Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, in essence, Mike Ashley still has 40m quid - or most of it - from the sale of Carroll and Nolan to give to his manager to improve the team with, having sold those 2 players ?

This would appear to be the case.

I think we are one of the first top division clubs in the last 20 years who are truly living withion our means....with mountains of cash to spare too. If we do manage to stay up next season it will be a small miracle for all the wrong reasons (its more than possible if key players stay fit for most of the season iyam) and will only encourage Ashley to attempt to continue treading water for the next decade or so. Is this why ST prices have been frozen for 10 years?... :o

Apart from Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd, etc etc

So, in essence, Mike Ashley still has 40m quid - or most of it - from the sale of Carroll and Nolan to give to his manager to improve the team with, having sold those 2 players ?

I think we are one of the first top division clubs in the last 20 years who are truly living withion our means....with mountains of cash to spare too. If we do manage to stay up next season it will be a small miracle for all the wrong reasons (its more than possible if key players stay fit for most of the season iyam) and will only encourage Ashley to attempt to continue treading water for the next decade or so. Is this why ST prices have been frozen for 10 years?... :o

Do those clubs also have mountains of spare cash as well? (Which was part of the point Paddocklad was making, I think?)

Do those clubs also have mountains of spare cash as well? (Which was part of the point Paddocklad was making, I think?)

have Spurs always had more "spare cash" than us ? Wasn't there a period where we were selling players to them and they were languishing in no mans land while we were near the top of the premiership rather than the other way round ?

.com

Barely a week ago, Pardew told reporters that:

"I think Joey will be here (next season). He's said all along he wants to stay and I want him to stay so there's no conflict. His contract may get resolved but probably not until it runs out.”

And by Friday, the return of Joey was being actively talked up, Pardew labeling him as a "technician" and "creative force" who would bring out the best in Demba Ba. At this rate there's really no point in him speaking..

Its at a stage where everyone must finally realise that Pardew has absolutely no-say in the goings on at the club. How anyone can believe a word that comes out of his mouth or the club is beyond me. If he had any self respect he'd tell the pricks in charge where to stick their job.

N-O is painful to read this afternoon. So many fuckwits completely unwilling to entertain the idea that maybe, just maybe, this entire situation was exacerbated by the club and the people in charge.

N-O is painful to read this afternoon. So many fuckwits completely unwilling to entertain the idea that maybe, just maybe, this entire situation was exacerbated by the club and the people in charge.

It's like a fucking parallel universe at times, that place.