Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Gerrard is one of the best English players of the last 20 years, as is Frank Lampard, but Carragher's crack last night that both were much better than Scholes beggars belief. Thick as fuck scouse divvy him mind.

the pop at neville about fullbacks was quite funny thought tbf to him

the pop at neville about fullbacks was quite funny thought tbf to him

Probably correct too. Neville was a failed CB; I remember Fergie saying something about how he could have been one of the best in the world if he was a few inches taller.

Probably correct too. Neville was a failed CB; I remember Fergie saying something about how he could have been one of the best in the world if he was a few inches taller.

TBF to Neville (and Bruce for that matter) their best game for Man Utd was together at centre half when they beat us 0-1. We were unlucky but Neville was absolutely class that night at centre half, only about 18 or 19 then too.

I really liked Neville as a player. Brilliant crosser of the ball and worked his tits off.

His patter about Shearer signing for us was disrespectful, apart from that I have nowt against him, far more likable than Carragher, quite funny too.

What did he say about Shearer like?

When Shearer signed for Newcastle he said he didn't understand how anyone could sign for Newcastle over Man Utd. At the time we were easily their equals in terms of side.

When Shearer signed for Newcastle he said he didn't understand how anyone could sign for Newcastle over Man Utd. At the time we were easily their equals in terms of side.

I'd argue we were better to be honest, just mentally weaker.. certainly with Shearer anyway. Although he probably would have tipped the scales their way had he gone to Manchester.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/18/barcelona-gerardo-martino-tiki-taka

This was an interesting read - about the invention and growth of 'possession football'. Newcastle were involved in the very early stages (1912) as what appears to be the first English club to adopt it (we've obviously regressed since then...) Bobby Robson was also one of the key proponents. Good article though cos it traces the growth of the thing through key individuals across different clubs and eras.

Right Behind Gay Footballers.

They want all gay footballers to come out. Imagine if 10 Sunderland players came out and said they were gay, imagine the reaction at the next derby. I don't know why sexuality has to be part of football.

Fashunu about 15 years ago?

I'm fairly sure an American lad retired as well. Seems to be plenty of people coming out in other sports - mainly after they've retired like.

Fashanu's suicide had nothing to do with football though. He didn't feel he'd get a fair trial at a rape case because he was gay. He had retired at that point.

Right Behind Gay Footballers.

They want all gay footballers to come out. Imagine if 10 Sunderland players came out and said they were gay, imagine the reaction at the next derby. I don't know why sexuality has to be part of football.

Yeah you're right, nobody has a pop at footballers for their sexuality currently.

Frankly I think that people have to lie about who they are because some idiots in the stands are bigots is a sad indictment. The people who are bothered about this are the lads like your mate "Weldy" on twitter who thinks homosexuality is wrong and for "Dirty Cunts".

Regardless I don't see what harm it can do, apart from the daft tagline.

I'm not going to go to a football ground and shout at a man for being gay - and I suppose it's up to fellow men to get up to speed with being decent and treating people with respect. There's probably quite a lot of gay footballers and I imagine it's a big part of who they are - so fellow professionals giving them support can only be a good thing really.

It's no good getting married and having a couple of sprogs before telling everyone you're gay & it's not like they're going to be going round trying to bum fellow professionals either.