Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Aye, I can see Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd all finishing above them next season, because Arsenal have players who have never won anything in their careers and it hink that's what sets them apart from those other 3 teams, they all have players who have been there before and know how to go about winning things and having a bit of discipline when going about their jobs.

Also Wenger also let's his players get away with murder aswell, its never their fault and always someone elses

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grass is always greener and that but plenty of Arsenal fans want a new manager, the same problems have been prevailing at Arsenal for years. Six years without a trophy for them now isn't it? Obviously nothing compared to the wait we're still enduring but considering they've been amongst the top three for so long yet still consistently fail to get over the line shows that something isn't right. I was not remotely surprised when they failed to beat Birmingham in the League Cup.

See Gerard Houllier's had another wobbler. Nee good. He should just chuck it, Liverpool's fans were to blame in 2004, and Villa's are an equally big set of wanks to cause this.

You're ugly ignorance doesn't get any better does it?

Houllier may have suffered the fans displeasure at Liverpool a few times, but his heart condition was not of the stress kind. LuckyLuke(?) can educate you better than I can, he seems to know what he's talking about.

If anyone has stress related health problems why go in to a stressful job? Houllier, just like Kinnear, chose to do jobs that will always be stressful even if their teams are successful.

IMO Arsenal are in danger of getting overtook by Tottenham IF they keep going the way spurs are going and thats spending money and improving their team.

It's amazing that Wenger can't see what everyone else can see and makes changes, He needs a keeper, he needs a CB and a Dominating CM so why doesnt he do it ? He being too smart for his own good and it's impacting the team.

He even said that coming 2nd isnt a failure and that he's happy with it.

I'll be amazed to see what'll happen to them when Fabregas goes

FFS is on Talksport live now, cant listen to it, someone listen and tell me what the crack is please.

Freddy Shepherd has admitted that when Kevin Keegan left the club for the first time, Sir Alex Ferguson was approached about taking the top job at St James’ Park.

The former Magpies chairman went on to claim that Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho also nearly joined the club as Bobby Robson’s assistant in 2001.

Speaking to the Keys and Gray show, Shepherd was asked who was on the list to succeed Keegan and said: “We went for Sir Alex Ferguson, at the time he was negotiating a new contract at Man United and we spoke to Fergie’s advisors but it didn’t come off.

“We went for Sir Alex Ferguson, at the time he was negotiating a new contract at Man United and we spoke to Fergie’s advisors but it didn’t come off”Freddy Shepherd

“His advisors encouraged us to wait a bit longer and further down the line it just died a death. It would have been a great signing after Keegan, he’s always said that the only other club he’d come to is Newcastle. It was recorded at the time, if he ever had to move to. That was years ago.

“We spoke to Martin O’Neill, in fact we met him twice, once at Paul Stretford’s house and once down in London. It never went any further though. I saw him in Barbados recently and we both agreed that we just never got on. I wouldn’t say I didn’t like him or he didn’t like me, it was a case of us knowing that it would have never lasted.

Shepherd went on to state that Newcastle had turned down the chance to sign Jose Mourinho as an assistant at the club, saying: “Bobby wanted to bring Jose Mourinho to be his assistant manager.

“I hadn’t even heard of the guy when Bobby wanted to bring him in 2001. Who knows what would have happened if. I didn’t know the guy at the time and Bobby already had an assistant plus he didn’t speak Geordie!

LOLLLLLLLLLLZ

It would have been a great signing after Keegan, he’s always said that the only other club he’d come to is Newcastle

A nice blend of fact and fiction.

See Gerard Houllier's had another wobbler. Nee good. He should just chuck it, Liverpool's fans were to blame in 2004, and Villa's are an equally big set of wanks to cause this.

Houllier may have suffered the fans displeasure at Liverpool a few times, but his heart condition was not of the stress kind. LuckyLuke(?) can educate you better than I can, he seems to know what he's talking about.

If anyone has stress related health problems why go in to a stressful job? Houllier, just like Kinnear, chose to do jobs that will always be stressful even if their teams are successful.

Tbh the stress response is a very broad and wide ranging process that can contribute to all manner of diseases and conditions, although it is 'traditionally' associated with ischaemic heart disease (ie angina and heart attacks). Not sure if Stevie is referring to Houiller getting the sack in 2004 rather than his health problems (he took ill following a game at Leeds in 2001).

