Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Dalglish was a horrific manager for us. Probably worse than Big Sam. All he needed to do was make us a bit tighter. He somehow decided to replace quality players with donkeys. An abortion of a manager and doesnt get the appropriate stick from us in my opinion.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to Good Friday football?....

The last GF game I remember is twatting Everton 6 nowt or something like that when Sir Bob was manager....have we or anyone else played GF since then?

And Easter Monday....I seem to recall our relagtion being all but confirmed in 89 on EM at home to Sheffield Wednesday after a rally in the previous month where it looked like we might stay up. A young David Hirst scored for them.

Did the premier league just knock it on the head?...if so why?...its always been the business end of the season so if they or the clubs roll out fixture congestion as an excuse then thats frankly bollocks.

Going to football today would be better than gardening or decorating the hall-FACT! :)

What happened to Good Friday football?....

The last GF game I remember is twatting Everton 6 nowt or something like that when Sir Bob was manager....have we or anyone else played GF since then?

And Easter Monday....I seem to recall our relagtion being all but confirmed in 89 on EM at home to Sheffield Wednesday after a rally in the previous month where it looked like we might stay up. A young David Hirst scored for them.

Did the premier league just knock it on the head?...if so why?...its always been the business end of the season so if they or the clubs roll out fixture congestion as an excuse then thats frankly bollocks.

Going to football today would be better than gardening or decorating the hall-FACT! :)

My first concious memory that was a game actually going on in Newcastle was a GF game against Carlisle about 84 - was a lush day like today, and I later saw videos that we won 5-1, Kevin Carr saved a pen and Keegan scored 10 seconds later.

Dalglish was a horrific manager for us. Probably worse than Big Sam. All he needed to do was make us a bit tighter. He somehow decided to replace quality players with donkeys. An abortion of a manager and doesnt get the appropriate stick from us in my opinion.

I think he was struck by some rotten luck, however that was in addition to some shocking decisions.

I think he was struck by some rotten luck, however that was in addition to some shocking decisions.

The main piece of bad luck was Shearer's injury, but he still ruined everything. I agree with Holden McGroin, I'd go as far to say this about Dalglish, he did more damage to Newcastle, than Souness, Ashley and Allardyce put together. His reign was a catastrophe, and it took us years to recover from his mis-management and poor decision making.

The main piece of bad luck was Shearer's injury, but he still ruined everything. I agree with Holden McGroin, I'd go as far to say this about Dalglish, he did more damage to Newcastle, than Souness, Ashley and Allardyce put together. His reign was a catastrophe, and it took us years to recover from his mis-management and poor decision making.

On the plus side, he did sign Given, Speed and Solano. Other than that, his reign was pretty horrible. His negative tone with the media also helped result in us going from one of the most popular sides under KK, to almost universally disliked in the press.

On the plus side, he did sign Given, Speed and Solano. Other than that, his reign was pretty horrible. His negative tone with the media also helped result in us going from one of the most popular sides under KK, to almost universally disliked in the press.

The facts are in the league we scored 66 (1996) 73 (1997) then Dalglish's first season in charge (35). Was horrible to see him dismantling the club before our very eyes. I knew it would happen as well. 2nd, 2nd, 13th. We might never have recovered from him without a top man like SBR.

For every Given there were 4 Perez's, for every Speed 4 Des Hamilton's, for every Nobby 4 Ian Rush's. Joke manager.

Edited by McFaul

Absolutely spot on, all of that. He ruined us and then had the cheek to fuck us over for compensation.

Absolutely spot on, all of that. He ruined us and then had the cheek to fuck us over for compensation.

What do you make of this dippers comparison between Keegan and Dalglish :)

What I never understood about Dalglish was how he could discard Beardsley at both Liverpool and for us when he'd done the business for him so much at Liverpool and then had proved how good he still was for us. Absolutely crass management.

What do you make of this dippers comparison between Keegan and Dalglish :)

In terms of what they did at Newcastle, there is simply no comparison. The change Keegan brought about was nothing short of remarkable when you consider the state we were in/had been in for many of years before he took over. For me, Kevin Keegan is the best thing to have happened to this club in my lifetime.

Equally, the manner in which Dalglish dismanted all of Keegan's good work was nothing short of remarkable.

The last GF game I remember is twatting Everton 6 nowt or something like that when Sir Bob was manager....have we or anyone else played GF since then

6-2 it was. I can remember having to sober up quickly to drive back from Scarborough in time after a heavy night there on the Thursday. Was this the same game that Gravesen knacked Bernard?

The last GF game I remember is twatting Everton 6 nowt or something like that when Sir Bob was manager....have we or anyone else played GF since then

6-2 it was. I can remember having to sober up quickly to drive back from Scarborough in time after a heavy night there on the Thursday. Was this the same game that Gravesen knacked Bernard?

Even Carl Cort scored in that one.

Nah that was at Goodison, season after maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Was talking to a taxi driver there about Kevin Gallacher and Duncan Ferguson. They both lived at Heddon, and he was saying that Gallacher told him he didn't think it was possible that fans could be more passionate than the old ferum but Newcastle fans were.

He was saying Big Dunc raced pigeons, which everyone knows, but he was very, very good at it. They clocked the times by the rings on the pigeons legs, and this one had flew back from Paris, quick as fuck, he was shocked by how quick it had came back, but the problem he needed the electronic tag to register its time, and the pigeon wouldn't come doon from the roof. It's no good shouting of a pigeon like you do a dog cos it will make nee difference, so he waited 30 mins trying to entice it down, but would it fuck come. So he shot the fucka, got the electronic tag, and won the competition.

Will Wayne Routledge get a Champions medal?

Yes, yes he will.

Wonder how often that has happened?