John Carver

Giraffidae

I dont see what the big deal is. Assistance don't make much of a difference.

A good assistant is imperative to any club. Look what happened to Leeds when Poyet fucked off.

Leeds imploded when Poyet left because Wise was shit.

We've been running without one for so long and I don't see Pardew as being someone to take the assistance advise onboard. So I doubt he'll be anything more than spare hands.

Man-u have had loads come and go and nothing changes in their style or application.

:lol: Once is forgiveable but twice is just retarded.

BTW, what is it you do to earn your £70k per annum? Clearly nothing to do with numeracy or literacy.

:nah: Sucks a lot of high class cock at Canary Wharf

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of evidence to suggest otherwise. I think even the greats need sounding boards / someone to bounce ideas off / someone to suggest a change at the right time in a match, not to mention being a buffer between the boss and the players. Even Pardew might benefit from this.

I'm not saying there is no merit to the role, just it wont make much of a difference to results.

They do all the tax returns as well. :lol:

A good assistant is imperative to any club. Look what happened to Leeds when Poyet fucked off.

Wiwkeens and Chelsea.

Best example I can think of is Clough and Taylor.

Not too mention what happened at Liverpool when Benitez's right hand man went.

Back to Carver, wasn't he responsible for playing all the songs over the PA system at Plymouth the night we got promoted despite the fact they got relegated the same night?

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Back to Carver, wasn't he responsible for playing all the songs over the PA system at Plymouth the night we got promoted despite the fact they got relegated the same night?

Aye that Paco.

Aye that Paco.

Pako Ayestarán - that's fella. He was the brains in that setup, all started going to shit when he left.

A lot of evidence to suggest otherwise. I think even the greats need sounding boards / someone to bounce ideas off / someone to suggest a change at the right time in a match, not to mention being a buffer between the boss and the players.

And in Terry McDermott's case, someone to put out the cones in training/pop down the bookies.

A lot of evidence to suggest otherwise. I think even the greats need sounding boards / someone to bounce ideas off / someone to suggest a change at the right time in a match, not to mention being a buffer between the boss and the players.

And in Terry McDermott's case, someone to put out the cones in training/pop down the bookies.

That's just out of order. I'm a bit sick of people putting him down so unfairly. He deserves more credit.

He also organised the Christmas parties.

I can remember him being slagged off quite a bit on this board at one time.

Anyway, good appointment for me.

Can you? I can't like. I can remember Wadsworth getting some stick over his 'talent'-spotting skills though. Anyway, I think this is good news but I'm not that excited by it as it's not really going to change that much at the club.

Definitely some slagging off. Manly around the time Bellamy threw a chair at him with some goons sticking up for Bellamy iirc

look at what happened to us when steve clarke fucked off. went from being 3rd to 14th in 3 years. mind souness didn't help.

5367409608_7bc07bf27e.jpg

5366797975_9a4476c331.jpg

Honestly I know it's been mentioned, but when you speak to him, he speaks to you like he's known you his whole life, to be fair I have known him years, but he's a magic bloke really is - delighted with it.

Failed at Plymouth....gets a job at Sheff Utd....Fails there....Gets a job at Newcastle.

Talk about falling on your feet.

Kevin Dillon has just come free, he would have been a better choice imo.

Is that you Douggy?

Any offers on at Wetherspoons?

Failed at Plymouth....gets a job at Sheff Utd....Fails there....Gets a job at Newcastle.

How did he fail at Plymouth???? He was only there a few month as assistant to a proven clown Paul Marriner. At Sheffield United he was under Wankwell, was given the managers job on a temp basis with a squad depleted by injuries, so where has he failed? He was described by SBR as his best assistant ever, baring in mind Mourinho was his assistant it's some statement, not one assistant in Tottenham's history can say they were a right hand man when the club qualified for the champions league TWICE. Talk about things you know like call rates and making out bound calls. Kevin Dillon :lol: aye another mackem, just what we need.

How did he fail at Plymouth???? He was only there a few month as assistant to a proven clown Paul Marriner. At Sheffield United he was under Wankwell, was given the managers job on a temp basis with a squad depleted by injuries, so where has he failed? He was described by SBR as his best assistant ever, baring in mind Mourinho was his assistant it's some statement, not one assistant in Tottenham's history can say they were a right hand man when the club qualified for the champions league TWICE. Talk about things you know like call rates and making out bound calls. Kevin Dillon :lol: aye another mackem, just what we need.

Oh come on, assuming this is that twat of a Spuds fan returned, I'm sure you know what a wind up merchant he is. Prob resurfaced due to the weekends game. Hopefully will go back under his rock afterwards.

Anyone who knows this club knows how highlighly rated Carver is and thats enough for me. Only thing I did pick up on is that it sounds like its just a deal until the end of the season?

Oh come on, assuming this is that twat of a Spuds fan returned, I'm sure you know what a wind up merchant he is. Prob resurfaced due to the weekends game. Hopefully will go back under his rock afterwards.

Anyone who knows this club knows how highlighly rated Carver is and thats enough for me. Only thing I did pick up on is that it sounds like its just a deal until the end of the season?

It's a 4 month deal, aye. Pardew said it'll give him the chance to get to know him and then they'll look at it again in the summer (or words to that effect).