Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

We're not the only ones with dickhead owners.

Though my 50 quid feels a bit safer.

EXCLUSIVE: Steve Kean signs new, improved Blackburn deal

Steve Kean has signed a new contract at Blackburn Rovers.

It is an incredible show of confidence in the under-fire Blackburn boss by the club's wealthy Indian owners Venky's.

Blackburn fans have held demonstrations against Kean, even hiring a light aircraft to display a banner "Steve Kean Out" during Saturday's defeat to Chelsea.

But after weeks of talks over a new deal, Kean has agreed a new contract and put pen to paper which is likely to further infuriate upset fans.

Kean, 44, was already on a contract until 2013 and the new deal is believed to give him better terms.

The club owners appointed Kean after Sam Allardyce left the club and it has been an unpopular decision.

But the latest development proves that the owners are fully behind Kean despite the unrest among the supporters.

Rovers have been locked in a relegation battle all season and Kean is still among the bookies' favourites to be axed.

Well done Venkys pleased by this, a lot of people will pipe down over the next few months.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team positive entering the fray...

We are currently 10-15 points ahead of all Europe league contenders. How badly would we need to fuck up in order to fall outside of top 7?

Relegation form from now on sees us at mid-50s come end of the season. Could very well be enough for 7th. Anyone else scouring hotels.com for away matches in Europe? :)

Caught a bit of Anglia news earlier which featured Ipswich's financial results. Basically they lost 10m but the sales of Whickham and Walters meant they broke even give or take.

However the "fuck me" moment was that have debts of £66m - they are another club which only exist because of a sugar daddy.

City looking at possibly terminating Tevez`s contract... wonder if dekka and Mike would have him for free even if it means paying an eye-watering weekly wage. Your guess is as good as mine...

Unless we move to Buenos Aires don't hold your breath.

Wenger to consider future in summer

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will think about his future at the Premier League club at the end of the season, L'Equipe Magazine reported on Saturday.

Asked by the magazine if he would still be with the north London club next season, the 62-year-old Frenchman replied: "I will consider it at the end of the season. I have two years left on my contract.

"But with me or someone else, it makes no difference. Who comes after me must have the basics to achieve success."

Wenger arrived at the club in 1996 and won the 1998, 2002 and 2004 Premier League titles. Success has subsequently become elusive and he lost two leading players in Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona and Samir Nasri to Manchester City in the close season,

After struggling at the start of the season, Arsenal have now climbed to seventh place.

"We'll see in December where we can finish. It was necessary to reconstruct the squad in a climate where we were lacking confidence," he said. "It takes time."

Edited by ewerk

THE interview had finished when Xavi Hernandez, the world’s best midfielder, started asking about English football.

Unlike many footballers, the Barcelona and Spain international is a fan with an insatiable appetite for trivia.

“One of the best stadiums is Newcastle,” he said, eyes sparkling. “St. James’ Park.”

He then asked several questions about the third biggest club stadium in England.

Here kitty kitty kitty...

Edited by Saltwater

Well done Blackburn Rovers and Venkys giving Steve Kean a 2 year contract extension. They'll come 11th or 12th and Blackburn fans will look fucking stupid.

They already look fucking stupid. Who do they think they are like? :lol: They won the league knocking on 20 years ago because an aged fan was wanking money all over them-look at it as a massive bonus, not a way of life you little Lancastrian griefhole of a place. In fact look at being in the Premier League as massively overperforming full stop.

yea me to it would make my day hopefully at christmas hehe. what would really top it off is for them to be relegated and for stevie brucie to get the sack and for all those expensive wasters to leave hahaha and for the club to be liquigated