Andy Carroll aftermath(press conf/interviews etc)

Barney

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he did try to renegotiate his contract a few months in then it would have been nuts for the club to do so, it would set a dangerous precedence. After sleeping on it we have got a lot for a relativly inexperienced player but leaving us perously thin on the ground. We are going to have to hope we see quite a bit more of the chicken dance to ensure safety.

The rebuilding should start now, Enrique,Barton,Ben Arfa,Colo,Tiote and then build around these. Planning from now and no panic buying or token big names. IF this starts then I will be relatively happy.

I don't buy thgat either mind.

It would only sert a precedent for players getting their market worth. If Taylor or Ameobi tried it we'd pack their bags for them.

Or players who were subject to ridiculously high offers. Most people, a few weeks ago, would have said 35m for AC would be mental. He was happy,signed a contract and openly admitted to wanting to stay. One word, greed.

He's got 10 years or something to make as much money as he can, then 50 years to spend it. He's a thick fuck who won't be getting any punditry work. I'd have no problem with him moving for monetary reasons. What makes him a twat is getting Chez's hopes up with all his press releases before christmas when he knew NUFC have a wage structure they won't break. He came out with this crap knowing he'd jump at the chance to move somewhere that will pay him more.

This bollocks about wanting to stay and being gutted is pathetic.

Barton took a pay cut to stay with a club he felt he owed as it (fans more than anything) had stood by him (on the whole) through troubling times.

The club has given Carroll everything he has, turned him from a decidedly iffy left-back into the countries most exciting young striker and stood by him through troubling times.

I cant lay all of this at Carroll's door, it defies logic to do so and if he flops at Liverpool i'd have him back in a flash.

According to the latest from the press, Carroll didn't want to leave until he had a meeting with his agent:

Carroll's agent used charts and graphs with bright colours to display the amount of jagerbombs Carroll could buy with his new contract at liverpool. Seeing this, he hobbled, his thigh throbbing, through Newcastle and smashed Mike Ashley's office door down with his crutches. Andy then handed in his transfer request personally, written in crayon on a piece of cardboard from a pack of stella. Ashley did not want to sell and sent in Steven 'proud to be a geordie' Taylor to wrestle and subdue Carroll, but Taylor ran screaming headfirst into a wall as he began his attack and dislocated his jaw. Seeing that he could not risk any more casualties in the squad, Ashley reluctantly agreed to sell.

For those of you not fed up with this story already, sky have video interview with Pardew here.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6716633,00.html

Body language experts can feast over every move. He starts / or the video is edited to start.....from a point where he is scratching his nose.

Classic lying body language or an itchy nose. :D

If he did try to renegotiate his contract a few months in then it would have been nuts for the club to do so, it would set a dangerous precedence. After sleeping on it we have got a lot for a relativly inexperienced player but leaving us perously thin on the ground. We are going to have to hope we see quite a bit more of the chicken dance to ensure safety.

The rebuilding should start now, Enrique,Barton,Ben Arfa,Colo,Tiote and then build around these. Planning from now and no panic buying or token big names. IF this starts then I will be relatively happy.

I don't buy thgat either mind.

It would only sert a precedent for players getting their market worth. If Taylor or Ameobi tried it we'd pack their bags for them.

Or players who were subject to ridiculously high offers. Most people, a few weeks ago, would have said 35m for AC would be mental. He was happy,signed a contract and openly admitted to wanting to stay. One word, greed.

He's got 10 years or something to make as much money as he can, then 50 years to spend it. He's a thick fuck who won't be getting any punditry work. I'd have no problem with him moving for monetary reasons. What makes him a twat is getting Chez's hopes up with all his press releases before christmas when he knew NUFC have a wage structure they won't break. He came out with this crap knowing he'd jump at the chance to move somewhere that will pay him more.

This bollocks about wanting to stay and being gutted is pathetic.

