Andy Carroll aftermath(press conf/interviews etc)

Barney

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew: the mood here is not great. We've lost a friend and a good player. There's disillusionment in everyone here. You can't hide that.

He needs to listen to the theme tune off the Golden Girls.

You a fucking typist :D

:razz:

I'm not going to waste anyone's time cursing and blinding over what a terrible decision this was, what a pack of lies we've been fed, what a terrible owner Ashley is and how he doesn't have the club's best interests at heart, etc etc. It's been done to death already on this board. Ashley and his cronies are liars or puppets, end of.

But I would like an Ashley apologist to explain the 10:30pm/10:45 pm bids for N'Zogbia - bids that we had to know would never be accepted, and even had they been, bids for a player who would never have come here, and even had he been inclined to, with whom we would never have agreed personal terms considering he knocked Brum back in the summer and we're apparently on a 35k p/w ceiling or whatever it might be.

Maybe because he put in a transfer request?

Well what he has to say certainly ties in a bit better with my made-up completely dramatised version of events. :D

Not sure if you're taking the piss but your version is convoluted and a bit implausible and mine is based on the influence of agents and him actually handing in a transfer request.

You haven't responded to the 10 minute turnaround on transfer request submission, acceptance, and acceptance of Liverpool's bid hitting their website.

I don't think it's either convoluted or implausible. My version also involves the influence of agents and him actually handing in a transfer request.

As your twitter feed isnt an accurate timeline of real events.

Also, as stated, the rumours from friends etc about him leaving were circulating all morning.

Finally, a deal is done when one word is uttered. If he has been trying to negotiate a new contract 2 months after he has signed one, if there is 40m sitting on a table, the player is angling for a move and talking to a club, when the transfer request comes in it wont take more than a few minutes to decide. So thats accounting for your twitter feed from the training ground and boardroom.

It is implausible, as are Carroll's comments that he was 'forced into a corner' implying but not directly saying 'he was forced into handing a transfer request' something which you claimed he did willingly with a big smile on his face.

I'm not going to waste anyone's time cursing and blinding over what a terrible decision this was, what a pack of lies we've been fed, what a terrible owner Ashley is and how he doesn't have the club's best interests at heart, etc etc. It's been done to death already on this board. Ashley and his cronies are liars or puppets, end of.

But I would like an Ashley apologist to explain the 10:30pm/10:45 pm bids for N'Zogbia - bids that we had to know would never be accepted, and even had they been, bids for a player who would never have come here, and even had he been inclined to, with whom we would never have agreed personal terms considering he knocked Brum back in the summer and we're apparently on a 35k p/w ceiling or whatever it might be.

You shouldn't have much problem finding thm on here. Should be called Sympathistastic.

As much as the club are saying that if Carroll really wanted to stay he'd be still here, surely it's equally true that if they really wanted him to stay he'd be still here?

Exactly.

It's a deal everyone was happy with. Ashley's still a cunt (I had said I'd give him kudos if Carroll was still here in Feb, unfortunately he waved that opportunity), and now carroll's a cunt too. you can't renegotiate your contract every 3 fucking months! He wouldn't be so willing to renegotiate downwards when he goes through an inevitable baron run would he. That's why you have 5 year contracts...unless you're Don fucking Draper.

As much as the club are saying that if Carroll really wanted to stay he'd be still here, surely it's equally true that if they really wanted him to stay he'd be still here?

Exactly.

It's a deal everyone was happy with. Ashley's still a cunt (I had said I'd give him kudos if Carroll was still here in Feb, unfortunately he waved that opportunity), and now carroll's a cunt too. you can't renegotiate your contract every 3 fucking months! He wouldn't be so willing to renegotiate downwards when he goes through an inevitable baron run would he. That's why you have 5 year contracts...unless you're Don fucking Draper.

:D

Exactly.

Good form today.

Exactly.

Nail on the head, it's cringeworthy watching both sides now trying to save face.

Well what he has to say certainly ties in a bit better with my made-up completely dramatised version of events. :D

Not sure if you're taking the piss but your version is convoluted and a bit implausible and mine is based on the influence of agents and him actually handing in a transfer request.

You haven't responded to the 10 minute turnaround on transfer request submission, acceptance, and acceptance of Liverpool's bid hitting their website.

