Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Feigned ignorance is soooooo a 15 year old thing to do btw

:D

Well if that's aimed at me I think that is fucking hilarious. Seriously, mate, I don't know what they look like. Why would I? I don't watch basketball FFS!

He's such a mug. I dont know any of these yank cunts neither. Knowing about yank sportsman isnt normal in my opinion.

I think he's saying you take pride in not knowing or are faking it for effect - ironically displaying the kind of arrogance that the Yanks have in thinking their sports are global.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll name the ones I've heard of:

The fridge

Babe Ruth

Michael Jordan

Shakeel O'Neill - cos he had them trainers out

Dennis Rodwell - cos he was on Celeb BB over here

That really is it other than sprinters and boxers.

Feigned ignorance is soooooo a 15 year old thing to do btw

:D

Well if that's aimed at me I think that is fucking hilarious. Seriously, mate, I don't know what they look like. Why would I? I don't watch basketball FFS!

He's such a mug. I dont know any of these yank cunts neither. Knowing about yank sportsman isnt normal in my opinion.

I think he's saying you take pride in not knowing or are faking it for effect - ironically displaying the kind of arrogance that the Yanks have in thinking their sports are global.

Well he's wrong. Say I'm the average person in this country. I don't have a clue who any of these yanks are. Is that a sin? It's wierd behaviour taking an interest in American sports, almost attention seeking imo. It's impossible to like them, or passionately develop a knowledge in them.

Surely it's an interest thing as much as exposure to these people?

I do know what Carl Lewis looks like, I'd forgotten about him and Tiger Woods and the likes of Ali, Foreman, Haggler, and Tyson who are genuinely 'World famous'. But as for basketball players, how am I supposed to get my information on their appearance without actively going looking for it?

I do know what Carl Lewis looks like, I'd forgotten about him and Tiger Woods and the likes of Ali, Foreman, Haggler, and Tyson who are genuinely 'World famous'. But as for basketball players, how am I supposed to get my information on their appearance without actively going looking for it?

That's what I mean from the American Sports I only know 5 ever, bakabaal, gridirons, ice hockey, and what's the other sport they play it escapes me now. There is another one these mugs play that's popular.

LeBron is undoubtedly one of the top three names in US sport, the hype surrounding his transfer to Miami Heat last year was mental.

I can understand why most people in the UK haven't heard of him though.

That's what I mean from the American Sports I only know 5 ever, bakabaal, gridirons, ice hockey, and what's the other sport they play it escapes me now. There is another one these mugs play that's popular.

Baseball.

I did enjoy 'Field of Dreams' to be fair. (15 to 67 in a sentence). :D

Baseball.

Aye Baseball. There's another name that's hit me for some reason "Tony di Maggio", I donno who the cunt is but his name rings a bell.

Baseball.

Aye Baseball. There's another name that's hit me for some reason "Tony di Maggio", I donno who the cunt is but his name rings a bell.

Joe - more famous globally for marrying Marilyn Monroe.

See Al Fayed has told "stupid fans who don't like the statue" that they can go and watch Chelsea instead. :D He's such a ridiculous cretin.

To be fair, I think Fulham fans are being a bit ungrateful - Al Fayed gives them a statue for nowt, Chelsea had to pay £50m for theirs.......

See Al Fayed has told "stupid fans who don't like the statue" that they can go and watch Chelsea instead. :D He's such a ridiculous cretin.

To be fair, I think Fulham fans are being a bit ungrateful - Al Fayed gives them a statue for nowt, Chelsea had to pay £50m for theirs.......

Aye just a bit, he's also loaned them £207 mill interest free.

Aye just a bit, he's also loaned them £207 mill interest free.

Well I was having a carry on about Torres, really, but Fulham fans have every right to be shaking their head about the statue in my opinion.

Baseball.

I did enjoy 'Field of Dreams' to be fair. (15 to 67 in a sentence). :icon_lol:

Joe - more famous globally for marrying Marilyn Monroe.

Stop indulging him man! :D

Probably the most famous Basketball player since Michael Jordan, and every cunts heard of him whether you like the sport or not

As usual, you're talking fucking shit. Basketball isn't even on telly, so how the fuck are people supposed to have heard of him?

