Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Chelsea have been fined £20,000 by the Football Association after admitting a charge of ''failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion'' in their Premier League match against QPR, the Football Association have confirmed.

Didnt we get fined 30k against Arsenal for doing fuck all? What is 20k to a football club anyway, ridiculous.

Tevez got fined 50 times as much for refusing to warm up :lol:

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea have been fined £20,000 by the Football Association after admitting a charge of ''failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion'' in their Premier League match against QPR, the Football Association have confirmed.

Didnt we get fined 30k against Arsenal for doing fuck all? What is 20k to a football club anyway, ridiculous.

They do it in every game. The fine should reflect this.

Horrible team of cunts they are, hope they win fuck all else.

It’s quiet. Too quiet. It’s not supposed to be quiet at St James’ Park. It’s supposed to be, for want of a better word, mental. Newcastle don’t do this. They don’t do steady progress. Newcastle do panic sackings, internal wars and PR disasters. Cruelly, but accurately, nicknamed ‘Jongleurs FC’ by sniffier sections of the media, there’s no denying that they have long been the comedy club of the Premier League. That’s what makes this sudden outbreak of calm so… sinister.

Look at the facts. Newcastle have played nine, won five, drawn four and lost none. None! The only other team that can say that are Manchester City, currently five points clear at the top and still going up through the gears. The season is almost a quarter complete and the Magpies have snaffled 19 points already. As Alan Pardew pointed out, perhaps in a shrewd effort to lower rising expectations, that’s half of what they need to stay up. They’ve only conceded six goals in the league, one less than next tightest team, City, and half as many as Manchester United have shipped. Despite dumping influential senior players like Kevin Nolan, José Enrique and Twitter’s Joey Barton, they’ve managed to forge a team so reliable that eight of them have started every single game. They are more indomitable at the back than they have been at any time in living memory and they can retain and recycle possession without suddenly freaking out and launching the ball into orbit whenever someone closes them down. Frankly, they are the most unNewcastley Newcastle that most of us have ever seen.

Much of this is down to Newcastle manager Alan Pardew. If there was a word to describe the reaction to his appointment last year, that word would be ‘meh’. The perception was that he was Mike Ashley’s man, another capo in the Cockney Mafia. No-one liked him, no-one rated him and no-one wanted him. But Pardew was smart. He was smart enough not to take the credit he deserved in his debut win over Liverpool, preferring to praise his predecessor, the likeable Chris Hughton. He didn’t grandstand; he just got on with his job. The departure of Andy Carroll in January was a huge blow to his credibility, given that he had assured the press pack there was no way the young striker was leaving, but he rode out the storm and dragged his team to safety.

Granted, he can occasionally veer down a dangerous line, somewhere between Alan Partridge and David Brent. He closed the press conference after the miraculous 4-4 draw against Arsenal in January by holding his arms aloft and loudly exclaiming, “YES!” only to be met with awkward silence.

Nevertheless, there is no getting away from the fact that Newcastle looked coached. They look like they’ve been coached to within an inch of their lives.

It would be nice to talk more about Ashley. It would be nice to map out his ideology and his blueprint for success, perhaps to present him with the humble apology he probably deserves. Unfortunately, neither he, nor his managing director Derek Llambias, will speak openly to the press. They prefer to remain shadows behind frosted glass, Oompa-Loompas secretly toiling in the factory, feverishly cutting costs. Have they finally stopped making mistakes? Hiring Kevin Keegan only to undermine him at every turn was a mistake. Replacing him with Joe Kinnear was a hilarious mistake. Replacing Kinnear with Alan Shearer on April Fools’ Day was a mistake so extraordinary that the appointment almost didn’t get printed in my newspaper because I was so convinced that someone was taking the mickey. Sacking Hughton, stringing out a bonus dispute, alienating fans, messing with the name of the stadium, mistake, mistake, mistake, mistake. In the accounts department, they’ve turned Newcastle United from a smoke-belching clown car into a purring saloon, but outside of that, hiring Pardew might actually be the first decision they’ve got right since they arrived.

And yet, something still feels wrong. Is it that their most prolific striker is Demba Ba, a man thought to have knees made out of meringue? Is it that two distinct groups of French and English players seems a recipe for two opposing super-cliques? Or is just that some clubs were put on this Earth to win shiny things and others to inexplicably lose them? In spite of my avowed objectivity, I’ve grown to rather like Newcastle and yet I still have this feeling that something, somewhere is very wrong. After all, it is far too quiet, isn’t it?

