Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole caviar/kebab argument doesn't stand up. Kebabs are still nice now and again for a change, fucking her would be akin to eating a shit sandwich just cos you don't have them very often.

Its only offered in explanation for why some men do that, the relative quality of the kebab can obviously vary from plain ring-stinger to inedible but i think every man on here recognises at least one shag in their life that fits into the category.

I had one last week. #realtalk

Alan Pardew stamps authority at Newcastle

Oct 2 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

ALAN PARDEW’S Newcastle United quiet revolution will continue apace – despite the first flushes of on-field success for the Toon chief.

While Premier League results have captured headlines and the black-and-white imagination so far this season, away from the big games the Newcastle chief is continuing the wholesale restructuring work kicked off earlier in the year.

The behind-the-scenes overhaul saw United’s training ground transformed in the summer, with hundreds of thousands of pounds invested in playing surfaces and facilities at their Benton Park base.

Allied to a new set of player rules and agreeing a new bonus schedule, Pardew has firmly stamped his authority on the club that he took charge of back in December last year.

But ahead of a fortnight’s international break that Pardew admits he would “rather not have to deal with”, the United boss has lifted the lid on further moves to revolutionise the club.

Work on recruiting young players into the development squad continues – an agent with young South American players on his books visited the training ground on Thursday – while Pardew is also looking to deploy some of his scouts to Spain to visit Barcelona’s famous La Masia youth Academy.

“The stuff behind the scenes continues – absolutely,” Pardew said.

“We had an agent at the training ground on Thursday who represents young players from South America, we’ve got a situation where I’m trying to get someone to the Barcelona Academy, just because we haven’t been there for a while and it would be a good time to have a look around.

“All of those processes continue.”

One “process” still on the agenda is a search for another striker – despite the fine recent form of Demba Ba and Leon Best.

United sent a delegation to watch Mobido Maiga a fortnight ago and had scouts watching Bayer Leverkusen’s Eren Derdiyok this week, illustrating that they are still checking out potential targets.

Pardew wants to know a month before the window shuts what their course of action will be.

“I don’t think you can change your opinions over the course of a couple of games. I think we have a long way to run before we get to that window opening,” he said.

“Four weeks before that we will need to nail down what we’re going to do.

“Because if we leave it too late we might end in the same situation – not correcting what we think might be wrong.

“At the moment the team is functioning well but you want to improve all the time.

“So bringing in a player in that window would be a really good tonic, whichever position we’re in.”

See the mackems are moving away fans from their South Stand to the North West Corner up a height like we used to. Will sound like a home game for us up there when we go.

See the mackems are moving away fans from their South Stand to the North West Corner up a height like we used to. Will sound like a home game for us up there when we go.

heh wouldnt suprise me if its a ploy or tactic to pick a fight with newcastle fans

The mackems must think if the Newcastle fans aren't visible they might actually beat us, no chance.

Plus we've always got the memories of the likes of Dabizas, Solano, Shearer, Ryan Taylor sticking it to them with thousands of geordies celebrating in the background.

fuck it lets have some pictures

nikos-dabizas-325864431.jpg

sport-graphics-2003_737120a.jpg

shearersunderlandgoalscan400.jpg

ryan-taylor_1977062c.jpg

Anyone want some "out of window" transfer gossip?..no?...tough!

We're apparently after Scott Brown from Celtic for next season, mostly because (you'll never guess) he may well be available on a free transfer as he's stalling on a contract at Celtic. A Celtic fan at work told me this today. That was before I heard on the radio that hes out injured for the next 10 weeks. So with a troublesome recent injury likely to be on his CV by then end of the season as well then I think its pretty much a done deal :)

On paper its makes some sort of sense....he's undeniably moderately talented, scores goals, at 26 should be approaching his peak etc...but he is posistionally awful on a football pitch and according to my mate a defensive liability. If it happens remember where you heard it first ;)

Read the link on RTG, and it strikes me how passionate Sunderland fans get about Celtic and Rangers, sticking up for them, holding opinions, and actually displaying sectarianism. Why is that? Almost to a man we just don't give a fuck about them, and look down our nose at them as an insignificance, the same as many of us do about Sunderland.