Carroll's back like, they're sweating on Cattermole, Onhuha and Danny 'better than Ben Arfa' Welbeck, so at least they're not full strength either.

Onouha is fit, and Cattermole and Welbeck will either start/come on from the bench.

Did Carroll train today?

And our team against Notts County was massively depleted tbf, not like it's any excuse though, embarrassing result.

Not that I or anyone should really care what he has to say, here's Lawrenson's prediction.

This is a revenge mission for Sunderland after they were completely taken apart by Newcastle when they met at St James' Park at the end of October and their players will be motivated by memories of that match - it could be quite a fiery encounter.

Newcastle could do with having Andy Carroll back but, after a few weeks out, I cannot see how he will be 100% fit even if he does return. Their confidence also might have taken a knock after their FA Cup defeat at the hands of non-league Stevenage last weekend.

Sunderland were on the wrong end of a Cup upset too, at home to League One side Notts County, but they have had a few injuries to contend with and their line-up was not as strong as the one Newcastle put out.

What a thick twat!

Aye they're good reads, the 1991 game was me first away game remember it like it was yesterday, most mental celebration ever when we equalised, something like 50 people were taken out by St John's Ambulance it was that mental. See 1991, it hadn't changed at all from the early 80s so I had a good glimpse about what it was all about.

Today it's sterile as fuck, I'm just grateful I so what it was like before the death knell of the all seater stadium, I know with younguns it's through no fault of their own and I feel sorry for people who started going to games after 1993, because you can't even compare the experience sadly.

After the match, a nervous teenage Tyneside driver, would send a belligerent Mackem over the top of his bonnet as he drove through the lights at the junction as Mags and Mackems got down to it as the bark of Police dogs provided the soundtrack.

That happened half a dozen cars in front of us...the car directly in front of us had 4 lads in it, a couple (stupidly?) wearing colours and when we were sat at the lights a team of half a dozen mackems appeared and the biggest thrust his torso inside the open window and tried to haul the driver out through the fuckin thing...his muckers were eyeing us (two!...no colours mind) suspiciously when the polis turned up and chased them off. It was after this incident that I realised the colour of adrennaline is brown :)

We didn't have tickets either, the mackems doing the "tenner at the turnstile" gig must've made an absoloute fortune that day, it was rammed more solid than I'd ever known the Gallowgate, which had been under crowd limits for some time around then iirc.

Don't know if this was the one where one of our lot was on the pitch before kick off, pretending to smash an imaginary ball into the net?...that may ahve even been at SJP now I come to think of it...anyone else remember that?

Was dangerously full, the fullest end I've ever been in, but like I say down the stairs behind the away end after the game most scared I've ever been at a game. Thought I was a gonna pressed 6 deep from the gates and the crush got more intense with every minute. In the ground it was fuckin rammed, we couldn't move but the ob dropped us off beside the sea and walked us down that terraced street beside the park, quite nice hooses there, got in about 30 mins before kick off, and it was fuckin rammed, but we pushed our way through to a little cranny just behind the fire escape with one step in front of the middle crush barriers, best perch in the hoose, so when we scored there was no crush just us in our mental celebration - look below I've illustrated where we were make it bigger by clicking it though. Honestly Liam O'Brien's goal that day was probably the best moment of my life to that point, meant more to me than the winner the next season.

* where we were them three blue stumps I've drawn

rm89kn.jpg

Where were you like Paddocklad?

Aye they're good reads, the 1991 game was me first away game remember it like it was yesterday, most mental celebration ever when we equalised, something like 50 people were taken out by St John's Ambulance it was that mental. See 1991, it hadn't changed at all from the early 80s so I had a good glimpse about what it was all about.

Today it's sterile as fuck, I'm just grateful I so what it was like before the death knell of the all seater stadium, I know with younguns it's through no fault of their own and I feel sorry for people who started going to games after 1993, because you can't even compare the experience sadly.

After the match, a nervous teenage Tyneside driver, would send a belligerent Mackem over the top of his bonnet as he drove through the lights at the junction as Mags and Mackems got down to it as the bark of Police dogs provided the soundtrack.

That happened half a dozen cars in front of us...the car directly in front of us had 4 lads in it, a couple (stupidly?) wearing colours and when we were sat at the lights a team of half a dozen mackems appeared and the biggest thrust his torso inside the open window and tried to haul the driver out through the fuckin thing...his muckers were eyeing us (two!...no colours mind) suspiciously when the polis turned up and chased them off. It was after this incident that I realised the colour of adrennaline is brown :)

We didn't have tickets either, the mackems doing the "tenner at the turnstile" gig must've made an absoloute fortune that day, it was rammed more solid than I'd ever known the Gallowgate, which had been under crowd limits for some time around then iirc.

