Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

No alternative really

IF you think the game can continue with people paying +++£ 30 mm for a single player and over £ 5mm a year to him in wages then you have to accept only owners who are willing to blow their cash on a vanity project can live at the "top" of the game

Any basic economics show it is not sustainable in the long term

Was I gutted we lost Caroll? Yes

Would I have sold him at that price?? I'd have locked the door and made sure they didn't leave until they signed the cheque

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll never wanted to leave it's a sideways step at best, he's so fuckin thick he'll wake up tomorrow and think what the fuck is going on, what have I done, he's such a fuck up he's on my msn, I swear this is true, he pm'd me and asked me to get him a facebook code number off my phone cos he fuckin had lost his, on my life that is true he's a fuckin charva nobhead, he didn't want to leave, he'll be like a fish out of water. We wake up in the morning, we WILL stay up, but it sums this fuckin club up that there's never been a contingency plan for this, I'd have been delighted with Charlie but what a fuckin swizz, no cunt would accept a bid of £11.5m for their best player when they are threatened with relegation like Wigan are, when there's £50m at stake if they were relegated. Blackpool, the smallest club ever in Premiership history have knocked back 12s for the same reasons, if they can any cunt else can!?!? The fact is am sure yous have mentioned it the neet without looking, FUCKIN SMOKESCREEN, "ah whey at least we've had a gan", I hope no one is fooled. I'm all for this transfer fee on face value, this scummy propaganda, it could get even worse. I seriously think David Craig is on the pay roll, with his obsessive fuckin pish about how they've insisted we'll be big players in the summer.

Patently bollocks. While I'm not defending the move there is no denying that Liverpool are a bigger club than us. And a club who will be ahead of us for many years to come.

You live in Ireland, you are Irish, you will die in Ireland, you are not English, you are not geordie, you never will be, you will never live in England, and you will never live Newcastle or Liverpool. Your Irish roots emphasise your view on football without doubt you will class Rangers and Celtic as big clubs, however nufc.com sum it up.

The Reds currently occupy a smaller ground than us and are watched by smaller average crowds. Big club, my arse, as a well-known Scouser might say. Perhaps they just have more ambitious owners, who did due diligence...

Spot on.

You are a mug and I would like you to pipe down in your Belfast home.

this parochial attitude is very familiar to those of us from capital cities. the backwards, small town inferiority complex makes it very hard for you to view the world objectively. obviously plenty of the smarter people on this forum show how easy it is to break that stereotype, by virtue of strong logic skills, but it's not for everyone.

I think it's commendable that people of superior intelligence like ewerk give you the time to express yourself, where most of us just nod and smile. they appreciate that you at least try so hard, and you should be grateful for that.

it's not unusual for some of us more quotes.gifmodernquotes.gif types to have spent a lot of time and gained a lot of experience of far off lands, a half hour or more by plane! but it's very brave of you to have ventured as far off as the big smoke at your relative age, so you should be proud too.

What an absolute tool, I think it's commendable that I haven't blocked your posts till this point, as you consistently have very little to say, and my point still stands, and to be fair Ewerk almost agreed later on, the major difference between the clubs is ambition and where their owners clearly are prepared to put the club in the future, nothing to do with "SIZE".

just turning your own rhetoric round on you, would have thought that would be obvious, if that's what you were at

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
In a series of texts as the clubs did the deal, he told fanzine editor Steve Wraith: “They have kind of said we don’t want u, but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don’t wanna go.”

Asked what was going on, Carroll replied: “I don’t know mate. Gutted tho. They said they wanted the money. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Don’t want to leave. That’s why I signed five-year deal.”

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liver...l#ixzz1Ch8mHANi

Sounds about right as well. Their propaganda machine is akin to Nazi Germany, it's the lies, deceipt and lack of trust they engender that upsets me the most about this regime. They're close to being scum, I'd respect them much more if they just told the truth. No one likes liars.

In a series of texts as the clubs did the deal, he told fanzine editor Steve Wraith: “They have kind of said we don’t want u, but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don’t wanna go.”

Asked what was going on, Carroll replied: “I don’t know mate. Gutted tho. They said they wanted the money. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Don’t want to leave. That’s why I signed five-year deal.”

