Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is the standard in the Premier League pretty poor this season? I mean, obviously we're not playing well and given we're the team I watch the most, I can understand if that's colouring my opinion. However, watching Match of the Day and catching other teams games live I've just not been as impressed with the overall quality in the league this time around.

Man City, Arsenal, Man U, Spurs; all teams you associate with (at the very least) entertaining football, yet they've all been a little disjointed and, well, shit.

Is it just me or is the standard in the Premier League pretty poor this season? I mean, obviously we're not playing well and given we're the team I watch the most, I can understand if that's colouring my opinion. However, watching Match of the Day and catching other teams games live I've just not been as impressed with the overall quality in the league this time around.

Man City, Arsenal, Man U, Spurs; all teams you associate with (at the very least) entertaining football, yet they've all been a little disjointed and, well, shit.

I agree, it's the 'poorer' sides who have been playing the best football by far imo (West Brom and Fulham to name 2).

Seen some utter dirge at the Mad Stad from the away teams thus far. Norwich, Stoke and Fulham (before Ruiz came on) being especially poor.

Crazy league where anyone can seemingly beat anyone, apart from Newcastle and Reading of course. :glare:

Everyone wants to play through the middle these days. Tippy tappy stuff. Wingers are gone. People who can shoot the ball from range, or want to, also seem to be disappearing with time. So everything seems to be going through the middle for most teams. Which is why we now have 5 man midfields. Doesnt make for great entertainment.

Watching teams like Dortmund in Europe is so refreshing.

Everyone wants to play through the middle these days. Tippy tappy stuff. Wingers are gone. People who can shoot the ball from range, or want to, also seem to be disappearing with time. So everything seems to be going through the middle for most teams. Which is why we now have 5 man midfields. Doesnt make for great entertainment.

Watching teams like Dortmund in Europe is so refreshing.

anyone else been watching the Bundesliga highlights? The entertainment is just vastly superior, isn't it?

:lol: I despair

Dortmund fans turn Bayern’s stadium yellow

German football fans perpetrated a plucky midnight raid on the stadium of arch-rivals Bayern Munich.

A group of Borussia Dortmund fans broke into the iconic stadium - acknowledged as one of the finest sporting venues in the world - and plastered their own club's logo on the walls of a VIP suite.

Then, they pulled off a masterstroke of both guts, ingenuity and technical knowhow as they switched the stadium's famous external lighting from red - as it is for Bayern matches - to Dortmund's famous yellow.

The stadium is famous for its colour-changing lights, being lit in red when Bayern are playing, blue when in use by fellow ground-sharers 1860 Munich, and white when the national team take to the turf. It's even been lit up in multi-coloured livery for the Champions League final in the past.

Never before, however, has the state-of-the-art lighting system been used to turn it yellow - and we've got a feeling that with increased security now certain, it never will be again.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/dortmund-fans-turn-bayern-stadium-yellow-120046596.html

:lol:

Freddy Ljunberg always looked a bit light on his feet to me as well....its a Swedish thing maybe?...all those men only saunas....but Lindegaard has a point....the thing is the for the first player to come out the closet and be truly accepted by all fans of the club he plays for he'll have to be unarguably brilliant. Andy Cole killed racist chanting at Newcastle stone dead, although it had been on the wane in the early 90s anyway. I think the media blows things out of proportion a bit anyway. Fans used to wolf whistle poor old Justin Fashanu. To me thats funny, but I'm not on the receiveing end. Lots in the media with an agenda on stuff like this, tarring all fans with the same brush due to the actions of a few morons. Not many folk I know give a fuck who somebody wants to sleep with, its patent bollocks to say all fans hate gay folk for being gay.

You can well see dodgy Harry the media darling is back. The press this morning all about Harry and QPR, you'd be forgiven for thinking they were playing the mackems.

Yeah it makes me feel ill like. On Monday as well, in his very first press conference being officially announced as manager of QPR, he was already talking about other team's players. Would love it if they got relegated.

Yeah it makes me feel ill like. On Monday as well, in his very first press conference being officially announced as manager of QPR, he was already talking about other team's players. Would love it if they got relegated.

Already in the shit when he arrived, lots of poor players on long, lucrative contracts, didn't stand a chance etc. He's got the excuses already lined up if it happens.