one born every minute

Dr Gloom

to the fathers on here...did you attend the birth of your child? how would you describe the experience? did you go down the 'business end'?

my mrs has 6 weeks to go. we made the mistake of watching 'one born every minute' the other night. no punches pulled there like. crivens! :lol:

I've not had the 'pleasure' of blessing the mrs with a little 'un yet - however i Have had 2 mates the past year who have been at the births of their first kids - and i believe the phrase used was

"Dignity left at the door"

Not quite sure as to the specifics of their roles but they both did look rather pasty when talking about it! Would be interesting to hear from any voices of experience on the matter!

Also congrats to the pair of you :lol: hope everything goes as planned!

I've no experience of this, but my feeling is if you want to keep you lass on some sort of sexy pedestal you probably don't want to see her howsyerfather turned into the wrong end of a meat grinder, under fluorescent lighting surrounded by strangers.

I'd happily stick my nose in anyone else's like.

Sell tickets? :lol:

All joking aside, good luck with it mate.

Edited by trophyshy

I was there. It's surreal and you kinda forget the details. Maybe it's cos mine were in the middle of the night. It's amazing though. I did shed a tear I'll admit but I'm a soft shite when it comes to owt like that.

I had a look down the tyne tunnell just beforehand but she wanted me to talk to her.

I'd advise her not to do what the zimbabwean(sp) wife did on one born every minute and take her coat off.

to the fathers on here...did you attend the birth of your child?

Yes

how would you describe the experience?

Like attending a derby and with the score 0-0 Pardew catches your eye in the crowd and asks you to hoy some boots on and give it a go. As the seconds tick down, Barton hoys in a magnificent cross to you on the edge of the box that you then volley in for the winner like the one Shearer scored against Everton, Spurs or Aldershot????

Crowd goes mad as Jose and co chase you for a pile on.

did you go down the 'business end'?

Got to be done. An amazing moment, particularly if you dont know the sex. Tradition is to do the old rope knot trick with the umbilical chord.

my mrs has 6 weeks to go. we made the mistake of watching 'one born every minute' the other night. no punches pulled there like. crivens! :lol:

Drugs, drugs and more drugs. (also remember to have a go yourself on the gas and air).

All the best for it.

I've not had the 'pleasure' of blessing the mrs with a little 'un yet - however i Have had 2 mates the past year who have been at the births of their first kids - and i believe the phrase used was

"Dignity left at the door"

Not quite sure as to the specifics of their roles but they both did look rather pasty when talking about it! Would be interesting to hear from any voices of experience on the matter!

Also congrats to the pair of you :lol: hope everything goes as planned!

thanks! it's weird. i'm looking forward to the whole thing with a mixture of nervous excitement and sheer terror.

i'm one of the first of my mates to have a little un. my best mate who's already had one said it was the most overwhelming experience of his life but he wishes he'd stayed up top holding the hand instead of going downstairs. don't think i'm going to get involved with cutting the cord or anything like that either after seeing that episode of peep show.

I never got to cut he cord as it was wrapped around his neck and they had to whip him to the side and unravel it then rub him vigourously to start him breathing. I actually didn't notice as it's so overwhelming. Wey, I thought it was anyway. He was fine straight away like. You'll never kna love like it kida.

I was there for both of mine, first was an emergency caesarean , which is brutal- like an explosion in a butchers .

Second was an elected caesarean, much more calm affair.

Stayed firmly at the talking end for both , but peeked and glimpsed enough of Mrs.Fist's innards to last a lifetime, thanks.

When the little one comes out its indescribable- we didn't know the sex either time, and i choked up big style with both. Girl 1st, then a boy 7 months ago.

As has been said though, the Wes Craven aspects are quickly forgotten, and the overwhelming memory is of sheer emotion.

Enjoy it mate, and congratulations,

I was there for all three of mine, one natural, one induced and one C section, I didn't mind seeing the clunge at moment jnr popped out, but I drew the line at looking at the surgical work during the C section, the reflection in the surgeons glasses was more than enough, it was a relief to see my son come out alive after the doctor thought he had killed him by trying to turn him from a breach position in the womb, not good.

The induced birth was unpleasant too, neither mother or child seemed ready, it was thought the baby was getting too big and needed to come out, but it all just felt wrong and unnatural, it felt forced and more painful than necessary.

I never got to cut he cord as it was wrapped around his neck and they had to whip him to the side and unravel it then rub him vigourously to start him breathing. I actually didn't notice as it's so overwhelming. Wey, I thought it was anyway. He was fine straight away like. You'll never kna love like it kida.

