Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interest in NFL at 53. Say nee more.

Have been interested since I was 20 mate.

Why? It's shit. 5 seconds of action then a free kick. Load of wank. "time for some quick advertisurrrrrrs messages" during the game as well. What a load of nonsense.

Why? It's shit. 5 seconds of action then a free kick. Load of wank. "time for some quick advertisurrrrrrs messages" during the game as well. What a load of nonsense.

Second best, and probably most complex, game on the face of the planet mate, IMO of course.

Second best, and probably most complex, game on the face of the planet mate, IMO of course.

I'd put it as second worst behind kabbaddi. IMO of course.

No problem with that, your choice, you're wrong on lots of things, so may as well add another.

:D PMSL what's the one called where it's with a dead goat he plays it on Rambo 3, that's canny shit in all.

edit; it's Buzkashi

Edited by Barton7

No problem with that, your choice, you're wrong on lots of things, so may as well add another.

Like what? Where you drink? Well some trampy bar down the coast way. I don't know them all.

Did anyone ever see that game from, (I think), India that channel 4 used to show? It was basically what I'd call 'tuggy' or 'tag'. Was quite funny and better than any of the mainstream US sports, especially American football which is dire.

I've watched Gaelic football on Irish tv when I've spent time over there in the past and that was ok to watch if you're a bit bored.

Like what? Where you drink? Well some trampy bar down the coast way. I don't know them all.

Well for starters, being the best poster on the internet ever.

Where do I drink?, in the house, rarely go to a pub unless it's for a nosebag. Used to be a regular in The Ship, before I moved from Monkseaton to Byker Grove (alledgedly).

I've watched Gaelic football on Irish tv when I've spent time over there in the past and that was ok to watch if you're a bit bored.

That joins a shit load of sports which are only worth watching if a fight breaks out.

This goes with motor sports which are only worth watching if there's a crash.

Which basically just leaves football.....

Where do I drink?, in the house, rarely go to a pub unless it's for a nosebag. Used to be a regular in The Ship, before I moved from Monkseaton to Byker Grove (alledgedly).

I can imagine you being a Berkley Tavern man myself.

Did anyone ever see that game from, (I think), India that channel 4 used to show? It was basically what I'd call 'tuggy' or 'tag'. Was quite funny and better than any of the mainstream US sports, especially American football which is dire.

Aye thats what I was on about Kabbaddi. All the crowd shout kabbaddi kabbaddi kabbaddi. Was on before Gazzetta on a Saturday morning. Seemed to be like sumo wrestling for skinny cunts.

Haven't been in the Berkley for years (and I mean probably 20 years), was canny when it was a biker bar mind, all them years ago.

Aye thats what I was on about Kabbaddi. All the crowd shout kabbaddi kabbaddi kabbaddi. Was on before Gazzetta on a Saturday morning. Seemed to be like sumo wrestling for skinny cunts.

They used to like slapping their own thighs on that show. It was comical stuff.

Haven't been in the Berkley for years (and I mean probably 20 years), was canny when it was a biker bar mind, all them years ago.

I used to play for them when I was a whipper snapper 16 to 19 94-97. Horrible league that Port Of Blyth league. Fuck all like geordies up there, total heed the baals.

I used to play for them when I was a whipper snapper 16 to 19 94-97. Horrible league that Port Of Blyth league. Fuck all like geordies up there, total heed the baals.

Blyth is somewhat "different", I agree.

Surely it's an interest thing as much as exposure to these people?

I do know what Carl Lewis looks like, I'd forgotten about him and Tiger Woods and the likes of Ali, Foreman, Haggler, and Tyson who are genuinely 'World famous'. But as for basketball players, how am I supposed to get my information on their appearance without actively going looking for it?

That's what I mean from the American Sports I only know 5 ever, bakabaal, gridirons, ice hockey, and what's the other sport they play it escapes me now. There is another one these mugs play that's popular.

Baseball.

I did enjoy 'Field of Dreams' to be fair. (15 to 67 in a sentence). <_<

Aye Baseball. There's another name that's hit me for some reason "Tony di Maggio", I donno who the cunt is but his name rings a bell.

What's that other one? "Lion Woods" or something. Couldn't pick him out of a line-up mind.

I've thought of another one. "Adobe Brian". Think he plays netball or something.

Surely it's an interest thing as much as exposure to these people?

I do know what Carl Lewis looks like, I'd forgotten about him and Tiger Woods and the likes of Ali, Foreman, Haggler, and Tyson who are genuinely 'World famous'. But as for basketball players, how am I supposed to get my information on their appearance without actively going looking for it?

That's what I mean from the American Sports I only know 5 ever, bakabaal, gridirons, ice hockey, and what's the other sport they play it escapes me now. There is another one these mugs play that's popular.

Baseball.

I did enjoy 'Field of Dreams' to be fair. (15 to 67 in a sentence). <_<

Aye Baseball. There's another name that's hit me for some reason "Tony di Maggio", I donno who the cunt is but his name rings a bell.

What's that other one? "Lion Woods" or something. Couldn't pick him out of a line-up mind.

I've thought of another one. "Adobe Brian". Think he plays netball or something.

<_<

There's that skater bloke an all Dwayne Jetski, I think

Louis Van Gaal sacked by Bayern Munich.

Allardyce's cv being slipped into an air mail envelope as I type, no doubt.

Surely he doesn't even have to pimp himself out. Does Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise have to do auditions anymore?

Louis Van Gaal sacked by Bayern Munich.

Allardyce's cv being slipped into an air mail envelope as I type, no doubt.

Hughton's time is now!

Anyone else see the piece about Chris on 'Premier League World' or whatever the pre-game program is called? God, it was so depressing to watch. I fear he's gonna have real trouble finding a coaching job unless it with one of the very lower leagues. I have a lot of respect for that man and really hope for the best for him.