Barton took a pay cut to stay with a club he felt he owed as it (fans more than anything) had stood by him (on the whole) through troubling times.

The club has given Carroll everything he has, turned him from a decidedly iffy left-back into the countries most exciting young striker and stood by him through troubling times.

I cant lay all of this at Carroll's door, it defies logic to do so and if he flops at Liverpool i'd have him back in a flash.

If any other club in the league were actually willing to match Barton's wages it might be pertinent. :D

I'd love to see him do a Robbie Keane though and come back for half the wedge in the Summer without having played against us.

Edited by Happy Face

According to the latest from the press, Carroll didn't want to leave until he had a meeting with his agent:

Carroll's agent used charts and graphs with bright colours to display the amount of jagerbombs Carroll could buy with his new contract at liverpool. Seeing this, he hobbled, his thigh throbbing, through Newcastle and smashed Mike Ashley's office door down with his crutches. Andy then handed in his transfer request personally, written in crayon on a piece of cardboard from a pack of stella. Ashley did not want to sell and sent in Steven 'proud to be a geordie' Taylor to wrestle and subdue Carroll, but Taylor ran screaming headfirst into a wall as he began his attack and dislocated his jaw. Seeing that he could not risk any more casualties in the squad, Ashley reluctantly agreed to sell.

:D

he is hardly going to do anything other than tow the line is he?

New club, new manager, new team mates, new fans...has to fit in.

Anyone who expected him to say anything other than that in his first Liverpool interview is deluded.

what is tragic is that they are a big club compared to us and this transfer underlines that in the most painful way.

Sweet carroll 9 duh duh duh (to the tune of sweet caroline)

Hes big, hes red, he'll twat you in the head, carroll, carroll

Hes big, hes red, hes got a greasy head carroll, carroll

:D You wouldn't shut up about how shit he was not so long ago.

I heard that he will have ROLL 9 on the back of his shirt because you cunts have already nicked the CAR.

I heard that he will have ROLL 9 on the back of his shirt because you cunts have already nicked the CAR.

:D Class

he is hardly going to do anything other than tow the line is he?

New club, new manager, new team mates, new fans...has to fit in.

Anyone who expected him to say anything other than that in his first Liverpool interview is deluded.

what is tragic is that they are a big club compared to us and this transfer underlines that in the most painful way.

the annoying thing is we could compete with them if we had the right owner.

From newsthump.com:

Andy Carroll’s agent hospitalised after wanking himself into a coma

The agent of Premier League footballer Andy Carroll is in hospital after slipping into coma as a result of excessive masturbation following Carroll’s £35m transfer to Liverpool.

A hospital spokesperson confirmed that a man was admitted late last night and is currently in a serious but stable condition.

His doctor told us, “We can confirm that we are currently treating a man who is in a coma brought about by ferocious masturbation.”

“There’s also very little we can do about the fixed grin, and despite being heavily sedated he has been mumbling ‘ten percent, ten percent’ over and over again since his arrival.”

“Surgeons have successfully removed his hand from his penis, but we are preparing his wife for the possibility that the erection will be permanent.”

Andy Carroll’s agent quite happy

The hospitalisation is a swift turnaround for the agent, who just six months ago believed his job for the next few years would mainly entail sneaking copies of Shoot! magazine into the local prison.

The agent’s PA told reporters that the warning signs started to manifest as soon as word of the initial bid reached the agent’s office.

She said, “He started to get an erection as soon as the £30m bid came in, and there was no danger of that subsiding despite Newcastle rejecting it. He was pinned to the desk all morning.”

“When the £35m bid came in his hands were straight down his trousers, and when the deal was completed, well, he was pretty much a blur from that point on.”

You wouldn't shut up about how shit he was not so long ago.

Someone said hes worth 35 mill and I disagreed. Still dont think hes worth 35 mill when hes unproved at international and European level. Hes still unproved at Prem level. Hes only played half a season. All this will change if he bangs in a few goals. Many Liverpool fans agree