Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Been thinking, we're 4th in the league and looking at the minute heaps better than Liverpool... if you add how much we paid for our starting 11 together, would it be less than they paid for Carroll? Krul cost 220 thousand euro's, Steven Taylor is through the youth team, Ba on a free, 750k on Simpson... so that's less than 1 million just putting 4 starting players in. All this "have to spend" is clearly bullshit. Obviously i'd rather the Carroll money be spent and everything, but i'd take our situation over a Sunderland/Liverpool spunking money on shite who can't work together.

Edited by CleeToonFan

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not arguing that, but it's not really comparable is it. That's the point, past few seasons in your minds, it shouldn't be comparable, but it is. Now let's sell Tiote and Cabaye, we'll have Guthrie and Gosling to run shows ;)

Been thinking, we're 4th in the league and looking at the minute heaps better than Liverpool... if you add how much we paid for our starting 11 together, would it be less than they paid for Carroll? Krul cost 220 thousand euro's, Steven Taylor is through the youth team, Ba on a free, 750k on Simpson... so that's less than 1 million just putting 4 starting players in. All this "have to spend" is clearly bullshit. Obviously i'd rather the Carroll money be spent and everything, but i'd take our situation over a Sunderland/Liverpool spunking money on shite who can't work together.

I thought Liverpool looked very good against Chelsea and Man City I have to say, but Dalglish is still a cunt. I think the top 3 will be the present top three, anything can happen lower than that.

Aye, we won't do better than Liverpool because they're a better team and this'll show over the course of the season. But take their starting line up from a few years back (let's say 2009/10ish) and compare it with now. Now do the same to ours, the improvements made on ours are clear, they've gotten worse, and look at the money we've spent comparatively. Dalglish is a wanker and it bores me how the media slag off this "Messiah" bullshit while he's pretty much a similar figure for them "King Kenny Revolution" and all that crap. We're 3 points better off than Liverpool, and it's December (it will be by saturday mind), not bad for a team who's actually earnt more from transfers than they've spent. "LONG LIVE MIKE ASHLEY" (Yes Leazes I was joking, I still hate Mike Ashley)

LFCOffside Liverpool Offside

Chelsea fans boo a player being stretchered off. Liverpool fans sing for a player and manager who made his name with Everton.

This sums up some Liverpool fans for me.

So much up their own arse.

didnt gary speed make his name wih leeds anyway?

Speed played fewer games for everton than for any of his clubs other than Sheff U

desperate to find something to pat themselves on the back for tbh

Yeh - it was Leeds.

''desperate to find something to pat themselves on the back for tbh'' - Exactly

My gripe is he conveniently forgets when they booed Alan Smith off on his stretcher, shouted ''munich scum'' at the ambulance, threw stones and It & tried to turn it over.

All a bit worse than booing...

This sums up some Liverpool fans for me.

So much up their own arse.

I use to know a kid who was a Liverpool supporter. He would cry uncontrollably regularly for no reason.

I think that sums them up better.

Yeh - it was Leeds.

''desperate to find something to pat themselves on the back for tbh'' - Exactly

My gripe is he conveniently forgets when they booed Alan Smith off on his stretcher, shouted ''munich scum'' at the ambulance, threw stones and It & tried to turn it over.

All a bit worse than booing...

They rocked the ambulance too, and that was the game they were throwing cups of shit at the Man Utd fans in the tier below.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4742360.stm

Manchester United and Liverpool have issued a joint statement condemning the fans who attacked the ambulance taking Alan Smith to hospital at the weekend.

Smith, 25, suffered a broken leg and a dislocated ankle during United's 1-0 FA Cup defeat at Anfield.

The clubs' statement read: "These people aren't real fans of football.

"The actions of a few idiots should not overshadow the efforts of all involved to make sure Alan received the best treatment as soon as possible."

Reports in several newspapers on Thursday claimed the ambulance was surrounded by people who threw stones and bottles at it and even tried to rock it from side to side.

The two paramedics - both Liverpool fans - were described as being "horrified" by the hostility shown once the culprits realised the occupants of the ambulance were Alan Smith and Manchester United's club doctor Mike Stone.

A spokesman for the Merseyside ambulance trust confirmed the attack: "It did not result in any delay in transferring the player to hospital but the trust cannot condone this type of behaviour while administering emergency treatment."

Smith, who later underwent surgery on the injury, was given a general anaesthetic before he left the stadium so was not aware of the attack on the ambulance.

Les Lawson, secretary of the Merseyside branch of the official Liverpool Supporters' Club, told BBC Radio Five Live: "The Liverpool supporters who were actually inside the ground gave Alan Smith a standing ovation as he left the field.

"As far as I am concerned, the people who attacked the ambulance are not genuine Liverpool supporters because you just don't do that sort of thing.

"You never know when you are going to need the paramedics yourself or for a member of your family, so how would they feel if mindless idiots came out and tried to shake an ambulance and throw missiles.

"These are just not genuine football fans. Words just fail you really.

"I don't think the relationship between the two sets of fans will ever improve really because there is a great rivalry and the fans just don't like each other," he added.

Speed only died on Sunday yet there are people already squabbling about how to show respect for him, who is doing it, why we should be doing it or if we should be doing it at all and for soldiers instead. Incidentally how to remember dead soldiers was also a huge debate recently. Everything is such a huge competition to get the last word, to be on the highest horse, rather than just shutting up and reflecting on the bigger picture.

I'm sure it wasn't always like this. Is that just society these days? Is it message board culture (whatever that is)? Who knows. It's bloody depressing anyway.

Speed only died on Sunday yet there are people already squabbling about how to show respect for him, who is doing it, why we should be doing it or if we should be doing it at all and for soldiers instead. Incidentally how to remember dead soldiers was also a huge debate recently. Everything is such a huge competition to get the last word, to be on the highest horse, rather than just shutting up and reflecting on the bigger picture.

I'm sure it wasn't always like this. Is that just society these days? Is it message board culture (whatever that is)? Who knows. It's bloody depressing anyway.

I know what you mean. The more time spent on attempting to loook the 'most' respectful can end up looking hollow and contrived.

Yeh, keeping up appearances.

''Look what we did when the Chelsea fans were being nasty'' etc etc,

''If you wear a poppy what are you doing for Holocaust memorial day?''

I'm not convinced it's a particularly new phenomenom like but aye, it screams "I'm so much better/more dignified than you are" whilst completely missing the point.

I think it seems to be so much more common - perhaps in tandem with the rise of social media people have been mobilized to get on their high horse that little bit quicker.

Like when football is mourning anyone and some daft bint on facebook will say it's an outrage because a soldier died and people should mourn him instead etc etc or because people are dying in Africa etc etc, it's become a competition for some people.