Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Brad Inman scored for Crewe today. Dummet scored for St Mirren too

Should be sending more of the young lads on loan really. The likes of Abeid (although I hear he is reluctant to go anywhere), Sammy Ameobi etc. Better than playing for the reserves. Unfortunately our squad is not deep and strong enough as it is so I guess the thinking is we can't really afford to let some of them go.

Been said before but there's an obvious reason why Bigi looks and plays like a first team player from the start - 25 odd appearances for Coventry last season.

Anyone seen the advert for Sky's "My Special Day" show? Basically a sick kids gets to spend a day with their hero. 1st one shows a Man City fan who has cancer spending the day with his hero, Joe Hart. Anyway, towards the end of the advert, Hart and this lad are standing in goal when some other kid (I'm presuming it's his healthy brother), takes a shot, Hart stops it and the sick kid goes to pick it up, then gets completely pole-axed by the kid who shouts "Rebound" before scything through his cancer suffering brother. :lol:

Anyone seen the advert for Sky's "My Special Day" show? Basically a sick kids gets to spend a day with their hero. 1st one shows a Man City fan who has cancer spending the day with his hero, Joe Hart. Anyway, towards the end of the advert, Hart and this lad are standing in goal when some other kid (I'm presuming it's his healthy brother), takes a shot, Hart stops it and the sick kid goes to pick it up, then gets completely pole-axed by the kid who shouts "Rebound" before scything through his cancer suffering brother. :lol:

Aye I saw that :lol: They did one last week with this lad who met Gareth Bale. Enjoy stories like that but I though on the spurs one that Sky's heartstring-tugging lone piano notes in the back ground whilst talking about the boy's disease/condition (can't remember what he suffered from) were a bit sensationalist.

Was good to hear Large Ron back in media work on 5Live on Sunday . Some of his turns of phrase are choice . When someone was missing through injury Ron deemed it "a big out" .

It's all about the early doors, eyebrows at the near post .

I'd encourage and welcome some more of this type of terminology from the match analysts on here :)

Was good to hear Large Ron back in media work on 5Live on Sunday . Some of his turns of phrase are choice . When someone was missing through injury Ron deemed it "a big out" .

It's all about the early doors, eyebrows at the near post .

I'd encourage and welcome some more of this type of terminology from the match analysts on here :)

Spotter's badge to anyone giving a Buddy Holly the full gun early doors.

Should be sending more of the young lads on loan really. The likes of Abeid (although I hear he is reluctant to go anywhere), Sammy Ameobi etc. Better than playing for the reserves. Unfortunately our squad is not deep and strong enough as it is so I guess the thinking is we can't really afford to let some of them go.

Been said before but there's an obvious reason why Bigi looks and plays like a first team player from the start - 25 odd appearances for Coventry last season.

Good shout on Bigi. Nothing like first team football experience I guess. Sammy could probably benefit but he's getting games at the moment so he's probably better with us. But I would think it would be harder for the foreign players to settle in away on loan. Even though Bradden Inman is Aussie. I would imagine it would be harder for the likes of Abeid and other non-English speaking players to go away on loan. After going through the process of settling in at Newcastle to then have to go somewhere else and start over would be difficult I would think. That's my take on it anyway.