I found Joe Kinnear having to undergo coronary artery surgery months after taking the job with us almost comical in its predictability, he should never have contemplated taking a job here with his history and the chaos that was at a peak when he took the job, and still continues. But I guess he's got to earn a living.

Tbh the stress response is a very broad and wide ranging process that can contribute to all manner of diseases and conditions, although it is 'traditionally' associated with ischaemic heart disease (ie angina and heart attacks). Not sure if Stevie is referring to Houiller getting the sack in 2004 rather than his health problems (he took ill following a game at Leeds in 2001).

I found Joe Kinnear having to undergo coronary artery surgery months after taking the job with us almost comical in its predictability, he should never have contemplated taking a job here with his history and the chaos that was at a peak when he took the job, and still continues. But I guess he's got to earn a living.

That he got his date wrong is nothing unusual for him, but I think his meaning is perfectly clear.

Thanks for the explanation ll, I know his consultants said it wasn't stress related.

I wonder if he can educate you in the differences between your and you're.

The facts remain after winning 3 trophies in one year, just a few short short months later, he was put under intolerable stress from an ungrateful crowd which diminished to a paltry 33,000 for some league games.

Edited by McFaul

The facts remain after winning 3 trophies in one year, just a few short short months later, he was put under intolerable stress from an ungrateful crowd which diminished to a paltry 33,000 for some league games.

I think you need to educate yourself sonny. The word I correctly used was your

No he wasn't put under intolerable stress you idiot. He was put under the same stress as most losing managers are, your own included. Can't be arsed to check our averages, I know it wasn't 33,000 for that season even though the football was the most boring shit I've ever seen, ( well perhaps marginally better than Hodgson)

EDIT: Three seasons later BTW.

Edited by Pacinofan

No he wasn't put under intolerable stress you idiot. He was put under the same stress as most losing managers are, your own included. Can't be arsed to check our averages, I know it wasn't 33,000 for that season even though the football was the most boring shit I've ever seen, ( well perhaps marginally better than Hodgson)

We didn't put Hughton under any stress despite gaining 2 points from a possible 15 before he was sacked, and we were gutted he was. Look at poor Woy hounded out from day one, and look what he's done with a good crowd behind him at West Brom already, there's the difference. Anyway pipe down you stalker.

Shit, I hate apologising to arseholes but you are indeed right, it was I who used the wrong word, sorry.

Maybe now you can also apologise for accusing fans of causing his heart trouble.

Without doubt they were a contributing factor.

We didn't put Hughton under any stress despite gaining 2 points from a possible 15 before he was sacked, and we were gutted he was. Look at poor Woy hounded out from day one, and look what he's done with a good crowd behind him at West Brom already, there's the difference. Anyway pipe down you stalker.

Robson, Dalglish, Souness, Allardyce, of those I can remember anyway, but unlike you I know people who go for public profile jobs are always going to be shot down by fans, investors and players when things go wrong. Houllier got sacked 3 years after his heart trouble and, imo, that was a year later than it should have been. He was never the same afterwards.

Hodgson is someone I wish could be written out of our history. As a manager of one of the biggest clubs he was arrogant, self posessed and tactically one of the worst I've seen. He's fine for a small club where the acheivement of mid table is fine, but for a club who hasn't finished out of the top 10 in 5 decades he was useless. His press conferences were an embarrassment of self praise, lowering of ambition and blaming the previous manager, and left with a much bigger pay out in comparison. You'll get no guilt, regret or even a smidgen of praise from me for that man. Good riddance.

Shit, I hate apologising to arseholes but you are indeed right, it was I who used the wrong word, sorry.

Maybe now you can also apologise for accusing fans of causing his heart trouble.

Without doubt they were a contributing factor.

Your ignorance is quite startling on so many levels.

Robson, Dalglish, Souness, Allardyce, of those I can remember anyway, but unlike you I know people who go for public profile jobs are always going to be shot down by fans, investors and players when things go wrong. Houllier got sacked 3 years after his heart trouble and, imo, that was a year later than it should have been. He was never the same afterwards.

Hodgson is someone I wish could be written out of our history. As a manager of one of the biggest clubs he was arrogant, self posessed and tactically one of the worst I've seen. He's fine for a small club where the acheivement of mid table is fine, but for a club who hasn't finished out of the top 10 in 5 decades he was useless. His press conferences were an embarrassment of self praise, lowering of ambition and blaming the previous manager, and left with a much bigger pay out in comparison. You'll get no guilt, regret or even a smidgen of praise from me for that man. Good riddance.

