Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every one of those 9 could be starting a game too.

At least our front 3 are fit

Every one of the 9 wouldn't be though really would they. Krul, Colo, Simpson & Tiote are realistically the only ones who would be starters for us.

The Ameobi's & Vukic are apparently fit now too.

Just watched a show on ESPN Classic this afternoon as I was bored about David Ginola, think the show was called 'legends' or something. It was 95% a Spurs show, in fact it more or less started by saying 'Ginola moved from Noocarsell to Spurs in 1997.....' and then showed a load of Spurs footage of him with the odd photo of him in a Toon shirt*. Danny Kelly, David Pleat etc raving about him with the former saying 'yeah he was good for noocarsell but was a complete legend at Spurs'. They also mentioned THAT goal but talked about a goal at Barnsley for Spurs rather than the one v Ferenvacos. Amazingly one-eyed sports journalism from ESPN or whoever made the show.

*They did show his goal v Liverpool and that was it.

Never liked the Jeremy Claerkson lookalike tit.

RIP

Never liked him either and his reaction on his show when KK and Man City mutually parted a few years back spoke volumes about a lot of journalists opinions on KK and NUFC. He basically slaughtered him calling him a quitter who had achieved "nothing" as a manager. I'm sure his friends and colleagues will give him a better obituary than I ever will.

RIP

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/new-associate-director-maxi-jazz-376875.aspx

jazz-642-px61-376867_478x359.jpg

Crystal Palace Football Club is delighted to announce that Maxi Jazz (Maxwell Fraser) has kindly agreed to become an Associate Director of the club.

Maxi achieved worldwide fame as the lead singer of the band Faithless, best known for their dance songs “Insomnia” and “God is a DJ”. Born and bred in south London, Maxi has been a Palace supporter since the early 1970s and was a prominent voice when the club was in administration in 2010.

At the match against Nottingham Forest last night he commented “I can't tell you how honoured I feel to have been invited to be an Associate Director of the club I've loved and supported since I was nine years old. I was a regular in the Holmesdale during the 70s, I idolised John Jackson and the highlight (thus far!) the total 5-0 annihilation of Man Utd. I was there!!! I lost all my money, my house keys and had my beloved (embroidered!) bobble hat'n scarf nicked by two 9ft red'n white Yeti but it remains one of my all time brilliant weekends! I've been a bit busy over the last few years but I've now got the opportunity to come more regularly to the games and give something back to the club I've loved for so long. I'm South London and Proud. And I support the Palace!”

Palace Chief Executive Phil Alexander said: "I'm delighted that Maxi has signed up to be an associate director at Palace. He has been a devoted Palace fan for more than 40 years and joins another iconic entertainer Eddie Izzard in the boardroom on match days. We look forward to welcoming him down at Selhurst as much as possible this year."

An Associate Directorship includes full hospitality in the Boardroom at every home game for two guests and is a fantastic way to enjoy football. As well as meeting Directors from other clubs it is a great way of business networking and entertaining. Packages are still available for the 2012/13 season. For further details contact Phil Alexander, Chief Executive of Crystal Palace on 020 8768 6001.