Blackpool fined 25K

Anorthernsoul

Ye he said he would quit. It's an absolute joke, Wenger and Fergie can put the kids in for what they see as less important games but Blackpool are not allowed to rotate their squad. I like Ollie but I hope he walks and then the FA get a load of shit out of principle. At the end of the day, Holloway would get the sack if they got relegated so he has to do what he thinks is best in order to keep his club up, and the corrupt telling people how to run the club when their is approx £40m at stake for relegation is a complete joke.

Also, does anyone know where there fines end up going?

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

25k would've probably bankrupted the club 4 or 5 years ago, for me Blackpool are more of a success story even than Wigan, they've had no multi millionaire bankrolling them, signed 10 players coming up for no more than £2m.

Pish decision, should be up to the manager how he wants to utilise his resources, that's what his job. Surely that's part of the definition of any managers job role.

Totally ridiculous, like has already been said Man Utd, Arsenal etc always field weakened teams. It's up to the manager who he plays, so are the FA going to email him what his starting 11 should be.

same thing happened to wolves last season didnt it? absolute joke. How can they even decide what a weakened team is, it's all subjective. I'd call us starting with Perch a weakened team as we could field a traffic cone instead for instance.

What's the point of naming a 25 man squad?

It was ridiculous when it happened to McCarthys Wolves, but I hate him so I smiled abit. Holloway is slightly more likeable so I'm abit pissed off this time, althought I'll probably end up hating him just as much if he doesn't walk after the big fuss he made over quitting.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
same thing happened to wolves last season didnt it? absolute joke. How can they even decide what a weakened team is, it's all subjective. I'd call us starting with Perch a weakened team as we could field a traffic cone instead for instance.

:lol: Great point.

We started with Perch and Smith on three occasions, how did we not get fined?

I think the premier league have made 100% the right decision. With the fine given to Wolves last season after the Man United disgrace there was no way Holloway was going to get away with this. If you look at that team who started against Villa, looking on soccerbase, of the start 11, 7 haven't made one league start since the villa game. Kingston has played every game since but if Gilks was fit he (Kingston) wouldn't have. That wasn't an example of squad rotation, that was an example of Holloway admitting defeat and concentrating on another match. The fact they came close to getting a result is the reason he tried to gloss over it at full time.

What I will say though is that this rule should apply to all, regardless of who you are, it's time the FA monitored this more closely.

Edited by Marko

I think the premier league have made 100% the right decision. With the fine given to Wolves last season after the Man United disgrace there was no way Holloway was going to get away with this. If you look at that team who started against Villa, looking on soccerbase, of the start 11, 7 haven't made one league start since the villa game. Kingston has played every game since but if Gilks was fit he (Kingston) wouldn't have. That wasn't an example of squad rotation, that was an example of Holloway admitting defeat and concentrating on another match. The fact they came close to getting a result is the reason he tried to gloss over it at full time.

What I will say though is that this rule should apply to all, regardless of who you are, it's time the FA monitored this more closely.

The difference is that this season there is the 25 man squad rule. What is the point in naming the 25 if you can't use them?

The difference is that this season there is the 25 man squad rule. What is the point in naming the 25 if you can't use them?

But surely you would say that what Holloway did against Blackpool wasn't rotation, especially with the stat I gave before (7 haven't made 1 league start since). That's my problem with it, This wasn't 1 or 2 changes to combat tired legs/fatigue. This was nothing less than being prepared to concede defeat against Villa in the hope that their players with rest would get a victory against West Ham

He should of got fined more. The "big boys" as quoted above can rest players and still win. Hence the name "big boys". Hollaways a twat anyway upping the price for Charlie so he can "fill his pockets". Bonus for selling players fuck me didn't no one tell Fergie about this? Ronaldo going for a 100 mill

You absolute wacko! :lol:

It isn't comparable to Wolves on the simple basis that when they did it, the 25 man squad sumbissions weren't in force. In this example, the FA have asked Blackpool to name the 25 players they wish to nominate for selection, sanctioned that submission and then fined them £25k for 11 of the 25 players that the FA themselves said was perfectly fine to choose from only a couple of months previously.

Other factors to include are that it was early on in the season, and therefore not having a massive impact on the outcome of finishing positions plus they weren't exactly beaten off the park by Villa - they narrowly lost 3-2.

Someone made the presumably humourous point that we should be fined for fielding Perch but in all honesty, how is that different to Blackpool's situation when it's not abundantly clear the reasons for coming to the conclusion they did?

It stinks to high heaven and I'll be amazed if they don't appeal. 99% of football fans around the country will side with them too.

Villa should also be fined an equal amount for only just beating a team that was apparently so bad it was illegal.

Exactly, it was a last minute winner. If Blackpool had've won then would they have been fined?

I think Holloway actually said he'd offer his resignation, which he knows won't be accepted by the chairman. Wrong decision like imo, but not a surprise after Wolves last season.

Shackbleep's point about the FA sanctioning the 25 players then fining them for using 11 of them is class btw.

Also the 11 picked were professional football players of Blackpool F.C surely they can use them when they want too.