You type and I quote "your ignorance is staggering on so many levels", now the bit in bold given the statement I've just quoted is the most ironic I've seen, you utterly clueless nobhead. Before I continue I want to tell you something irrelevant to my points, see when you type all I can hear is that dullcet borin voiced announcer at Anfield coming through in your letters.

Anyway we hounded Robson out did we?!?!?!?!?!?!? Some fans weren't happy that we only came fifth, and given the mediocrity of the team in fourth it wasn't unreasonable, fans were frustrated but we were fucked with injuries, and the majority didn't blame Robson, and despite his age, virtually no one NO ONE wanted rid of him despite getting TWO points from FOUR games at the start of 04/05. So what you on about you scouse cunt?

Allardyce. Now to be fair I didn't like him from the start, we played Liverpool at home, you weren't an outstanding side, decent yes, but that's always a game we should be looking to win at home, we're 0-2 down with 20 minutes to go and he takes an attacking player off and replaces him with a defensive playe 2-0 down at home to a side we can get a result off. The ensuing reaction would've happened in ANY stadium in ANY country in the world. 2-0 down at home and he goes defensive, so half the ground sings you don't know what you're doing, that is the biggest stick he ever got here. His LAST game away at Stoke in the FA Cup, we played one of the worst games in his reign a 0-0 draw, we didn't create one chance 4,000 toon fans down there 6pm on a Sunday neet, and he gets a standing evation off. That was his last game, so WHERE THE FUCK was he hounded out you fuckin tool??!??!

Dalglish despite ruining the best side we've had in 50 years, replacing Ginola with Garry Brady, Les Ferdinand with ANDREAS ANDERSSON, signing 37 year olds Ian Rush and John Barnes to a club that had title ambitions, from 2nd top to 13th, and we still didn't get on his back when he didn't win the first two games of the next season. So how did we get on his back?!?!?!

Souness I'm not even going to dignify with an answer. You are typically scouse clueless cunt. Do NOT comment on things you haven't got the slightest comprehension about you arsehole. The loyalty of our fans, the humility of our fans and the dignity and unblemished reputation of our fans is and always be in a different planet to Liverpool fans.

Edited by McFaul

Can't be arsed to check our averages, I know it wasn't 33,000 for that season even though the football was the most boring shit I've ever seen, ( well perhaps marginally better than Hodgson)

Just count yourself lucky you've not had to watch a Sam Allardyce team week in week out then.

You type and I quote "your ignorance is staggering on so many levels", now the bit in bold given the statement I've just quoted is the most ironic I've seen, you utterly clueless nobhead. Before I continue I want to tell you something irrelevant to my points, see when you type all I can hear is that dullcet borin voiced announcer at Anfield coming through in your letters.

Anyway we hounded Robson out did we?!?!?!?!?!?!? Some fans weren't happy that we only came fifth, and given the mediocrity of the team in fourth it wasn't unreasonable, fans were frustrated but we were fucked with injuries, and the majority didn't blame Robson, and despite his age, virtually no one NO ONE wanted rid of him despite getting TWO points from FOUR games at the start of 04/05. So what you on about you scouse cunt?

Allardyce. Now to be fair I didn't like him from the start, we played Liverpool at home, you weren't an outstanding side, decent yes, but that's always a game we should be looking to win at home, we're 0-2 down with 20 minutes to go and he takes an attacking player off and replaces him with a defensive playe 2-0 down at home to a side we can get a result off. The ensuing reaction would've happened in ANY stadium in ANY country in the world. 2-0 down at home and he goes defensive, so half the ground sings you don't know what you're doing, that is the biggest stick he ever got here. His LAST game away at Stoke in the FA Cup, we played one of the worst games in his reign a 0-0 draw, we didn't create one chance 4,000 toon fans down there 6pm on a Sunday neet, and he gets a standing evation off. That was his last game, so WHERE THE FUCK was he hounded out you fuckin tool??!??!

Dalglish despite ruining the best side we've had in 50 years, replacing Ginola with Garry Brady, Les Ferdinand with ANDREAS ANDERSSON, signing 37 year olds Ian Rush and John Barnes to a club that had title ambitions, from 2nd top to 13th, and we still didn't get on his back when he didn't win the first two games of the next season. So how did we get on his back?!?!?!

Souness I'm not even going to dignify with an answer. You are typically scouse clueless cunt. Do NOT comment on things you haven't got the slightest comprehension about you arsehole. The loyalty of our fans, the humility of our fans and the dignity and unblemished reputation of our fans is and always be in a different planet to Liverpool fans.