Sounds about right as well. Their propaganda machine is akin to Nazi Germany, it's the lies, deceipt and lack of trust they engender that upsets me the most about this regime. They're close to being scum, I'd respect them much more if they just told the truth. No one likes liars.

I've no doubt that those texts are spot on.

You're right like Stevie. If they'd said "We couldn't turn it down, it's too much for a player with only half a season under his belt" then i'd understand. This smokescreen says that they don't understand the Newcastle is a village thing yet.

On a side note, fancy being hated within your home town so much that you'll struggle to return there from that point onwards without getting grief should you decide to go out of an evening... knowing you're despised by people you grew up around who you'd have been able to class as friends... don't think I'd want to do that...

... well, not without getting a hefty amount of cash to compensate :lol:

Beardsley Waddle and Gazza all went in much the same circumstances. A bit of initial anger soon blows over

Similar but not the same. The wages that Carroll was on here were still astronomical compared to most normal people; comparatively speaking, the three you mentioned weren't on anything like that sort of money.

We sold Gazza for £2m. They all left for clubs who had more ambition. They were all already earning more money than most people could dream of, but not as much as they would earn elsewhere. Seems pretty much the same to me, and speaking as somebody who is old enough to have been there it feels pretty much exactly the same as well. I got a text earlier from someone who has lived through this before who said the wheel has now turned full circle. This leaves us much closer to where we were pre Keegan than even the relegation

It's remarkably familiar to when we got rid of Gascoigne IMO. Young player, considered 'England's future' being touted by one club ahead of us on form but ending up signing for another who are currently on a par with us.

For Liverpool 2010 read Spurs 1988 and for Spurs 2010 read Man Utd 1988.

We are now back in the days of McKeag and co. Big difference being that those fuckers literally couldn't afford to keep the likes of Gazza. Ashley could have kept Carroll on the wages he's getting at Liverpool but chose not to.

Andy Carroll will face backlash from 'angry' Newcastle fans

Big Al

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8542...-newcastle-fans

Alan Shearer believes Newcastle’s supporters will be in uproar at the club’s decision to sell striker Andy Carroll to Liverpool.

Carroll put the finishing touches to a big-money deal taking him to Anfield on Monday night, effectively as replacement for Chelsea-bound Fernando Torres.

Shearer recognised the offer for Carroll, thought to be around £35million, was difficult to turn down. But the Newcastle legend believes fans will nevertheless be fuming about the deal. ‘I think they’ll be angry. They’ll feel hard done by. He’s just recently signed a new contract,’ said the legendary No.9.

‘And after listening to Andy say he wants to stay at Newcastle, and listening to the chief executive and the owner and the manager saying he was going nowhere, I think they’ll be disappointed.

‘But from the club’s point of view, you’ve got to say that £35m, or whatever it is, is just a massive amount of money.

‘If you’re inside the football club you can see why they’ve had to accept that.’

Shearer was surprised by the deal, saying: ‘I think it’s an incredible amount of money for a guy that’s had half a season in the Premier League, albeit he’s done very well.

‘The potential is there, he’s now a full international, but it’s an incredible amount of money.’

Shearer suggested Carroll has ‘carried the team at times on his own’ at Newcastle this season, adding: ‘There’s no doubt they’ll miss him.’

The former England striker, who played under Reds manager Kenny Dalglish in Blackburn’s Premier League-winning team, believes the Scot will make the best of Carroll’s ability.

‘He’s going to a club that has to win trophies, is expected to win trophies,’ he added.

‘He’s going there with a great manager who I’m sure will get the very best out of him.’

he won't give a fuck, and quite right too. Small time parochial attitudes, why should he care ? There is only one winner here, and that is Liverpool. While we have signalled our intention to concede ourselves to be an inferior 2nd rate club again, they have signalled their intention to get back among the winners. If you want to win, you gamble and take chances.

Liverpool have sold Torres to Chelsea - trust me they wont be celebrating. Buying a target man when they have sh*te wingers is a bad move for them.

They needed midfielders. Lucas is awful.

They'll sort that one when Ashley Young goes there in the summer IMO. :lol:

On a side note, fancy being hated within your home town so much that you'll struggle to return there from that point onwards without getting grief should you decide to go out of an evening... knowing you're despised by people you grew up around who you'd have been able to class as friends... don't think I'd want to do that...