:lol:

http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/opinions/no-jokes-at-newcastle-now-just-quiet-progress/

I'd make a new thread about this but I dont want to upset poor old Leazes on a Sunday...from the Daily/Sunday Express website:

HOME > SPORT > FOOTBALL > Support for Newcastle owner Mike Ashley from unlikeliest of sources

FOOTBALL

SUPPORT FOR NEWCASTLE OWNER MIKE ASHLEY FROM UNLIKELIEST OF SOURCES

Freddy Shepherd is still a Newcastle fan

Sunday October 30,2011

By John Richardson

FORMER Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd celebrated his 70th birthday last night with a big party in London.

It was attended by a number of football luminaries but safe to say there was no invitation for current Toon owner Mike Ashley.

Shepherd was ill in hospital in 2007 when he discovered Sir John Hall had sold his majority shareholding to the sports shop magnate, effectively forcing Newcastle United-daft Freddy to sell up too.

The largesse of the Hall and Shepherd era, which encompassed Kevin Keegan’s great entertainers, has been followed by the frugal financial times of the Ashley empire.

After Hall and Shepherd lavished around £130million on players, Ashley followed his Sports Direct policy of pile high and sell as he placed a squeeze on spending while flogging marketable football assets like Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan.

With Alan Pardew at the managerial helm, young and hungry players like Yohan Cabaye and Sylvain Marveaux were imported.

I am still a massive Newcastle fan

Former Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd

Pardew’s energised side travel to Stoke tomorrow still unbeaten in the Premier League. Around 4,500 members of the Toon Army travelled to Blackburn in midweek to witness a spectacular 4-3 defeat which seemed to belong to a bygone era. The fact that they almost pulled the Carling Cup tie out of the bag earned more praise.

Some of it has come from an unlikely source, Shepherd. He admitted: “I am still a massive Newcastle fan. True to say Mike and I have not always seen eye to eye but you’ve got to give him some of the credit for what is happening this season.

“I think it’s time for the fans to get fully behind him and give him a chance. After all, no one really owns Newcastle because it’s simply a football institution

“Maybe he is right in his policy and I was wrong. Maybe we gave our managers too much money to spend in the transfer market. I reckon we spent around £300m on players like Alan Shearer, David Ginola, Les Ferdinand, Tino Asprilla and Michael Owen.

“Though we never won anything, it was still a great adventure for everyone connected with Newcastle. We were known all over the world. I have a photo of the day they pulled down Saddam Hussein’s statue in Iraq – there was a guy with a Toon shirt beside it.

“The fans are now clearly behind Alan Pardew and the team, and if they get behind the directors the only way they can go is up.”

Shepherd has been offered five clubs to buy since he left St James’ Park but added: “I am a Geordie. You can change your bank, your accountant, your wife, but you can’t change your football team.”

Ex-Magpies player John Anderson watches all their games for BBC Radio Newcastle and has been impressed.

“They showed real bottle at Blackburn,” said the former Republic of Ireland international. “Going into added-time 2-0 down, a lot of sides would have thrown the towel in. They got back into it with two great goals and were unfortunate to lose in extra-time.

“They have a togetherness and a belief. They don’t seem to know when they are beaten. A lot of people were saying this was a big season for Alan Pardew. This is his team after coming in halfway through last season. Right now he deserves an A-plus.”

Pardew revealed: “He (Ashley) wants us to be a top-10 side. Success drives him on. He does it in a way that sometimes can be brutal but my job is to manage that.

“Hopefully we can be successful but we’re not going to be by paying over the odds and

I didn't ask :lol: It was just a brief hello, walked past with my daughter being all cute and funny at the airport. I looked up and he was smiling at us, i obviously jolted with recognition and smiled, said bonjour, ca va and giggled like a girl. He stuck his hand out to shake and replied and smiled. I just floated off in a daze after that.

Amusing stat for Alex Ferguson's 25 years with Man U

Top 4 now - Man City, Man Utd, NUFC, Chelsea

Bottom 4 when he was appointed - Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, NUFC

Statastic that. Good one.

Fascinating to look at top flight when SAF took over: Forest, Luton, Coventry, Wimbledon, Oxford among those above Utd, City and Chelsea.

Bit false like iirc, they'd had a bad start under Big Ron but despite not winning the league for a good while they were always up there come the end of the season and he won the cup with them twice as well I think (v. Brighton and Everton).

You know what fuck's me off btw. The same pundits saying we've played no one are the same who say the Premier League is the best in the world because there are no easy games.

You know what fuck's me off btw. The same pundits saying we've played no one are the same who say the Premier League is the best in the world because there are no easy games.

Aye 11 games down and still we haven't played anyone.