Don't know if this was the one where one of our lot was on the pitch before kick off, pretending to smash an imaginary ball into the net?...that may ahve even been at SJP now I come to think of it...anyone else remember that?

Was dangerously full, the fullest end I've ever been in, but like I say down the stairs behind the away end after the game most scared I've ever been at a game. Thought I was a gonna pressed 6 deep from the gates and the crush got more intense with every minute. In the ground it was fuckin rammed, we couldn't move but the ob dropped us off beside the sea and walked us down that terraced street beside the park, quite nice hooses there, got in about 30 mins before kick off, and it was fuckin rammed, but we pushed our way through to a little cranny just behind the fire escape with one step in front of the middle crush barriers, best perch in the hoose, so when we scored there was no crush just us in our mental celebration - look below I've illustrated where we were make it bigger by clicking it though. Honestly Liam O'Brien's goal that day was probably the best moment of my life to that point, meant more to me than the winner the next season.

* where we were them three blue stumps I've drawn

rm89kn.jpg

Where were you like Paddocklad?

I was directly behind you, but two barriers further back. Hungover to fuck. I would have slept in for this match if me mate hadn't knocked for me.

Onouha is fit, and Cattermole and Welbeck will either start/come on from the bench.

Did Carroll train today?

And our team against Notts County was massively depleted tbf, not like it's any excuse though, embarrassing result.

Good to know about them 3 I guess, I've nee idea about Carroll Pardew seems to be keeping quiet about who's fit and things unless I've missed something.

They were both embarrassing we had a lot of 1st teamers and you lot had your £25m front line out, still means fuck aal about what will happen this weekend.

What a thick twat!

Hadn't even noticed that until now. What a moron.

No more negativity from me, was just thinking with my head re 3-0. I'm up for this derby now can't wait to stumble off the metro at 1140 and in to that shithole, we can do it, I rarely look at RTG, but a two minute glance for me tells me everything you need to know, not that I didn't but it reminds you. These people live their lives around Newcastle, we are important parts of their lives, I hope they have a shit Sunday night. I'm more up for it than I was the game in October even. :)

I'd play Gosling even 50% fit before AS, if Carroll starts we've got a chance.

Saw that and thought it was quite tasty but if I place that bet all hope really will go out of the window.

Normally my view, but I took us against Wigan and then HT/FT against West Ham so i thought i may as well jump on those odds, I mustn't be the jinx i thought i was.

But for me the most memorable derby was the away game on Monday April 8th 1985 – not because of the game (it was absolutely shite and memorable only for the Robert’s Robots all-silver away kit we were decked out in) but because it was the day we took the Fulwell.

Being brought up in Durham we weren’t really in the Tyneside hooligan cliques but we were solid Mags made up from a canny little crew from Durham, Bishop, Aycliffe and Darlo. We travelled on the same service trains with the lads from Newcastle and stood with them around the country and when the crack started about going in the Fulwell, we were up for it.

I was in my late teens and thought I was invincible even though I was bricking it. I knew I had lads around me I could rely on and who would watch my back. About 3-400 of us had tickets for the Fulwell and agreed to go in in dribs and drabs. The four of us from Durham got a lift through to Roker and despite the trepidation, took our place in the middle right of the Fulwell with the agreed signal of ‘United, United’ to be set off about 15 minutes into the game.

As usual, the plan went to shite when about 5 minutes in, the ‘NME’ chant started followed by ‘United’ and then pandemonium. We looked for our lads and started hitting the Mackems around us and they scattered. We found some of our own and had a little band that handed out some grief but they just backed off and ran away. It was fucking amazing – most of my muckers were at the Roker End where the Mags were housed and it took Sunderland ages to get to us but by then, we had taken the piss.

We more or less made our own way out of the Fulwell with no resistance – they were humiliated. As we walked round the side of the pitch, the smiles broke and as we walked past the Clock Stand, they did their usual big time bollocks with nowt to back it up. A few coins and ‘V’ signs were thrown but they were nowt. As we got towards the Roker, the ‘Geordie Aggro’ chants were deafening and some lads broke into a run with arms wide as if we’d won the FA Cup. It felt great to be completely honest.

Geordies here, Geordies there, Geordies every fuckin where nananananannananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

mackems85fk8.jpg

40311_452849175780_624950780_6746824_5446487_n.jpg