Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

It's because they (Bradford) aren't in peoples faces about every chance they get.

I remember it happening, watching it at my Dads.

Horrific

That and the fact it's 'only' Bradford City instead of one of the media's football clubs.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it in the house when it happened on 'World of Sport' with Dickie Davies (IIRC). Was at Highbury the day of Hillsborough so didn't really see anything of it till he next day.

Think we played them in the cup within a couple of seasons of that. Some of our lot were singing "you only sing when your burning" :jesuswpt:

Was at Osdal stadium or whatever it was called. Not saying it didn't happen but the first I've heard of it. Not much was taboo, like.

Was at Osdal stadium or whatever it was called. Not saying it didn't happen but the first I've heard of it. Not much was taboo, like.

No it was at ours, evening match either a replay or the league cup?

aah yes, we won but I think they put us out on aggregate?.

the Valley Parade memorial

1797629_594077800699532_3981502497644657

Won 2-0 away, lost 1-0 at home in the Littlewoods cup. :good:

Correction, they won 2-0 first leg, we won 1-0 2nd leg. :blush2:

Edited by Howmanheyman

Is there a minute's silence every year for Hillsborough? I thought they only had it this year because it was 25 years.

Yeah fair one. It would seem appropriate on the last day of the season at Anfield in the year of the 25th anniversary of Hillborough though.

Speaking of left backs, Ashley Cole's just retired after missing out on the World Cup squad.

Whatever you think of him, he's probably been England's best player of the last decade or so. We couldn't find a proper left footed left back before him since Stuart Pearce retired.

Speaking of left backs, Ashley Cole's just retired after missing out on the World Cup squad.

Whatever you think of him, he's probably been England's best player of the last decade or so. We couldn't find a proper left footed left back before him since Stuart Pearce retired.

Retiring after being told that his England career was over?

In other news, I would also like to announce my decision that I no longer wish to be considered for selection by the England national team.

Lerner has put Villa up for sale. They're one club I really wouldn't like to see get an oil rich billionaire. Though they're equally as likely to get a Tan/Carson chancer.