We're not even exposed to basketball. If I did a survey of all my mates, everyone I know, I reckon 30% would have heard the name.

I'd never heard of him.

Tbh Basketball just isn't a big sport here at all but it's canny popular in other European countries particularly Spain, so to be fair Lebron is probably one of the most recognizable faces when it comes to the US sports at least in other nations.

Dalglish is the latest one who's said he's got no idea who the cunt is. Only J69 knows him, says a lot. You might as well just move to America to be honest Jonathan.

Dalglish is the latest one who's said he's got no idea who the cunt is. Only J69 knows him, says a lot. You might as well just move to America to be honest Jonathan.

I know him, not personally mind, but of him. Basketball is crap an all.

Why lie?

Why lie?

Who's lying ?? :D

Why lie?

How the fuck would a 53 year old racist, who drinks in The Cannon Inn, know who an American Basketball player is. No TV coverage, no media exposure, how would you know?

Why lie?

How the fuck would a 53 year old racist, who drinks in The Cannon Inn, know who an American Basketball player is. No TV coverage, no media exposure, how would you know?

That bit's right.

How would I know, erm, because I'm not a blinkered eejit.

I often read some selected American newspaper sports pages because of my interest in the NFL, which also leads to reading some more general "interest" articles.

That bit's right.

How would I know, erm, because I'm not a blinkered eejit.

I often read some selected American newspaper sports pages because of my interest in the NFL, which also leads to reading some more general "interest" articles.

:D So everyone apart from Barton7, J69 and you is a blinkered eejit, because they've never heard of this bloke? Dalglish must be as well.

Interest in NFL at 53. Say nee more.

Premier League - Neville named as the new Andy Gray

Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville has been named as Andy Gray's replacement at Sky Sports.

The 36-year-old hung up his boots at the beginning of the year after a glittering career that saw him win 14 major trophies with United - including eight Premier League titles and the Champions League - as well as 83 England caps.

Neville proclaimed himself to be "thrilled" at being offered the job, and he is expected to work alongside former on-pitch rival Jamie Redknapp as one of the satellite channel's top pundits.

But he will not be a popular choice for the role in some quarters, with a history of controversial incidents in his career. During a match against Liverpool in 2006 he ran the length of the pitch after Rio Ferdinand's late winner in order to celebrate in front of the travelling Reds fans.

"Now I have retired this feels like the perfect way for me to stay involved in football," said Neville, a lifelong fan of the Red Devils. "I am looking forward to bringing my 19 years of match experience into television."

Before he begins in his new role next season Neville will make one final appearance for United in his testimonial, which is to be played against Juventus at Old Trafford on May 24.

Gray and Sky football anchorman Richard Keys were both fired earlier this season after a scandal erupted when the duo's sexist behaviour off-air was recorded and leaked onto the internet.

Premier League - Neville named as the new Andy Gray

Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville has been named as Andy Gray's replacement at Sky Sports.

The 36-year-old hung up his boots at the beginning of the year after a glittering career that saw him win 14 major trophies with United - including eight Premier League titles and the Champions League - as well as 83 England caps.

Neville proclaimed himself to be "thrilled" at being offered the job, and he is expected to work alongside former on-pitch rival Jamie Redknapp as one of the satellite channel's top pundits.

But he will not be a popular choice for the role in some quarters, with a history of controversial incidents in his career. During a match against Liverpool in 2006 he ran the length of the pitch after Rio Ferdinand's late winner in order to celebrate in front of the travelling Reds fans.

"Now I have retired this feels like the perfect way for me to stay involved in football," said Neville, a lifelong fan of the Red Devils. "I am looking forward to bringing my 19 years of match experience into television."

Before he begins in his new role next season Neville will make one final appearance for United in his testimonial, which is to be played against Juventus at Old Trafford on May 24.

Gray and Sky football anchorman Richard Keys were both fired earlier this season after a scandal erupted when the duo's sexist behaviour off-air was recorded and leaked onto the internet.

FFS he's boring as fuck. He never smiles. Terrible appointment, could they not have got Desailly in or someone like that. To be honest Ithink Chris Coleman's been doing ok?