I don't think it's either convoluted or implausible. My version also involves the influence of agents and him actually handing in a transfer request.

Also, as stated, the rumours from friends etc about him leaving were circulating all morning.

Finally, a deal is done when one word is uttered. If he has been trying to negotiate a new contract 2 months after he has signed one, if there is 40m sitting on a table, the player is angling for a move and talking to a club, when the transfer request comes in it wont take more than a few minutes to decide. So thats accounting for your twitter feed from the training ground and boardroom.

It is implausible, as are Carroll's comments that he was 'forced into a corner' implying but not directly saying 'he was forced into handing a transfer request' something which you claimed he did willingly with a big smile on his face.

Aye we'll have to agree to disagree. It's implausible cos I said so isn't gonna cut it.

Aye we'll have to agree to disagree. It's implausible cos I said so isn't gonna cut it.

I've reasoned my argument at every turn so i'll accept the first sentence but not the second.

just rang Santander to close an account, their call centre is in Liverpool and of course I spoke to a red dipper.

He was fairly nonplussed by the signing and irate that Carroll had expressed he hadn't wanted to leave Newcastle. I am pleased to have closed the account and I will now be putting all my money in Northern Rock.

Edited by trophyshy

If he did try to renegotiate his contract a few months in then it would have been nuts for the club to do so, it would set a dangerous precedence. After sleeping on it we have got a lot for a relativly inexperienced player but leaving us perously thin on the ground. We are going to have to hope we see quite a bit more of the chicken dance to ensure safety.

The rebuilding should start now, Enrique,Barton,Ben Arfa,Colo,Tiote and then build around these. Planning from now and no panic buying or token big names. IF this starts then I will be relatively happy.

If he did try to renegotiate his contract a few months in then it would have been nuts for the club to do so, it would set a dangerous precedence. After sleeping on it we have got a lot for a relativly inexperienced player but leaving us perously thin on the ground. We are going to have to hope we see quite a bit more of the chicken dance to ensure safety.

The rebuilding should start now, Enrique,Barton,Ben Arfa,Colo,Tiote and then build around these. Planning from now and no panic buying or token big names. IF this starts then I will be relatively happy.

I don't buy thgat either mind.

It would only sert a precedent for players getting their market worth. If Taylor or Ameobi tried it we'd pack their bags for them.

The contract negotiations were happening a couple of months into the contract because there was an offer elsewhere of much bigger money. The length of time into the contract is irrelevant, his worth was redefined by what LFC were going to be willing to pay him. The Torres deal had been under negotiation for a couple of weeks, so had this one obviously

The club wanted to keep him so were happy to renegotiate until £35m was on the table at which point they told him no new contract, get fucked - so he did.

Maybe the club would have upped his contract if the offer wasn't big enough, maybe it was all a ploy to drive up the price

While I believe Carroll has been a little greedy, (asking for a new contract because Liverpool bid for him) at every stage the club could have said no.

erm, can we have Carrol for £30m, la? No

Can I have a new contract? No

I want to be put on the Transfer list! No

Carroll may have been stroppy for a bit, but he'd get over it. He'd never command this kind of fee ever again, so the temptation to sell wouldn't be the same. We would have weakened a potential rival, if nothing else we'd have dragged them down to our level.

Just gutted. :D

It would only sert a precedent for players getting their market worth. If Taylor or Ameobi tried it we'd pack their bags for them.

Or players who were subject to ridiculously high offers. Most people, a few weeks ago, would have said 35m for AC would be mental. He was happy,signed a contract and openly admitted to wanting to stay. One word, greed.

Or players who were subject to ridiculously high offers. Most people, a few weeks ago, would have said 35m for AC would be mental. He was happy,signed a contract and openly admitted to wanting to stay. One word, greed.

He's got 10 years or something to make as much money as he can, then 50 years to spend it. He's a thick fuck who won't be getting any punditry work. I'd have no problem with him moving for monetary reasons. What makes him a twat is getting Chez's hopes up with all his press releases before christmas when he knew NUFC have a wage structure they won't break. He came out with this crap knowing he'd jump at the chance to move somewhere that will pay him more.

This bollocks about wanting to stay and being gutted is pathetic.

Edited by Happy Face