Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Read the link on RTG, and it strikes me how passionate Sunderland fans get about Celtic and Rangers, sticking up for them, holding opinions, and actually displaying sectarianism. Why is that? Almost to a man we just don't give a fuck about them, and look down our nose at them as an insignificance, the same as many of us do about Sunderland.

Isn't there a large Catholic enclave in Sunderland? Not sure tbh but someone was telling me about it once and also reckoned the Catholic / Protestant divide is more noticeable there. He was a (Catholic) mackem btw.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the link on RTG, and it strikes me how passionate Sunderland fans get about Celtic and Rangers, sticking up for them, holding opinions, and actually displaying sectarianism. Why is that? Almost to a man we just don't give a fuck about them, and look down our nose at them as an insignificance, the same as many of us do about Sunderland.

Isn't there a large Catholic enclave in Sunderland? Not sure tbh but someone was telling me about it once and also reckoned the Catholic / Protestant divide is more noticeable there. He was a (Catholic) mackem btw.

I don't know but it shouldn't matter. I'm catholic by birth and they're about as significant as AFC Bournemouth to me.

I don't know but it shouldn't matter. I'm catholic by birth and they're about as significant as AFC Bournemouth to me.

I wasn't saying it should matter or anything, just passing on what the lad told me. He also reckoned Sunderland were traditionally a Catholic club. This was around the time Terry Butcher was manager, ironically. Like you, I couldn't give a fuck. I quite like McCoist though (ex-mackem, I know) so I'm pleased for him atm.

Could be a case of involving themselves in something divisive because there's nothing interesting in their lives?

I hate Rangers but this song has tickled me.

and this one he's 6ft3 hes got a tan he disny eat at Ramadan, Majid Bougherra the Rangers Centre Half nanana.....

Rooney’s father and uncle arrested

Soccer: Wayne Rooney’s father was one of nine men arrested today as part of an investigation into suspicious betting activity, according to reports this afternoon. Wayne Rooney senior, 48, was detained at his home in Liverpool.

Also arrested at his Glasgow home was Motherwell midfielder Steve Jennings. The arrests were carried out by Merseyside Police in a joint operation with the Gambling Commission.

The investigation relates to a match between Motherwell and Hearts on December 14th last year, Merseyside Police said.

It is also understood that Manchester United star Rooney’s uncle Richie, 54, was also detained. All the suspects are being held for questioning at police stations across Merseyside.

In a statement, Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan said the arrests follow “extensive inquiries” into alleged betting irregularities at the Scottish Premier League match.

Regan said: “While the investigation involves several other individuals out with Scotland, it is important to stress that the evidence gathered throughout this thorough period of investigation has involved only one Scottish match.

“Motherwell FC are aware of the situation and will issue a response in due course. The Scottish FA will make no further comment at this stage.”

In a statement Merseyside Police said: “Detectives have today executed warrants at 10 addresses across Merseyside and Glasgow and arrested nine men as part of an investigation into suspicious betting activity.

“The arrests are the culmination of a joint operation with the Gambling Commission and the nine who have been arrested for conspiracy to defraud are being interviewed by detectives.”

A couldn't give a fuck about them really but I got an Umbro Rangers home top ''Tailored for'' range for £8 so I occasionally wear that for five a side & you'll be amazed the amount of stick it gets. :lol:

Rooney’s father and uncle arrested

Soccer: Wayne Rooney’s father was one of nine men arrested today as part of an investigation into suspicious betting activity, according to reports this afternoon. Wayne Rooney senior, 48, was detained at his home in Liverpool.

Also arrested at his Glasgow home was Motherwell midfielder Steve Jennings. The arrests were carried out by Merseyside Police in a joint operation with the Gambling Commission.

The investigation relates to a match between Motherwell and Hearts on December 14th last year, Merseyside Police said.

It is also understood that Manchester United star Rooney’s uncle Richie, 54, was also detained. All the suspects are being held for questioning at police stations across Merseyside.

In a statement, Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan said the arrests follow “extensive inquiries” into alleged betting irregularities at the Scottish Premier League match.

Regan said: “While the investigation involves several other individuals out with Scotland, it is important to stress that the evidence gathered throughout this thorough period of investigation has involved only one Scottish match.

“Motherwell FC are aware of the situation and will issue a response in due course. The Scottish FA will make no further comment at this stage.”

In a statement Merseyside Police said: “Detectives have today executed warrants at 10 addresses across Merseyside and Glasgow and arrested nine men as part of an investigation into suspicious betting activity.

“The arrests are the culmination of a joint operation with the Gambling Commission and the nine who have been arrested for conspiracy to defraud are being interviewed by detectives.”

Rooney-senior_2661325.jpg

Can see why Rooney went for the hair transplant :lol:

Dyer news for crocked Kieron

QPR midfielder Kieron Dyer faces a longer spell on the sidelines after suffering a setback with his foot injury.

Dyer has been out of action since sustaining the problem just minutes into his debut on the opening day of the season against Bolton.

It was initally thought the damage would only sideline him until September, but the injury-plagued 32-year-old has now suffered a new problem.

Rangers boss Neil Warnock admits the latest blow is likely to keep the former England international out until Christmas.

"It's not looking good for Kieron, and it looks as if he will need a lengthy rehab," Warnock told the Fulham Chronicle.

"There seems to be new ligament problem at the front of his foot, and he has been in a lot of pain.

"I feel for the lad, especially after the training and effort he's made to get back."

Warnock has vowed to stick by Dyer after bringing him in on a free transfer in the summer and has ruled out loaning him to another club in the new year.

"There has been talk we whould maybe think of finding Kieron another club at Christmas, bearing in mind we have a number of new players," added Warnock.

"But I would like to keep him until the end of the season - he deserves that at least."

Quelle surprise!

I don't get how people are that injury prone, it's not like Ledely King where it's the same problem week in week out. Surely it's a mental thing aswell since players like Owen and Dyer strike me as being abit weak minded.

Maybe one of these people that have a GCSE in fucking PE can explain it to me.