Andy Carroll aftermath(press conf/interviews etc)

Barney

"Andy Carroll has admitted that joining Liverpool was a massive opportunity that he had to take.

The 22-year-old took part in his first training session for the Reds on Tuesday with the opportunity to meet his new team-mates for the first time.

After a whirlwind 24 hours resulting in a £35million transfer, the record-breaking forward will now concentrate on regaining match-fitness before debuting for his new employers.

Despite claiming that he was forced out at Newcastle and did not want to leave the club, the highly-rated striker admitted he now has a massive opportunity.

"When I knew [Liverpool's interest] was real and that there was a chance for me to come here I knew it was a great opportunity and I had to take it," Carroll told the club's official website.

"Liverpool is a big club which is going places and this is a chance to show what I can do. What I did at Newcastle has got me here and now I have to carry it on with Liverpool.

"It's a great feeling. The No.9 is a big number and the one I wanted. To get it at Liverpool is a great feeling.

"Liverpool is a massive club and it's nice to be wanted by a club like this, never mind turning up and being here with everyone around.

"They have spent a lot of money on getting me here and I just want to repay them for what they have spent. I want to win trophies with this club and help push us forward."

Partnership

Carroll is joined at the club by fellow new boy Luis Suarez, a player he admits he is looking forward to linking up with in the Liverpool attack.

"It's going to be great to partner with him. He's a great player but I'm looking forward to playing with all the lads," he added.

"I just need to get myself fit and then look forward to my debut. I'm just working in the gym at the moment and hopefully will start running soon. I just want to get started." "

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Andy Carroll has admitted that joining Liverpool was a massive opportunity that he had to take.

The 22-year-old took part in his first training session for the Reds on Tuesday with the opportunity to meet his new team-mates for the first time.

After a whirlwind 24 hours resulting in a £35million transfer, the record-breaking forward will now concentrate on regaining match-fitness before debuting for his new employers.

Despite claiming that he was forced out at Newcastle and did not want to leave the club, the highly-rated striker admitted he now has a massive opportunity.

"When I knew [Liverpool's interest] was real and that there was a chance for me to come here I knew it was a great opportunity and I had to take it," Carroll told the club's official website.

"Liverpool is a big club which is going places and this is a chance to show what I can do. What I did at Newcastle has got me here and now I have to carry it on with Liverpool.

"It's a great feeling. The No.9 is a big number and the one I wanted. To get it at Liverpool is a great feeling.

"Liverpool is a massive club and it's nice to be wanted by a club like this, never mind turning up and being here with everyone around.

"They have spent a lot of money on getting me here and I just want to repay them for what they have spent. I want to win trophies with this club and help push us forward."

Partnership

Carroll is joined at the club by fellow new boy Luis Suarez, a player he admits he is looking forward to linking up with in the Liverpool attack.

"It's going to be great to partner with him. He's a great player but I'm looking forward to playing with all the lads," he added.

"I just need to get myself fit and then look forward to my debut. I'm just working in the gym at the moment and hopefully will start running soon. I just want to get started." "

That has to be scripted :D:razz::lol:

If Ashley was that upset about Carroll's transfer request why was his helicopter fuelled and ready hours before the window closed?

Cause apparently it never has fuel in it, it flies on pixie wings and sucks on the dreams of little children.

Signed his new contract at the beginning of the season. Has since been given the no.9 shirt, been our player of the season so far, had an England call up and been offered mega bucks by Spurs and Liverpool. There's not an agent in the world wouldn't use that to try and negotiate a new deal btw.

Guest Your Name Here
Asking for a new contract so quickly was just a ploy by Carroll and his agent to get away. That's it basically. MA for all his faults has put a sensible structure in place and we have to stick to it. Spurs missed out on a few players a few years back but in the long run they have been rewarded.

He’s put a structure in place for running the club on the cheap so he can claw back the money he’s loaned it to hide the real cost of his many mistakes. It amazes me that after all that’s gone on over the last three years anyone can’t see what pigs ear he’s made of everything.

Oh he's made a pigs lug of it alright, but it was a pigs ball sack when he bought it.

Aye, and Ashley paid £135m for it. His first mistake and one the supporters are paying the price for, and will continue paying for a long time.

Edited by Your Name Here

Why does Pardoo say that he's been 'assured' that all the money will be spent in the summer? He was saying he was 'assured' Carroll wasn't going to be sold a month ago. Has he not realised that an ashley/dekka assurance isn't worth shit yet?

He doesn't think it's a contradictory statement because he's told us that he was part of the decision making deciding accept the transfer request/bid :D

go read ssn about carroll relishing the chance for reds. He's fucking scum that boy. A discrace. I was angry with him last night, and this morning, but hate him more now than De Jong, Diouf, Sunderland. Speaks about how proud he is to get the No 9 at Liverpool, how the chance to move to Liverpool was too good to turn down. But you said you were forced out and didnt want to leave?? Confused.com. I hope Stevie G has his cock up your missus's arse right now!

fucking traitor

oh rubbish.

Asking for a new contract so quickly was just a ploy by Carroll and his agent to get away. That's it basically. MA for all his faults has put a sensible structure in place and we have to stick to it. Spurs missed out on a few players a few years back but in the long run they have been rewarded.

He’s put a structure in place for running the club on the cheap so he can claw back the money he’s loaned it to hide the real cost of his many mistakes. It amazes me that after all that’s gone on over the last three years anyone can’t see what pigs ear he’s made of everything.

Oh he's made a pigs lug of it alright, but it was a pigs ball sack when he bought it.

crap

crap

It's the truth, as it was the club was unsustainable, FFS would have had us in Administration by now.

Don't bother replying because I aint getting into this with you again.

Edited by Toonpack

crap

It's the truth, as it was the club was unsustainable, FFS would have had us in Administration by now.

Don't bother replying because I aint getting into this with you again.

Good luck with that...! :D

crap

rubbish

Mike Ashley if he stays long enough, will leave us a lot closer to administration, when crowds are down to 20,000 again like they were before the previous regime attracted the crowds back again, the same regime who saved us from administration and the 3rd division as it happens, if you know your history of the club. Do you ?

Edited by LeazesMag

yea this is our new year present sell carroll it was ashleys ploy all along and guess what all the geordies sit on there arses and do nothing about it like always i think its time we stood up for our club

yea this is our new year present sell carroll it was ashleys ploy all along and guess what all the geordies sit on there arses and do nothing about it like always i think its time we stood up for our club

All too soft in the head mate. They're all like "Ashley could spend wor ticket money on a puppy maiming factory and i'd still gan to the games". Probably the reason he bought us. I bet a lot of other clubs would be rid of him by now.

they stand up in level 7 every home game

All too soft in the head mate. They're all like "Ashley could spend wor ticket money on a puppy maiming factory and i'd still gan to the games". Probably the reason he bought us. I bet a lot of other clubs would be rid of him by now.

are you posting in the wrong forum ?