This.

Something to have in mind is that should things start to look like theyre not going right then those involved are amazing.

Little fella was induced, took about 18 hours I think for it to work but then when it did he was suddenly legging it out. In the space of about 10 minutes Ellie went from about 4cm to 10, she was on the gas and air and just generally pissed as a fart while midwife did her checks. Anyway during the checks midwife just casually said "hmmm Im not 100% happy here but dont worry" pressed a button (in the room not in Ellie!) and suddenly the place filled with people all with their own job and all knowing exactly what needed to be done. Consultant took a look, said she wanted him out pronto and everyone including Ellie and the bed were gone. Just me standing in an empty room!

30 seconds later, nurse legs it in and says "what you doing here, get in there", kits me up in wellies and gown and launches me into a theatre.

They decided to have one go at natural before doing C section and within a couple of minutes George was here. Like Mac says though, cutting the cord just went out the window.

Was at both of mine - utterly fantastic. Two of the greatest moments of my life.

Second one - boy - had to be induced as the lazy fucker was taking his time in starting down the tunnel. They put a drip into wor lasses hand. Anyhoo, half way down the tunnel and I notice the drip had come out of the wife's hand. I told this to the midwife. '"Oh, it's okay now." she says. I immediately reply "It's not okay, it's dripping on my shoe!!" She, and the trainee with her, looked at me as if I was some kind of nutter. Hmmmmmmm

Good luck with it. I hope all goes well.

aye, twas at both my boys births and was actively involved in both. 1st lad was born the 'traditional' way ie. lying on her back with legs in stirrups and aye, i had a canny good look around. Its no big deal as the shear emotion of the event overwhelms you. The 2nd lad was born in a birthing pool and I was in with her so that I could 'experience' the moment with her. Again you forget all the nasty stuff in the emotion of the moment.

Good luck to you and you missus!

aye, twas at both my boys births and was actively involved in both. 1st lad was born the 'traditional' way ie. lying on her back with legs in stirrups and aye, i had a canny good look around. Its no big deal as the shear emotion of the event overwhelms you. The 2nd lad was born in a birthing pool and I was in with her so that I could 'experience' the moment with her. Again you forget all the nasty stuff in the emotion of the moment.

Fucking Hell :D Didnt even know you could do that. Were you skinny dipping or in your speedo's? :icon_lol:

Fucking Hell :D Didnt even know you could do that. Were you skinny dipping or in your speedo's? :icon_lol:

Swimming shorts. Wor lass had a maternity bra on iirc. Fuckin nurses were fully clothed tho. Bitches!!

Swimming shorts. Wor lass had a maternity bra on iirc. Fuckin nurses were fully clothed tho. Bitches!!

:rolleyes:

With the S peeled off. :rolleyes:

Unless, like yourself, you kicked all the doctors out the room and got down there yourself and delivered it. Probably didn't even wear gloves.

it was in Jakarta - gloves????? what are gloves???

to the fathers on here...did you attend the birth of your child? how would you describe the experience? did you go down the 'business end'?

my mrs has 6 weeks to go. we made the mistake of watching 'one born every minute' the other night. no punches pulled there like. crivens! :D

I was there for both. Stayed top end for both :suicide:

I did cut the cord for both as well though.

Amazing experience, if not left feeling a bit of a spare part at times.

It's the single most terrifying and fantastic thing you'll ever do.

Can't really put it into words but seeing your child born in front of you and then have it thrust into your arms is a bit overwhelming. I had a few tears and couldn't take my eyes off the bairn for ages. You're looking down on this little bundle of blankets and suddenly two little eyes open and that's it - you're hooked and your life changes forever. Your world is tipped upside down and things that used to matter don't any more. Only one thing will matter from that moment on and it's class. Tough to start with but it gets better and better.

It's the single most terrifying and fantastic thing you'll ever do.

Can't really put it into words but seeing your child born in front of you and then have it thrust into your arms is a bit overwhelming. I had a few tears and couldn't take my eyes off the bairn for ages. You're looking down on this little bundle of blankets and suddenly two little eyes open and that's it - you're hooked and your life changes forever. Your world is tipped upside down and things that used to matter don't any more. Only one thing will matter from that moment on and it's class. Tough to start with but it gets better and better.

You forgot the bit where I was in labour and you went to get fish and chips to eat while you watched the Man U match on the labour ward telly :D