Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

Money ? Loyalty/Everything else

Words mean nothing, 2 perfect examples in Bent and Carroll.

Indeed, very few players left now who aren't arseholes. Only differences here sadly is that whilst we got a alot more money than you did for Bent, you'll end up spending more and better than us most likely.

Probably. Interesting to see who you replace him with in the summer. You have to bare in mind now as well that everyone in the world knows you've got £40m spare, you'll be held at ransom by everyone.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Carroll's been forced into putting a transfer request. I think that a month ago he wouldn't have dreamt that Liverpool would have tried to sign him. I think once he found out they were interested in him, he found out that he could double his wage, and all the rest of it, he very probably WANTED to go.

But I think the club have then said to his agent "He wants to go, we want the money. Just see if you can talk him into handing in a request for damage limitation purposes from our point of view."

And honestly it would be a piece of piss to talk him into it, I reckon.

You only have to read the order of events being played out in this thread to see that it was choreographed.

£35m bid rejected.

Transfer bid accepted.

£35m bid accepted.

In the space of 20 minutes. He wasn't forced into doing anything, but the claim that it was the transfer request that forced the deal through is a a fucking stitch-up man.

Fair post, I don't think "forced into it" was fundamentally what I meant.

Influenced by the club? Yes, I could see that.

Not for a minute do I honestly think he desperately wants to stay and is only going because he was somehow made to hand in a request.

Neither do I. I think he wanted to go. And honestly, I don't fucking blame him. He knows there's a ceiling on wages here, and that he'll have his work cut out negotiating contracts etc. And what's that? Fucking Liverpool will double my wage tomorrow?! (I wouldn't be surprised if they've more than doubled his money) And I get a cut of this fucking ludicrous transfer fee too?

You can't blame him for wanting to go man. We are going nowhere under this bloke. Don't forget it's only a month or two ago that these twats completely destabilised the club by sacking the manager for no good reason and replaced him with one that's mediocre at best.

If I was Andy Carroll's adviser, I couldn't do anything other than tell him to GTFO of Newcastle.

Anyone else feel Carroll has been a victim of his own hype?

He's good, but he's not that good to be fair.

I'd love that to be true, but sadly i've rated him for a long time, though didn't see this meteoric a rise, and i think he will go on to do the business for years to come, hope not though!

Yep. :jesuswept:

Let's hope his thigh injury gives him as much grief as Woodgate's did.

Oh aye, I hope he's fucking shit for them. I hope he goes off the rails completely, is out on the piss constantly and his career disappears down the drain.

But I still can't really blame him for wanting to go.

I'd love that to be true, but sadly i've rated him for a long time, though didn't see this meteoric a rise, and i think he will go on to do the business for years to come, hope not though!

Well you look at that transfer list and the names he's surrounded by and in terms of ability he doesn't really come near most of them, not yet anyway.

Let's hope his thigh injury gives him as much grief as Woodgate's did.

Fingers crossed, and aye I'm bitter as fuck now :jesuswept: . He'll no doubt get in trouble with the local scum bags down there in all.

Well, if you can't expect loyalty from a local lad who we have stuck by threw several altercations with the law, then who can you expect loyalty from?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from Carroll to put a transfer request in this late on in the window - especially as it appears he's strung us along with his "wanting to stay" speeches this January.

I hope he is a massive failure at Liverpool and his career nose dives from here.

I may sound bitter, but to be honest with you, I am.

Footballers are all the same, we had similar with Bent claiming he loved the north east and wanted to be regarded higher at Sunderland than even Kevin Phillips, then come January his head gets turned, he hands in a transfer request and fucks off to Villa.

I bet you Carroll's agent played a part in the transfer request.

Something about this guy just irritates me.

http://twitter.com/jack_wilshere

Andy Carrol will be a great player for Liverpool and England #fact

Reminds me how long it took us to get an England international playing for us (even longer if you forget Owen). I can't be the only one who feels a sense of pride in seeing our players get international call-ups.

I don't think Carroll's been forced into putting a transfer request. I think that a month ago he wouldn't have dreamt that Liverpool would have tried to sign him. I think once he found out they were interested in him, he found out that he could double his wage, and all the rest of it, he very probably WANTED to go.

But I think the club have then said to his agent "He wants to go, we want the money. Just see if you can talk him into handing in a request for damage limitation purposes from our point of view."

You only have to read the order of events being played out in this thread to see that it was choreographed.

£35m bid rejected.

Transfer bid accepted.

£35m bid accepted.

In the space of 20 minutes. He wasn't forced into doing anything, but the claim that it was the transfer request that forced the deal through is a a fucking stitch-up man.

Not for a minute do I honestly think he desperately wants to stay and is only going because he was somehow made to hand in a request.

Neither do I. I think he wanted to go. And honestly, I don't fucking blame him. He knows there's a ceiling on wages here, and that he'll have his work cut out negotiating contracts etc. And what's that? Fucking Liverpool will double my wage tomorrow?! (I wouldn't be surprised if they've more than doubled his money) And I get a cut of this fucking ludicrous transfer fee too?

You can't blame him for wanting to go man. We are going nowhere under this bloke. Don't forget it's only a month or two ago that these twats completely destabilised the club by sacking the manager for no good reason and replaced him with one that's mediocre at best.

If I was Andy Carroll's adviser, I couldn't do anything other than tell him to GTFO of Newcastle.

This. Immensely, this (and can see the bit with the transfer request). Or fatboy has just been trying to delay it as long as possible so he gets to sit on £35m or whatever and not have to spend it cos its too late in the window to bring anyone else in.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Totally agree. Impossible to knock back £37m for him. It's 2/5ths of our turnover. We won't go down.

Craig made a good point on Twitter, he relies on service to his head lots of the time, and the wps have no out and out wingers.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

£35m bid rejected.

Transfer bid accepted.

£35m bid accepted.

This. Immensely, this (and can see the bit with the transfer request). Or fatboy has just been trying to delay it as long as possible so he gets to sit on £35m or whatever and not have to spend it cos its too late in the window to bring anyone else in.

exactly, which is what a few of us have thought and said. That was the fat mans "plan".

Something about this guy just irritates me.

http://twitter.com/jack_wilshere

Andy Carrol will be a great player for Liverpool and England #fact

Reminds me how long it took us to get an England international playing for us (even longer if you forget Owen). I can't be the only one who feels a sense of pride in seeing our players get international call-ups.

Aye, it was fantastic seeing him scoring regularly, seemingly loving his time here - I was really excited about the future he had playing with us. Now whatever he goes on to achieve will just feel like a kick in the teeth.

Totally agree. Impossible to knock back £37m for him. It's 2/5ths of our turnover. We won't go down.

You're deluded if you think we're safe.

£35m+ is all well and good but ultimately worthless if we lose that sort of money by dropping down a league again.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

£35m+ is all well and good but ultimately worthless if we lose that sort of money by dropping down a league again.

We won't go down, we've played some canny games without Carroll, the West Ham 5-0 for one.

Nee chance you'll go down.

WBA

Wigan

Wolves

WHU

All shit and miles worse off than you.

Nee chance you'll go down.

WBA

Wigan

Wolves

WHU

All shit and miles worse off than you.

You're just listing clubs that start with a W.

Especially since puppet Pard will never see a thin penny of that fee.

£35m bid rejected.

Transfer bid accepted.

£35m bid accepted.

exactly, which is what a few of us have thought and said. That was the fat mans "plan".

Although its a typical sad situation LM, you have to have a laugh at the youngsters on here who think that they know anything about Newcastle, their history and perhaps football in general. Delusional, most of them.