Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one missed is the hoofed clearance that goes out of the stadium.

Only seen it once but it was beautiful. :D

Surely any defender with half a childhood memory should be trying this on a weekly basis when they play at a smaller ground

Makes no sense that this isn't a regular scene but I don't think I've ever witnessed it live

Surely any defender with half a childhood memory should be trying this on a weekly basis when they play at a smaller ground

Makes no sense that this isn't a regular scene but I don't think I've ever witnessed it live

Lost a few when we played accrington a few seasons ago iirc.

Was about to say he's anzi manager but it turns out he was sacked after 2 weeks in the owners cull cause he got bored.

See there's a worse owner than mike Ashley

And aye rene not spelling his last name on my ipad would be a cracking addition, said so of him and phelan when moyes came in and got shut of em both.

I think we can identify the actual second that Moyes decided to jettison old Rene here:

'David, with all due respect, you’ve done a fantastic job in the Premier League with Everton but do you realise you’re going from a yacht to a cruise ship?’

Patronising cloggie cunt :lol:

I've no doubt he has real ability, but it looks like he's got a classic case of "Dutch self-regarding syndrome" as well..

Celebrating a point against the mighty West Ham no less.

Two of the three are injured, so I'm not too bothered about them having a night out after a disappointing result.

What a wonderful, classy club: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/30/liverpool-twitter-munich-air-disaster

Liverpool have apologised and launched an investigation after their Twitter account appeared to mock the Munich air disaster.

@LFC asked fans to suggest three tracks to be played over the Tannoy at Anfield ahead of Sunday's meeting between the Premier League's two fiercest rivals.

One fan apparently responded by suggesting three songs making fun of the 1958 tragedy in which eight Manchester United players died.

The songs were Come Fly With Me by Frank Sinatra, Always Look on the Bright Side of Life by Eric Idle and I Like to Move it by Reel to Reel, according to the Manchester Evening News.

The Monty Python song has been adapted by some who chant "Always Look on the Runway for Ice" while Reel to Reel's 90s dance track has been switched to "I Like to Munich, Munich".

The Liverpool account, which has 1.9m followers, then tweeted back: "Have you been sneaking a look at the dressing room iPod?"

After a deluge of complaints the offending tweet was deleted.

On Friday Liverpool released a statement saying: "Liverpool Football Club responded quickly to correct the error of judgment that was made last night on it's official Twitter account in responding to a distasteful and inappropriate tweet. The club took decisive action and the comment was deleted swiftly. "We apologise, unreservedly, for any offence that was caused by this mistake."

Liverpool have launched an internal investigation into how it happened.

A Manchester United spokesman said: "We welcome the apology."