Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

If the consensus is that we prefer him to Pardew though, then, assuming we don't go down, we're in a better position with him than we would have been if Pardew was still here.

Meaning that getting rid of Pardew will have paid off.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a better coach than Pardew, slightly less of a bellend too (dodgy dutch accent aside). I far prefer him over Pardew but it's not an overly ambitious appointment.

Aye, I'd agree with this. I'd take him mirroring his achievements at Boro in a heartbeat atm.

I said at the time when Fish was banging on about us having no bother attracting Garde, or another highly rated, young and ambitious continental manager that the best we could probably hope for would be Schteve.

I would welcome him. Got to be better than Carver. But then so would my nan

I said at the time when Fish was banging on about us having no bother attracting Garde, or another highly rated, young and ambitious continental manager that the best we could probably hope for would be Schteve.

I would welcome him. Got to be better than Carver. But then so would my nan

Garde was interested. As was Galtier.

It's not an issue of being attractive to the potential candidates. Never has been.

Aye they all love the profile pic which is about 15 years old. Then they meet the tight-fisted, deluded, twisted old cunt of a club, wonder how they got tricked into this and have a sudden emergency they simply must attend.

It's not an issue of being attractive to the potential candidates. Never has been.

My theory is that Ashley doesn't trust foreign managers. We haven't had one yet under his ownership

Aye I agree with that.

I'd be happy with Mclaren, he proven himself to be a capable, if not spectacular, club manager throughout his career. Had the balls to go and manage abroad which almost no english coaches do.

Also he's not a complete arsehole which would be a nice change after Pards and Carvs

Mourinho wins Premier League manager of the season.

Whats the point of that award when it just goes to the Manager who wins the league pretty much every season.

Surely Mourinho winning the league with Chelsea (who were on very short odds to win the league) is less of a triumph of management than Koeman making Southampton look a better team after losing so many players last summer (and subsequently being considered as potential relegation candidates by many) or Monk doing as well as he has in his first full season as a manager having also lost his best player in January.

Whats the point of that award when it just goes to the Manager who wins the league pretty much every season.

In three of the last six seasons it hasn't. ;)

Mourinho wins Premier League manager of the season.

Surely Mourinho winning the league with Chelsea (who were on very short odds to win the league) is less of a triumph of management than Koeman making Southampton look a better team after losing so many players last summer (and subsequently being considered as potential relegation candidates by many) or Monk doing as well as he has in his first full season as a manager having also lost his best player in January.

I'd definitely give it to Monk or maybe Koeman.

Mourinho is a great manager and deserves recognition for that, but I don't think this season really tested his mettle. It's not like he had to inspire a team to maintain their high standards while they duke it out blow for blow with a Man City firing on all cylinders or anything.

What Monk has quietly achieved with Swansea in a season where a lot of people expected his limitations would be laid bare, is really impressive.

I'd definitely give it to Monk or maybe Koeman.

Mourinho is a great manager and deserves recognition for that, but I don't think this season really tested his mettle. It's not like he had to inspire a team to maintain their high standards while they duke it out blow for blow with a Man City firing on all cylinders or anything.

What Monk has quietly achieved with Swansea in a season where a lot of people expected his limitations would be laid bare, is really impressive.

Yeah. Fair. It's a meaningless award. Like in U-12s when the Most Improved Award would go to the half-spaz kid who showed up every week and 'played' right back.

Koeman for me.He was left without a team basically and has done wonders to get HIS team where they are .

What position did you play mate?