... well, not without getting a hefty amount of cash to compensate :lol:

Beardsley Waddle and Gazza all went in much the same circumstances. A bit of initial anger soon blows over

Similar but not the same. The wages that Carroll was on here were still astronomical compared to most normal people; comparatively speaking, the three you mentioned weren't on anything like that sort of money.

We sold Gazza for £2m. They all left for clubs who had more ambition. They were all already earning more money than most people could dream of, but not as much as they would earn elsewhere. Seems pretty much the same to me, and speaking as somebody who is old enough to have been there it feels pretty much exactly the same as well. I got a text earlier from someone who has lived through this before who said the wheel has now turned full circle. This leaves us much closer to where we were pre Keegan than even the relegation

It's remarkably familiar to when we got rid of Gascoigne IMO. Young player, considered 'England's future' being touted by one club ahead of us on form but ending up signing for another who are currently on a par with us.

For Liverpool 2010 read Spurs 1988 and for Spurs 2010 read Man Utd 1988.

We are now back in the days of McKeag and co. Big difference being that those fuckers literally couldn't afford to keep the likes of Gazza. Ashley could have kept Carroll on the wages he's getting at Liverpool but chose not to.

That's not true like Shack, his first contract at Spurs was £2,500 a week, he was offered £3,000 to stay, the reason he left was utter lack of ambition, whereas Spurs had a good side, and splashed out another £2m on Paul Stewart.

I've no doubt that those texts are spot on.

You're right like Stevie. If they'd said "We couldn't turn it down, it's too much for a player with only half a season under his belt" then i'd understand. This smokescreen says that they don't understand the Newcastle is a village thing yet.

Absolutely correct. If I was a fan of another club who understood the politics of the NUFC and the city, I'd be having a right old laugh, at the comedy club they have created. Just when you think they can't be any more classless they outdo themselves. Why can't we just have the transparency of a club like Arsenal?

Alan Pardew can’t play a cheque for £35million up front.

Newcastle United can’t cheer and celebrate because the club’s bank balance suddenly looks very healthy.

Good business, people keep saying? Too good to turn down.

Try telling that to the fans who listened to Pardew sooth their fears with denial after denial that Andy Carroll would be sold.

Tell it to the kids Newcastle sold Carroll No9 shirts to at Christmas on the promise that he was the figurehead of the future.

“Andy stays,” Pardew said on December 9. “His future was top of my agenda in talking about this job.”

Then: “We have a big club mentality, and will hold on to our best players,” said Pardew on December 21.

There’s more: “Andy is not for sale. I can’t say strong enough that Andy will not leave this window.” Pardew, January 6.

So let’s nail this one, once and for all. Pardew on January 16: “They can put together whatever they like. He is not for sale. I am going to say it one last time, he is not for sale.”

Pardew is understood to be furious that Carroll has been sold. Understandably. Not a quitting moment, but certainly unhappy.

He put his credibility and power as the newly installed boss at St James’ Park on the line in making those declarations.

Credibility, trust, power, influence? All currency a new boss needs to show. Plus the ability to influence Mike Ashley. All gone, and he’s been in charge two months.

Once again Newcastle have a puppet, powerless manager at the mercy of a regime who have made a giant declaration by caving in, and flogging their prize asset.

Newcastle is now a selling club, like they were in the 1980s when Peter Beardsley, Paul Gascoigne and Chris Waddle were peddled to the highest bidders rather than forming the nucleus of a team.

Newcastle are now officially a club with down-graded ambition. They unearthed an uncut diamond in Carroll, on the pitch at least, and cashed in last night with five hours to spend the cash and find a new striker.

Whoever the replacement, they won’t be an England international with huge potential, who loved being the No9 for his hometown club.

For Newcastle the Carroll deal is about more than an inflated fee, and the theory that many will argue, was too good to turn down.

Newcastle have shown they are now a club happy just to survive in the top flight and keep the Sky TV cash flowing. Groom youngsters, flog on for a profit. Mid-table, at best, will do nicely for us.

How long will 50,000 gates be sustained if that is dream destination?

A crack at Europe again? Grabbing the tails of the big five? Not likely.

Ashley has taken a calculated gamble. Bank £35 million now. Take the January 31 panic premium. Take the English player premium.

Add in the calculation that Carroll is injured . And that Newcastle have 30 points, close to being safe from relegation.