It’s hard to believe that you, of all on this board, actually use the word irony.

George Sephton has been the announcer at Anfield for 40 years. He’s a warm, knowledgeable and far from boring man, and his voice always makes me feel at home. He’s a big part of the match day experience and long may he continue.

I'd also like to add a bit of an irrelevant comment about boring speech, is your confidence in your own identity so low that you need to at times write some of your posts in dialect? Using local words is one thing but writing how you talk is a bit juvenile.

It appeared that many of your fans at the time were unhappy with Robson but have it your own way. The team in fourth were as mediocre as the team in 5th as far as I could see.

Being born a Scouser is one of my proudest moments. Being called a Scouse cunt by an ugly minded dickhead just adds to that pride tbh.

As I said earlier, all fans are the same when it comes to failure. Your boring, long winded explanation of the Allardyce regime does nothing to alleviate my belief in that fact.

Kenny was a winner, he’d already won 4 English titles but still some of your fans slagged him. Keegan was a winner as a player, but never as a manager unless you count promotions. Your fans thought he was a winner though and that’s what’s important.

I’d be very happy not to comment on things I know little about, perhaps you could do the same. For the clubs and fans you hate, you lie, make up stories and even change words in articles to try and back up your ugly hate, I’m sure there are many who can see right through your shallow, inferior soapbox spiel.

The highlighted line could be said by all fans in the Premier and Football league, and very often is, your fans are only special to themselves and those who've played for your club or worked for it.

Every clubs fans get praised at one time or another for different things, including Liverpools, sorry if that upsets you like.

Can't believe not one person has replied to this dullard stalker arsehole wrongun of a man/woman esp the Dalglish crack. I:ll reply in the customary way tomorrow.

Kenny was a winner, he’d already won 4 English titles but still some of your fans slagged him

Only when he'd ripped the heart out of a team that had finished second playing fantastic football and sent a team out in an FA cup final to play for penalties in the Thursday replay.

I thought he'd turn Keegan's team into winners - unfortunately he wasn't interested in that team.

As one of the most boring cunts I've ever seen on the internet, what gives you the right to call a passionate defence of my clubs support boring? You are the Howard Wilkinson of the internet, and that's reading your posts on here.

What's boring about that you absolute wrongun? It's stating and explaining a) why you're a clueless prick a b ) how Allardyce got far more support than he ever deserved.

George Sephton has been the announcer at Anfield for 40 years. He’s a warm, knowledgeable and far from boring man, and his voice always makes me feel at home. He’s a big part of the match day experience and long may he continue.

I'd also like to add a bit of an irrelevant comment about boring speech, is your confidence in your own identity so low that you need to at times write some of your posts in dialect? Using local words is one thing but writing how you talk is a bit juvenile.

Now this is boring. It's not interesting. He can be as warm as he likes, he still sounds like a boring cunt, with that voice. He sounds depressed, and the analogy I made with him was I imagine your voice is like his because I find you so dour. As for how I type, many geordies type in the local dialect, whether some wall pusher feels it displays lack of confidence in our own identity is neither here nor there. In fact your point doesn't even make sense, and continues to display the obvious, that you're a daft cunt.

Kenny was a winner, he’d already won 4 English titles but still some of your fans slagged him. Keegan was a winner as a player, but never as a manager unless you count promotions. Your fans thought he was a winner though and that’s what’s important.

Four English titles :) He inherited the most successful club side in English football history, how could he fail? He had a transfer budget bigger than anybody else apart from Man Utd who were building from scratch, and at Blackburn broke the transfer record three times, seriously how could he fail. I remember when he took over at Blackburn about Christmas 1991, he bought the likes of David Speedie and Colin Hendry, they were first and by the time the season was over they'd sneaked in to the play offs coming SIXTH. The budget he had there, fucking Mike Bassett would've won the league.

To compare him to Keegan ;) he created a better toon side than Liverpool have had for twenty years. He took us from 21st in Division Two to 3rd in the Premiership in 24 fucking months, you abortion of a man or woman if that's what you are. Comparing him to a man who dismantled an amazing team in TWELVE months ;)

your fans are only special to themselves

:icon_lol: There are statistics not opinions, that would back up the statement we have the most astonishingly loyal support in world football, and there are statistics that support the assertion, you have more blood on your hands at Liverpool than any club in world football.