Maybe it will work in the short run. Newcastle should be well capable of staying up. Then maybe the entire profit will be reinvested in a host of players in the summer leaving Pardew’s squad rejuvenated and stronger? We shall see.

It is 15 years since Newcastle broke the transfer record by signing a Geordie No9 in Alan Shearer. Now they break records by sending their best players out of the door.

Simon Bird telling it like it is :lol:

Newcastle United can’t cheer and celebrate because the club’s bank balance suddenly looks very healthy.

Try telling that to the fans who listened to Pardew sooth their fears with denial after denial that Andy Carroll would be sold.

Tell it to the kids Newcastle sold Carroll No9 shirts to at Christmas on the promise that he was the figurehead of the future.

“Andy stays,” Pardew said on December 9. “His future was top of my agenda in talking about this job.”

Then: “We have a big club mentality, and will hold on to our best players,” said Pardew on December 21.

There’s more: “Andy is not for sale. I can’t say strong enough that Andy will not leave this window.” Pardew, January 6.

So let’s nail this one, once and for all. Pardew on January 16: “They can put together whatever they like. He is not for sale. I am going to say it one last time, he is not for sale.”

Pardew is understood to be furious that Carroll has been sold. Understandably. Not a quitting moment, but certainly unhappy.

He put his credibility and power as the newly installed boss at St James’ Park on the line in making those declarations.

Credibility, trust, power, influence? All currency a new boss needs to show. Plus the ability to influence Mike Ashley. All gone, and he’s been in charge two months.

Once again Newcastle have a puppet, powerless manager at the mercy of a regime who have made a giant declaration by caving in, and flogging their prize asset.

Newcastle is now a selling club, like they were in the 1980s when Peter Beardsley, Paul Gascoigne and Chris Waddle were peddled to the highest bidders rather than forming the nucleus of a team.

Newcastle are now officially a club with down-graded ambition. They unearthed an uncut diamond in Carroll, on the pitch at least, and cashed in last night with five hours to spend the cash and find a new striker.

Whoever the replacement, they won’t be an England international with huge potential, who loved being the No9 for his hometown club.

For Newcastle the Carroll deal is about more than an inflated fee, and the theory that many will argue, was too good to turn down.

Newcastle have shown they are now a club happy just to survive in the top flight and keep the Sky TV cash flowing. Groom youngsters, flog on for a profit. Mid-table, at best, will do nicely for us.

Ashley has taken a calculated gamble. Bank £35 million now. Take the January 31 panic premium. Take the English player premium.

Add in the calculation that Carroll is injured . And that Newcastle have 30 points, close to being safe from relegation.

Maybe it will work in the short run. Newcastle should be well capable of staying up. Then maybe the entire profit will be reinvested in a host of players in the summer leaving Pardew’s squad rejuvenated and stronger? We shall see.

It is 15 years since Newcastle broke the transfer record by signing a Geordie No9 in Alan Shearer. Now they break records by sending their best players out of the door.

I think that's spot on. Simon Bird might'nt be everyones cup of tea but he wears his heart on his sleeve and tells it hows he sees, in this case he's fucking bang on.

I think that's spot on. Simon Bird might'nt be everyones cup of tea but he wears his heart on his sleeve and tells it hows he sees, in this case he's fucking bang on.

Bird is a great lad, I know him, he's just like me or you writing in a national paper, I've known him for 16 years top lad and talks sense.

Bird is a great lad, I know him, he's just like me or you writing in a national paper, I've known him for 16 years top lad and talks sense.

He came to one of the NUSC meetings in the early days and when a few wanted to have a pop at him he held his own and talked a lot of sense. Obviously a proper Newcastle fan whos as pissed off as the rest of us.

Andy Carroll will face backlash from 'angry' Newcastle fans

Big Al

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8542...-newcastle-fans

Alan Shearer believes Newcastle’s supporters will be in uproar at the club’s decision to sell striker Andy Carroll to Liverpool.

Carroll put the finishing touches to a big-money deal taking him to Anfield on Monday night, effectively as replacement for Chelsea-bound Fernando Torres.

Shearer recognised the offer for Carroll, thought to be around £35million, was difficult to turn down. But the Newcastle legend believes fans will nevertheless be fuming about the deal. ‘I think they’ll be angry. They’ll feel hard done by. He’s just recently signed a new contract,’ said the legendary No.9.

‘And after listening to Andy say he wants to stay at Newcastle, and listening to the chief executive and the owner and the manager saying he was going nowhere, I think they’ll be disappointed.

‘But from the club’s point of view, you’ve got to say that £35m, or whatever it is, is just a massive amount of money.

‘If you’re inside the football club you can see why they’ve had to accept that.’

Shearer was surprised by the deal, saying: ‘I think it’s an incredible amount of money for a guy that’s had half a season in the Premier League, albeit he’s done very well.

‘The potential is there, he’s now a full international, but it’s an incredible amount of money.’

Shearer suggested Carroll has ‘carried the team at times on his own’ at Newcastle this season, adding: ‘There’s no doubt they’ll miss him.’

The former England striker, who played under Reds manager Kenny Dalglish in Blackburn’s Premier League-winning team, believes the Scot will make the best of Carroll’s ability.

‘He’s going to a club that has to win trophies, is expected to win trophies,’ he added.

‘He’s going there with a great manager who I’m sure will get the very best out of him.’

he won't give a fuck, and quite right too. Small time parochial attitudes, why should he care ? There is only one winner here, and that is Liverpool. While we have signalled our intention to concede ourselves to be an inferior 2nd rate club again, they have signalled their intention to get back among the winners. If you want to win, you gamble and take chances.

Liverpool have sold Torres to Chelsea - trust me they wont be celebrating. Buying a target man when they have sh*te wingers is a bad move for them.

They needed midfielders. Lucas is awful.

its the start of a rebuilding process, but they won't need to get relegated to do it :lol:

Might or might not succeed for them, but they will bring quality players to the club [in their managers opinion, and pay the price if they have to], which is the only way to do it really.

Dalglish will obviously bring in players to play to Carroll's strength. They're looking at the bigger picture and planning for the long-term.

Fucking spot on that like.

At the end of the day it is a combination of both the clubs fault and also Carroll's. I do have to say that in my opinion it is more the clubs fault then Carroll's. They could easily turn down any offer that came in for him and tell everyone to fuck off, but with them accepting a bid, it indicates to Carroll that he is unwanted and that would indicate to him that they want him to go. Carroll on the other hand, if he loves the club so much, if he says its a dream to wear the No9 shirt and all that shit, why didnt he just turn around and tell Liverpool to fuck off. Both as bad as the other.

At the end of the day it is a combination of both the clubs fault and also Carroll's. I do have to say that in my opinion it is more the clubs fault then Carroll's. They could easily turn down any offer that came in for him and tell everyone to fuck off, but with them accepting a bid, it indicates to Carroll that he is unwanted and that would indicate to him that they want him to go. Carroll on the other hand, if he loves the club so much, if he says its a dream to wear the No9 shirt and all that shit, why didnt he just turn around and tell Liverpool to fuck off. Both as bad as the other.

Good post, like I mentioned in another thread all this back and forth between Carroll and the club is embarrassing neither can entirely blame the other. Like you've said if his talk of wanting to be the no9 for us for years etc was all true he'd have never went to Liverpool he was on a 5 year deal with us and could stay whether Ashley liked it or not but he wanted the money + liked Liverpool's ambition and he's went. We all know the type of spineless man Ashley is so him wanting to cash in is hardly a suprise.

His hair band proves he is a pleb, Carroll Carroll,

I'll never leave the Toon he said Carroll Carroll,

They bought the lad from Tyne and Wear,

His long hair makes him look a queer,

Andy Carroll's Liverpool's number 9

His hair band proves he is a pleb, Carroll Carroll,

I'll never leave the Toon he said Carroll Carroll,

They bought the lad from Tyne and Wear,

His long hair makes him look a queer,

Andy Carroll's Liverpool's number 9

not bad

Does no one else reckon its been done since day one? I've said it all along, Ashley will make Spurs wait until the last day of the window so we can't buy a replacement, Spurs have said ''ok'' but on the proviso that he doesn't play for NUFC again. Hence the trips to London, Dubai, Switzerland etc.

No.

Fucking hell, mongtastic today.

If you cant see that's a trick that Ashley would pull then you're the only mong mate

I'll bet you if you want snitchboy.

you lost. Predictably.

Edited by LeazesMag